Lassana Diarra Signs

MrJibbles

Club Statement :Arsenal Football Club is pleased to confirm that Lassana Diarra has signed for the Club from Premier League side Chelsea, on a long term contract for an undisclosed fee.Diarra (22) who is comfortable playing in midfield or defence, has spent the last two seasons with Chelsea, where he collected a Carling Cup winnerâs medal in February this year after playing in the final against the Gunners.Awarded individual accolades of Young Player of the Year by both former clubs, Le Havre (2004) and Chelsea (2006), Diarra has gone on to play for France in their Euro 2008 qualifying campaign.Lassana Diarra said: âI have great respect for the manager Arsène Wenger and am attracted by the style of football that the team plays. Of course I am excited by what the future holds and keen to play my part in helping Arsenal fight for trophies this season and for years to come.âArsène Wenger said: âLassana is a multi-functional player, making him a great addition to our squad. Not only is he hard working, he has a creative edge and is comfortable playing in the middle of the pitch or at right back.âLassana Diarra will wear the number 8 shirt.August 31 2007[ Friday, August 31, 2007]

Pointless IMOonly way i can read into it is that he is the long-term replacement for gilberto, if in midfield Diarra is what some suggest he is i.e a DM in the Makelele mouldgilberto seems to have gone down in wengers estimation considering he is 3rd choice to captain the side and a 24yr old toure is prefered to him.No doubt diarra will be a big player in futurebut a winger should have been our number priority right now im so pissed

but we really dont need him
first of all yyyyyyyyeeeeeees cmon yesss this is what i have been waiting for hang tight chelsea for helping us twice on last day signings ........and wtf are you chatting about we dont need him we have some fat problem in the defence right now so why cant we dip into the market like chelsea allways doman was punchiing air yesterday

Its apparently 5m, which is crazy for a player who's contract was gonna run out in January.TBH If we had signed a winger then Diarra I'd be more happy about the signing.Right now this just cuts Denilson's, Hoyte's, Song's & Flamini's possible playing time.
eduardo walcott hleb rosicky flamini ebua and now diarra can al play wing and im shure theres more

Big signing....MUCH rather have him play as the holding player than Diaby, Song OR FlaminiPlus can play RB which pleases me because now Eboue is a confirmed starting RW...Still peeved about not left winger but I think Eduardo can and should play there for now because Adeebayor adds another dimension to our attack...