Buying Electronics From America

Brukfoot

OK with this extra nice exchange rate we got going I was ready to start upgrading my studio and PC by buying from abroad.But yesterday I was told electronics weren't that simple, a friend told me that after he ordered brand new DJ decks from the US, he had to pay import tax, then as soon as he plugged them in and started using them, he blew a fuse (or something like that). Now I'm baffed at what would be the reason for that would be because the voltage seems the same, or that might be the wattage, personally I have no clue about electrical things.So can anyone tell me things I should be aware of, should consider, should look out for when ordering electronics from USA?

most websites wont even ship to europe, cos of EU laws. then their voltage is 110v ours is 240. plug it in and *inserts rolly lmfao*so u gonna need a step down transformer. some music related electronics now though have dual wattage, which means it will work here. youll need to check the wattage of what ur biying if it has 110-240v on it then ur cool. shipping over here is the problem