Technique vs Athleticism

Guest M12

On here lately there's been a lot of talk like."They're only winning because they're fast and strong""if you took away his pace and strength, he'd be nothing""technical ballers can play till they're 100, athletes can only play till they're 25."IMO athleticism is a very big part of the game. you can have all the technique in the world. if you aint got stamina, pace or strength you CANNOT boss a game. Or somebody with these attributes will overshadow you.It also seems like people on here confuse having a footballing brain with technique as well. Makalele has a sick footballing brain and knows where to be snuff out danger as does mascherano. Guys like nistelrooy also instinctively know the most likely positions to get into to score a goal. None of these players are particualrly technically gifted.Then there's guys like denilson, BARE technique and nobody can say otherwise, but where is he now?THe ability to read things and play the percentages correctly>>technique and athleticism. look at frank lampard. not particularly gifted technically or physically but fat frank knows if he can get 5 shots on target from range with power. most likely 1 will go in. thats why hes banging 20 goals a season.If technique was the be all and end all then mr wu and soufiane touzani would be superstars, but they're not.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Technically gifted player i've seen whilst being alive.I think you're just talking about skills.Most Technical players have a footballing brain.
they dont though still.adebayor is sick technically. his touch and close control are sick but he doesnt understand the right thing to do with the ball or which positions to hit etc.there are lots of technical players who have no footballing brain

Every sportsmen in any sport has technique otherwise they wouldnt be able to perform what they do.Its just how good the technique is astheticaly (sp)Havin a footballin brain is different however , its how you use your technique.I.e Zidane , hes technique looks sick , and he uses hes brain better then others to do extra ordinary passes etc etc

Every sportsmen in any sport is has technique otherwise they wouldnt be able to perform what they do.Its just how good the technique is astheticaly (sp)Havin a footballin brain is different however , its how you use your technique.I.e Zidane , hes technique looks sick , and he uses hes brain better then others to do extra ordinary passes etc etc
this is more what im getting at. certain players know and understand when to try that skill, or play that pass, or see a gap that others can't. that's not technique anymore. that's your knowledge of the game

hmm i think we have different ideas of what technique actually is.if you were to define technique what would you say it was
Technique i see as everything basically.From the way you bring a ball down from the air, Shooting, passing. Agree with Muderous, Lampard has very good technique, wouldn't say he's technically gifted but hes very good.Huddlestone has good technique(Laugh now, but real guys know)At this moment, Pirlo is one of the most technically gifted player in the world right now.Skills can fall down to a certain extent, most technical guys can do all that, but most people don't need it.

I always always have a player such as Guardiola or Redondo instead of a player such as Mahmoudu Diarra .As I think Athleticism is something that isn't always necessary you need to get a team full of technically gifted players to be able to out play the oppsition, you can always collect athelets like Pompey for example and hope they produce. That is the problem of teams such as Portsmouth they are not able to retain posession and out play opposition but just bully them and out muscle them.Also having a team that is fully technical but not athleticism in it would get bullied and out muscled by athletic opposition. Thats why it is good to have a good amount of both in your team as both are nothing with out each other.A team that has both would be Chelsea

zidane has bothhes really gifted : he can buss sick moves anytime he wantshes clever : he knows when to do them, you rarely see him do a trick thats uselessimo, playing football is not hard as everyone can be trained on how to pass the ball in every circumstance and where to pass it but the best players are those that are both very gifted and "game intelligent"the difference between a good player and a superstar, is that the superstar has both technique and cleverness, and the good ( and very good player ) has game intelligence that he trained ( he, of course, was good enough t begin with in this domain )when it comes to ppl like denilson, these are clowns, they may have sick technique but greediness and looking at their own boots all the time doesnt help

hmm i think we have different ideas of what technique actually is.if you were to define technique what would you say it was
Technique i see as everything basically.From the way you bring a ball down from the air, Shooting, passing. Agree with Muderous, Lampard has very good technique, wouldn't say he's technically gifted but hes very good.Huddlestone has good technique(Laugh now, but real guys know)At this moment, Pirlo is one of the most technically gifted player in the world right now.Skills can fall down to a certain extent, most technical guys can do all that, but most people don't need it.
Said it from day.In 4 years he will be one of the worlds best center midfielders.

Said it from day.In 4 years he will be one of the worlds best center midfielders.
i dont put too much belief in english players anymore.a few years back joe cole looked like he was gonna be one of the best players in the world if he continued to develop at the same rate. same could be said for pennant and a few others

Lampard has good shooting technique.He has a sick football brain.Zidane had both to a very high level.Same as someone like Bergkamp also, certain through balls man did no1 else in the world would see that pass.Some see the pass but they dont have the technique to execute the delivery, man like Ghally.You will see Ghally try certain over the top balls or certain slide throughs that go through to the keeper and it looks like he's tryna bred Pirlo.

Some see the pass but they dont have the technique to execute the delivery, man like Ghally.You will see Ghally try certain over the top balls or certain slide throughs that go through to the keeper and it looks like he's tryna bred Pirlo.
LMFAO