IF YOUR MUSIC BIZ GAME IT TIGHT!

Goddaz

Sign up if you haven't & be a member. Way back when I wasn't a member & sequently LOST bare p's so don't let happen to you. Main points are highlighted in red.MCPS-PRS Alliance signs ground-breaking agreement with YouTubeThe MCPS-PRS Alliance today became the first collecting society outside the US to license YouTube.The ground-breaking licensing agreement - announced by the Alliance and YouTube today â will allow royalties to flow to members for use of their works on the service. This applies to music videos, user uploads and other audio visual content. The licensing agreement fully acknowledges the contribution of the creators of music to the YouTube service. Chad Hurley, CEO and Co-Founder of YouTube said: âWeâre pleased to be working in cooperation with the MCPS-PRS Alliance to provide the YouTube community in the UK with the best possible user experience. This agreement is another great example of how we are working with the music industry to explore new and creative ways to compensate music creators.âSteve Porter, Chief Executive of the MCPS-PRS Alliance said: âWe are delighted to have concluded this deal with YouTube and to be the first collecting society outside the US to do so. Whether it is music videos, user uploads or other audio visual content, our agreement will allow our 50,000 songwriter, composer and music publisher members to be paid when their creative talents are being enjoyed on YouTubeâs service across the UK.âYouTube is the worldâs largest online video community allowing millions of people to discover, watch and share originally created videos. YouTube provides a forum for people to connect, inform and inspire others across the globe and acts as a distribution platform for original content creators and advertisers large and small.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i swear radio is liek 0.0001p for every 1000 listerners pay play on commercial radio or some sh*tdnt expect to buy holidays with the royalities unless ur tunes are on high rotation
its a good sign for the future tho, more dotcoms will probly get licensing agreements and pay royalty insted of just making pure billions for themselves

WARNING TO PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW ABOUT COPYRIGHTDO NOT REGISTER WORKS WITH UNCLEARED SAMPLESYOU ARE ASKING TO GET SUED
You done know, bare heads gonna upload their mixtapes with bate samples calling it their own tracks & BLAM.''Dear MC NOTCLUEDUP,I am obliged to inform you that you have been exploiting ourrecording as you have displayed in your video without our permission. You have infringed our rights.'

You done know, bare heads gonna upload their mixtapes with bate samples calling it their own tracks & BLAM.''Dear MC NOTCLUEDUP,I am obliged to inform you that you have been exploiting ourrecording as you have displayed in your video without our permission. You have infringed our rights.'
lool

how much do ur lawyers cost?i was feelin to hit a few couple months back but was not lookin forward to the fees
If you haven't got the p, musicians union is the one still.They only charge me when I use them, look over contracts etc. Advice, consultantion, questions/queries etc is free.