Football Supporters are all the same

q-man1981

After reading a few posts on this forum iv noticed that fans of football teams all talk the same sh*t. Its amazing. There seems to be a lack of individuals. To be honest it doesn't just extend to this forum, but i just noticed it here as well. First up you've got your Man U fans who have all of a sudden got back their sense of pride after winning the Prem last season. It's funny for the previous 3 seasons all those millions of Red's fans lost their swagger, but now they're gunning off their mouths bout their new signings, which so far have actually been detrimental to their defence of their title. Think before running your gums, we know Tevez (too similar to Rooney?) is big and all saw the Youtube clips of Nani and Anderson, but that doesnt mean they'll be instant successes in England (ask Veron, Reyes, Rebrov and Shevchenko). Also you are glory hunters. Yes, I know its an old argument, but im sick and tired of some "true" Red trying to gun me and my team, when you started supporting United purely cos of their trophy haul in the 90's, allowing them to fit in wit the playground talk at school. Show me a United fan pre '93, and ur showing me a liar. And they all got the same tired excuse "my uncle this, I lived there for 2 months that". Please.Chelsea fans. For the most part there aint much to say. Most Chelsea fans are in their 30's and 40's so I got no beef, let them have their time. They were supporters in the bleak days (mid 80's old division 2!) and strangely enough you tend to get a decent level of conversation from them. The new breed of fans however. Its just a rehash of all those d*ckhead United fans from when I was back in secondary school. No connection. No history. Wont even get started on Abramovic. Spurs fans. Ahh, my dear beloved Spurs fans. Straight off the bat, I support Spurs, but it has to be said that we are dreamers. We were a massive club, but being honest, we've been significantly surpassed in the last 10-15 years. Every year I cringe when Spurs fans talk up our chances. Don't get me wrong get behind your team, but we set ourselves up for nuff abuse if it doesn't go to plan (the case now). Realistically we cant argue with the "big 3" (plus Arsenal), their trophy cabinets underline this, so please don't go looking for arguments, no doubt, back your team, but don't get carried away. It's just f*ckin embarrassing. Saying stuff like "we WILL" finish above Arsenal is stupid, no doubt we are good enuff to challenge them, but being so adamant bout it? Suicide. Your just giving those idiots from up the road the ammo to, ahem "gun" you down.Just a few words for Liverpool fans. Torres is a nice player, but he's not the final piece in the jigsaw. Needs to consistantly score 20+ a season, which he's surprisingly never done before, and put away the EASY chances. Even then you need a left winger. Benayoun is tidy, but not a traditional winger, and Riise has a great left foot, but doesn't beat players. I understand that to get Torres you had to let Garcia go, but he was quality. In saying that Babel is MORE than capable. Big player. Without Stevie G n Carra Liverpool are 4th at best, and all the trophies in the last 10 years wouldn't b there. Sorry to kill your thoughts, cos i like Liverpool fans, in some ways they r similar to us Spurs fans.Aha now to my favourite brand of football fan. Gooners. Where to begin? For the most part they know very little about football outside of Arsenal Football Club, oh maybe Real Madrid, Barca and the Brazil national side. Example? When Reyes signed, every Arsenal fan was attempting to hype him before a ball was kicked. No doubt he was talented, but none of them had seen him play. This belief that everything Arsenal is brilliant is hilarious. The belief that you are automatically going to develop into title contenders is laughable (yes your team are talented, but that doesn't mean you ignore their negatives, of which there are many). Thierry goes and half of the Arsenal boys talk him down. How? You seem to want a medal for playing the silkiest football, but winning in its most basic form is about scoring more times than the opposition. Also they seem to have a problem with Spurs fans having opinions. If i say "i doubt van Persie will score 25+ during a season" that's not me saying Arsenal are crap, or Spurs are going to win the league its me saying IMO i dont think he will, so dont get all defensive and abusive. For all those Arsenal boys who go on about not worrying bout Spurs, and the NL derby not meaning anything, all I have to say is "this aint the unbeaten season no more", u aint the top team in the land. Right now its safe to say (maybe barring Liverpool) we are the closest team to you. I went to both league games last season and you arsenal boys love it, singing ur little anti Tottenham songs, same way we do about you. Iv seen the relief on Arsenal faces when once again we cant capitalise on a strong first half and you come storming back in the 2nd half. Dont go on like you dont care, cos you do. I was at the Emirates for the preseason tourney and the amount of songs you were singing about us (when we weren't even there) was ridiculous! AND if you honestly believe Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea fear you in the same way they fear each other ur even bigger idiots than even i imagined. Over 38 games they know you haven't got wat it takes. Not being harsh, just truthful. Just to underline wat kinda fans we r dealin wit here people, when I went to the Arsenal - PSG game at the Emirates earlier this year, the Arsenal fans were singing "f*ck off back up the Channel tunnel", and singing anti-France songs.......d*ckheads, you've built ur success off the backs of these very same ppl. Henry, Pires, Vieira and WENGER anyone?I know noone'll reply to this cos it is admittedly LOOOOOOONG! But I dont care, it's good to vent sometimes. PEACE.

Interesting read, I was one of the people who took time out to read this and it took me a few minutes.I'll just go straight to the Arsenal part. We care for the north London derby, it's by far one of our most important games of the season, no one wants to get beat by your neighbours. It gives you the pleasure to have the bragging rights. Last couple of home games I've been to the only anti Spurs chant I heard was "Stand up if you hate Tottenham" think that was just once, it's good to have the banter/chants at games aslong as it's against them creates a real good feeling. The chants at PSG I got no clue about I wasn't there but I guess it depends where you was sitting, your the first person I've heard say that, my friend she never heard any of it.I was one of the fans that had seen Reyes play for Sevilla, the magical runs from either wing cutting inside ripping defences apart and I was over the moon we got him until the Neville sisters gave him kicks from here to yaya (couldn't take being shown up in their back yard).Robin won't get 25+ league goals, no one will. He could get 25+ in ALL comps, it's just him staying clear of injuries and taking chances. Henry's gone that's it we can't do anything more about it. Last season he just didn't have his heart in it and we never saw the same Thierry, which was a shame to see. Should never have bee made captain, one of the worst Arsenal captains ever? and no I am not calling him a bad player. Again I'm one of the fans that knows alot outside of my club.That's just my bit, once again good read!

Sunday morning or not...that was a good read. Hold tight the lazy ones who choose to avoid the truth rather than hear/read it coz it burns. Alot of those points you made are the very same reasons why I hardly post in this room. Theres just no point, too many people love to gass up the place without valid reason.

Very good read but very hypocritical.one example of many ......Im not taking the bait but you tried some very silly comments to try and boy arsenal on the sly.""big 3" (plus Arsenal)"arsenal aint finished outside the top four since wenger has been in charge which is 10 years now. Also liverpool only finished ahead of us on goal difference last season. so by calling them the big 3 plus arsenal dont really run.anywayz good read still

Very good read but very hypocritical.one example of many ......Im not taking the bait but you tried some very silly comments to try and boy arsenal on the sly.""big 3" (plus Arsenal)"arsenal aint finished outside the top four since wenger has been in charge which is 10 years now. Also liverpool only finished ahead of us on goal difference last season. so by calling them the big 3 plus arsenal dont really run.anywayz good read still
Thanx for taking the time to read the post, for those who didn't, dont bitch about it, jus move on. As for trying to boy Arsenal on the sly? wat sly? I told it how it was. Admittedly the big three plus Arsenal comment was a dig, but then in the pre-season Liverpool have strengthened, and I believe Arsenal will finish 4th again. But its all jus a difference of opinion. Safe 4 reading it.

Good read but you did try to send with a couple points that made you come across as a bitter spurs thats still pissed about stuff like this... goal_wideweb__430x331,1.jpgAnyway about our new signings me and most united fans don't expect that much from Nani and Anderson this season. Just want them to settle in and eventually replace Scholes and Giggs maybe next season or the one after. Expectations are higher for Tevez and Hargreaves but they'll live up to that soon. Never lost my swagger as a man u fan. Was pissed that we didn't the title for a couple of seasons but I knew we wouldn't go on a run of like 40+ years without winning the title again.And you said it yourself, the glory hunter ting is an old argument so I'm not really gonna respond to that.Anyway welcome to the sports room. At least you ain't another arsene wenger fan.

Guest Its Me Bitches
Aha now to my favourite brand of football fan. Gooners. Where to begin? For the most part they know very little about football outside of Arsenal Football Club, oh maybe Real Madrid, Barca and the Brazil national side. Example? When Reyes signed, every Arsenal fan was attempting to hype him before a ball was kicked. No doubt he was talented, but none of them had seen him play. This belief that everything Arsenal is brilliant is hilarious. The belief that you are automatically going to develop into title contenders is laughable (yes your team are talented, but that doesn't mean you ignore their negatives, of which there are many)
Only thing i agree with

Interesting read, I was one of the people who took time out to read this and it took me a few minutes.I'll just go straight to the Arsenal part. We care for the north London derby, it's by far one of our most important games of the season, no one wants to get beat by your neighbours. It gives you the pleasure to have the bragging rights. Last couple of home games I've been to the only anti Spurs chant I heard was "Stand up if you hate Tottenham" think that was just once, it's good to have the banter/chants at games aslong as it's against them creates a real good feeling. The chants at PSG I got no clue about I wasn't there but I guess it depends where you was sitting, your the first person I've heard say that, my friend she never heard any of it.I was one of the fans that had seen Reyes play for Sevilla, the magical runs from either wing cutting inside ripping defences apart and I was over the moon we got him until the Neville sisters gave him kicks from here to yaya (couldn't take being shown up in their back yard).Robin won't get 25+ league goals, no one will. He could get 25+ in ALL comps, it's just him staying clear of injuries and taking chances. Henry's gone that's it we can't do anything more about it. Last season he just didn't have his heart in it and we never saw the same Thierry, which was a shame to see. Should never have bee made captain, one of the worst Arsenal captains ever? and no I am not calling him a bad player. Again I'm one of the fans that knows alot outside of my club.That's just my bit, once again good read!
Frustrating thing is Henry had 1 bad season outta 8, and that was only cos of injury. So i find it difficult to hear to much bad said about him. About being captain, true, not the most obvious candidate. First time Reyes stood out as a massive talent to me is when Sevilla beat Madrid 4-1, he tore them to pieces that night. Regarding anti French taunts, i kid u not. I was sat bout 10 rows behind PSG fans (they were integrated within the home fans) and was in the middle of where the chant started.

The thing about Spurs fans, is that we, well in my lifetime have gone through periods of utter shite. I was just a 6 year old kid when Gary lifted the FA Cup and Gazza destroyed arsenal with the greatest free kick ever scored at Wembley, so memories of "the good times" are very vague.To keep my sanity, and others, we need to constently try and be optimistic, hence every season "this is a new dawn" talk, to have arsenal fans gloat in your face on a daily basis does wear very thin, so you need to learn to give as good as you get, and if that makes you seem like a "deluded" fan, well so be it.And no bias, i would love for the majority of Chelsea and Arsenal fans to stick up with what we have over the years, your loyalty being tested to the ultimate limits. Because i sincerely believe that 90% of them wouldnt be able to and just get out their Liverpool or Man Utd shirts out. Mainly this new age breed of Chelsea fans who probably couldnt name their manager before Ranieri.And you forgot bout the West Ham fans. After Burnley, Stoke and Millwall, they are scum of the earth. All of em.

Good read but you did try to send with a couple points that made you come across as a bitter spurs thats still pissed about stuff like this... goal_wideweb__430x331,1.jpgAnyway about our new signings me and most united fans don't expect that much from Nani and Anderson this season. Just want them to settle in and eventually replace Scholes and Giggs maybe next season or the one after. Expectations are higher for Tevez and Hargreaves but they'll live up to that soon. Never lost my swagger as a man u fan. Was pissed that we didn't the title for a couple of seasons but I knew we wouldn't go on a run of like 40+ years without winning the title again.And you said it yourself, the glory hunter ting is an old argument so I'm not really gonna respond to that.Anyway welcome to the sports room. At least you ain't another arsene wenger fan.
Bruv im a lot more thick skinned than that. Showing Pedro Mendes "goal" at OT? IM A SPURS FAN. A lot worse has happened to us. The lasagne travesty at Upton Park for example. If im being honest, even tho it was a goal, we defended for 89 minutes that match and it woulda been robbery to have won. U say u neva lost ur swagger, that might just be ur pride talking there cos players like Djemba-Djemba, Cleberson, Fletcher, Richardson, Miller to a lesser extent Silvestre woulda knocked me down a peg or two whilst other clubs were winning trophies. Fair play to United last season, they were brilliant last year.

Good read. Note the fans that saying we were going to finish above Arsenal was during the summer when everyone thought we were going to buy a creative midfielder and a left winger, which we never did. Don't see why we couldn't.You just need to get used to the chatting sh*t from users, sometimes people don't even want to do it, but you need to fight fire with fire.

Show me a United fan pre '93, and ur showing me a liar. And they all got the same tired excuse "my uncle this, I lived there for 2 months that". Please.Chelsea fans. For the most part there aint much to say. Most Chelsea fans are in their 30's and 40's so I got no beef, let them have their time. They were supporters in the bleak days (mid 80's old division 2!) and strangely enough you tend to get a decent level of conversation from them. The new breed of fans however. Its just a rehash of all those d*ckhead United fans from when I was back in secondary school. No connection. No history. Wont even get started on Abramovic. AND if you honestly believe Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea fear you in the same way they fear each other ur even bigger idiots than even i imagined. Over 38 games they know you haven't got wat it takes. Not being harsh, just truthful.
i was gonna hit the back button once i read this, but i said let me carry on any how.not true, the older generation are far worse if anything. they tend to know nothing about football but try and front that they have a fountain of knowledge.haha, was that for you, yehoh and are you that individual then or do you fit into the "typical spurs fan" mould

i was gonna hit the back button once i read this, but i said let me carry on any how.not true, the older generation are far worse if anything. they tend to know nothing about football but try and front that they have a fountain of knowledge.haha, was that for you, yehoh and are you that individual then or do you fit into the "typical spurs fan" mould
Me? Im a realist. I like to think im an individual, but at times I find myself showing Spurs biased, so i drag myself back. Just outta interest when did u start supporting united?

I am a Chelsea fan , It was not my decision to be a Chelsea fan. My whole family is Chelsea, and Stamford Bridge is down the road.So...I am not a glory hunter.
You know you are suspect.When on a forum you have to try and prove to other posters that you arnt a typical Chelsea fan ie. plastic/glory hunter.

Guest Its Me Bitches

most glory hunters are arsenal fansthey use the excuse that they are from london thinking it will go un-noticedHoldtight the man u fans who can remember Jim leighton and Les Seeley