European Super League

MrJibbles

So I was listening to a podcast from yesterdays 606 phone in and some Manchester United - Champions of the world. fan called in bitching and moaning about the Premiership how it's easy and doesn't want to see Man Utd play the likes of Derby, West Ham, Spurs etc because they have no ambition. Also said the Manchester derby means nothing these days (strange but true to him).Now he's idea was that the G14 break away and create their own league.I'm not a fan of that idea, it would kill domestic football, I love it against the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs where the real banter comes into play. It's all well and good the G14 creating a league but it wouldn't be as enjoyable going to Madrid or Milan week in week out like a Champions League night. The support would die out because fans can't keep paying £300+ for a match somewhere in Europe. Them same clubs wouldn't be allowed in domestic cups which is also a blow, winning the FA Cup is still great bt not what it once was thanks to Manchester United - Champions of the world. ducking out of it to play (catch a tan) the World Club Championship.So what do people think of this European Super League idea?

Ye i was listening to that show that Man U fan was a d*ckhead.Most people rang in and said he was chatting utter rubbish.Super league is a dumb idea would never work and is very unfair on other teams. Football would die out.Plus on there day most teams in the league can beat eachother.(I would say all but Derby are complete utter wank).What i found more interesting was when a caller rang in and said maybe top teams should get a point reduction depending on how many points they finished last season with and how much money they spent in the transfer window.He used the example of Leeds who are one point outside the playoffs but if they didnt have a point reduction then they would be like 10 plus points clear at the top.Doubt it would work but was interesting and it would certainly make the league more interesting.

So I was listening to a podcast from yesterdays 606 phone in and some Manchester United - Champions of the world. fan called in bitching and moaning about the Premiership how it's easy and doesn't want to see Man Utd play the likes of Derby, West Ham, Spurs etc because they have no ambition. Also said the Manchester derby means nothing these days (strange but true to him).Now he's idea was that the G14 break away and create their own league.I'm not a fan of that idea, it would kill domestic football, I love it against the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs where the real banter comes into play. It's all well and good the G14 creating a league but it wouldn't be as enjoyable going to Madrid or Milan week in week out like a Champions League night. The support would die out because fans can't keep paying £300+ for a match somewhere in Europe. Them same clubs wouldn't be allowed in domestic cups which is also a blow, winning the FA Cup is still great bt not what it once was thanks to Manchester United - Champions of the world. ducking out of it to play (catch a tan) the World Club Championship.So what do people think of this European Super League idea?
you say that like arsenal arent in the same boat as us

This will never happen.What should happen is the Championship should drop four teams.They have too many games, and alot of the SWAG sides who get promoted are the ones who are 'tough to break down' with some hard workers upfront.Like Watford - Marlon King, Derby - Steve Howard, Palace - Johnson, Norwich - Huckerby and Birmingham - Jerome.I think if you dropped 8 games from the season then you wouldnt have to play midweek as much and it would result in alot of teams playing football more.

A euro league would not be that bad of an idea. Change the champions league to that and only allow the top 2 teams from England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany etc. and have matches every 2 weeks to the end of the domestic season and see who finishes top. Same format as leagues with 3 points for winners, 1 point for a draw.

They have too many games, and alot of the SWAG sides who get promoted are the ones who are 'tough to break down' with some hard workers upfront.Like Watford - Marlon King, Derby - Steve Howard, Palace - Johnson, Norwich - Huckerby and Birmingham - Jerome.
lolsly sending for Toney....
lol, not even

• 13 years later...

Happening right now...2022

Can not wait for this will finally reignite my interest in football fully again.

UEFA and SKY have just been put in a spliff the shuffling they are doing to try convince fans(successfully too) that the clubs are being greedy and its not about them losing Ps is fucking jokes.

On 11/16/2007 at 12:34 PM, Turkish said:

A euro league would not be that bad of an idea. Change the champions league to that and only allow the top 2 teams from England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany etc. and have matches every 2 weeks to the end of the domestic season and see who finishes top. Same format as leagues with 3 points for winners, 1 point for a draw.

You've changed your tune!

Tell Lee Gunner that he loves Stan Kreonke!