Sky Broadband

Doom

As long as ur exchange ain't overwhelmed & u live near 2 the exchange then u should be more than happy at the service.I think the nightmare stories of some new users have died now. But from me personally.I've experienced 16MB full since I migrated from UK Online & no dumbness has gwan. Barring the minor ish that tried 2 occur during the migration.

As long as ur exchange ain't overwhelmed & u live near 2 the exchange then u should be more than happy at the service.I think the nightmare stories of some new users have died now. But from me personally.I've experienced 16MB full since I migrated from UK Online & no dumbness has gwan. Barring the minor ish that tried 2 occur during the migration.
im on ukonline as well, how much were u paying with them

I think the nightmare stories of some new users have died now.
yuphad teethin problems but they gone nownow i get 10mb instead of 5mb i was gettin with BT while payin 3 times the priceno problems with downloads, no problems with torrentsalthough last week BT tried charge us for internet use abaat sky didnt migrate the service prob n they still run itbitch was like we can give you a discount because we dont wanna lose a customer u know etc, with gave u the mac code to switch but if you want we can give u like £5 offone swift call to ofcom sorted that still

SheeetYou are around 560 metres from your exchange (as the crow flies).Man could jog there and back before my download finishes.
As it says, that's just str8 distance as the crow flies. But when u adapt that into real life. Then think how long the actual cablin into & outer houses. But sayin that. U should still be able 2 get good if not maximum speeds.

You are around 2.34 kilometres from your exchange (as the crow flies).is this good ? will i get good speeds ? im with talk talk now and its cheap and all but the service cuts off during the evening for about an hour without fail , and that wasn't part of the deal it's just bad service . also i have to keep track of my downloading so i dont go over the 40 gb limit . does sky broadband have a download limit and is it worth me changing considering my distance from the exchange and the amount i download a month ?i appreciate any advice .

You are around 2.34 kilometres from your exchange (as the crow flies).is this good ? will i get good speeds ? im with talk talk now and its cheap and all but the service cuts off during the evening for about an hour without fail , and that wasn't part of the deal it's just bad service . also i have to keep track of my downloading so i dont go over the 40 gb limit . does sky broadband have a download limit and is it worth me changing considering my distance from the exchange and the amount i download a month ?i appreciate any advice .
2.34 Km as the crow flies seems like its gonna be worse in real life terms.SKY dont do CAPS still. They have a FUP but unless if u really take the piss. Then u kool.What speeds are u gettin on ur current package?If u really want TRUE estimations of what u can and cant get.. Grab be your SNR for Upload and Download.The SNR can be found in your ROUTER's admin panel. If ur using a router...

2.34 Km as the crow flies seems like its gonna be worse in real life terms.SKY dont do CAPS still. They have a FUP but unless if u really take the piss. Then u kool.What speeds are u gettin on ur current package?If u really want TRUE estimations of what u can and cant get.. Grab be your SNR for Upload and Download.The SNR can be found in your ROUTER's admin panel. If ur using a router...
thanks for replying . . . but i didn't understand a lot of that . what is CAPS , FUP and SNR ?im on talk talk now , and the fastest i can download a file is 500kb /sec , and my modem is 10 mb . and i dont use a router . . .

ITs different for every ISP innit..Virgin are PISSTAKE.. If you download 5gb between 3pm and 11pm (something like that) they drop your speed to 4mbI'm on 20mb so it takes like 40 minutes to download that..
How much do you pay for that package?I'm on Virgin right now but I ain't sure how much we pay for it seeing as we have the phone line, and the cable TV with it...