Sign in to follow this  
Brukfoot

Music You Were Brought Up With

This is the oldest cassette I can remember from our old flat in Tottenham. Ragga_Beat_Various_Artists__5874357.jpg

Tracklist:1.: Oh Carolina2.: Sweat (A La La La La Long)3.: Mr Loverman4.: Try Jah Love5.: Iron Lion Zion6.: Flex7.: Bad Boys8.: Deep9.: Red Red Wine10.: Baby I Love Your Way11.: Sweets For My Sweet12.: Wheel Of Fortune13.: Shine14.: Twist And Shout15.: I Can't Help Falling In Love With You16.: Dedicated To The One I Love17.: I Can See Clearly Now18.: Buffalo Soldier
Dated 1995 so I guess that's as far as I can think back (I was born in 1990)Good Times Also "Fugees - The Score" used to get battered.What did you guys use to listen to back in your younger days?

That looks over commercial. My parents are into Roots and Revival. I had the score on tape, lol.

Bob MarleyMJ - ThrillerSnoop Dogg, Dr Dre and NWA albumsand some african reggae singerthats the earliest i can remember

lol my dad still has sum old ass NOW (insert really low numberhere) LPs layin around lmaoand loads of old beatles and even sum earth wind and fire stuff layin about

My mom was in2 the usual 80's music, Sting, talkin heads, classical & opera. i remember when she & my Dad were fighting & Id sit in her room w her & we'd blast the tape of Carmen the opera, I love it to this day.

My dad was a bit of sting(pop singer) fan back in the day, I think.Anyway pops used to rinse that 'Englishman In New York' tune. lolIt was quite catchy still. "ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh i'm an alien I'm a legal alienI'm an Englishman in New York"loool

just nothing but reggae n revival da pups has tooooooooooooo much tapes an cd's
u dun kno the dusty box of old tapesand roots 95.4fm on a sunday whilst cooking in the kitchen.

My dad was a bit of sting(pop singer) fan back in the day, I think.Anyway pops used to rinse that 'Englishman In New York' tune. lolIt was quite catchy still. "ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh i'm an alien I'm a legal alienI'm an Englishman in New York"loool
i heard the "Im a Jamaican in New York"man used to bang out that tune differently

Before I was really old enough to seek out my own music, my parents mostly raised me round Motown vinyls and tapes. The Jacksons, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross, Temptations, Smokey Robinson, Isley Brothers, Four Tops, Commodores, etc. They also had a lot of Elvis, Beatles and Cat Stevens.

rod stewartsting n the po posearth wind firesadegipsy kingsearliest i can remember
Lol yeah Gypsy Kings over ere too.
BAMBOLEYOOOOBAMBOLEYYAAAAlol

rod stewartsting n the po posearth wind firesadegipsy kingsearliest i can remember
Lol yeah Gypsy Kings over ere too.
BAMBOLEYOOOOBAMBOLEYYAAAAlol
lol, I was tryna think of a way ot word it but cldnt, u got it spot on!

Imagine this thread being done 15-20 yrs from now, wha the youth of today wld be saying they listen to compared to what we did. Total meaningless, mumbo jumbo w a sick beat.Ay bay, bay.