Pro Evo 2008 Thread

Apocalyptica

The gameplay is abysmal. They've gone back to the structure that PES3 had. The players movement is so unrealistic, it's way too easy to score, stringing passes together looks awkward because the ball physics seem too fast and arcade like. Sorry to say it, but comparing this to the FIFA demo I played, FIFA wins on realistic gameplay even though it's sh*t. What the f*ck have Konami been doing for the past 12 months, this reminds me of Ronaldo V-Football on the PSone.PES6 gameplay wasn't perfect but it was much better in terms of realism, I may be returning this for a copy of FIFA 08 and then just play PES6 along with it until PES2009 comes out. I can't believe how bland the gameplay is, felt like I was playing any downloaded Sony Ericsson football game.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PES6 was by far the best of the series apart from havin annoyin things about it, Hopefully i can say the same about this in a months time. After jumping up to get it and pop it in the PS3 i played one game and turned it off right now. The whole day is pissed me off, even PES Websites aint loading cuz the servers are too busy.

No.This ones gameplay is better.Its cos you aint got the hang of it yetBall physics are SICKPES6 was the worse.. You can just wing past players and score easy headers and the ball physics was the shittest ive ever seen.. Them curling placement shots to the bottom corner put the icing on the burnt cake.Come back in a weeks time after playing pro 8 on a regs and do the same topic.

I'm seriously gobsmacked at how swag this game is. Took it online after I made my post here. How can I tackle Henry with Carragher and be running back up the pitch to launch a counter attack. All of a sudden the ball travels 200MPH back to Henry's feet and he taps it in. Okay, fair play the game just got released and servers aren't stable yet but that sh*t should of been sorted from when the game went gold.Pro 6 was definately the best gameplay wise. You can't even send players on runs properly in 2008 because when you're about to pass to them they have a mind of their own and just run somewhere else. Barcelona are absolutely unstoppable and I'm appalled to not see any features where I can limit the class of teams chosen. They've also made this game fool-proof meaning that anyone who has fast players in their team can just place them on the wing, use them to run down the wing and cut in and score a easy goal all day.And to round it off, Arsenal's statistics are utterly sh*t. CEX are giving £36 exchange and £33 cash for it. That's me.