Quick show of hands

Frost

How many of you were signed up/released from professional clubs as youngers.How long where you with the club for.Why did u get releaseddid you move to a next club(not expecting there to be alot of people on here but just wondering)I was at notts county for two years at about 15 got released, thought it was end of the world, lowed football for abit, started playing shitty sunday league and now i see couple of my close mates and "mates" going thru who were nowhere near my level.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
How many of you were signed up/released from professional clubs as youngers.How long where you with the club for.Why did u get releaseddid you move to a next club(not expecting there to be alot of people on here but just wondering)I was at notts county for two years at about 15 got released, thought it was end of the world, lowed football for abit, started playing shitty sunday league and now i see couple of my close mates and "mates" going thru who were nowhere near my level.
Whats your age group? County always had talented youth teams and weren't as 'restrictive' in there scouting. Forest let bare heads pass through the net. Furthest i got was 3 game trial with Notts County.

I could've been sick but for my knees, Chelsea were suppose to be interested but i turned them down and was going to sign for a lower half premiership club which i wont name for legal reasons. I still have sleepness nights, but hey life goes on, for some of use anyway.**wipes tears from eyes**

I could've been sick but for my knees, Chelsea were suppose to be interested but i turned them down and was going to sign for a lower half premiership club which i wont name for legal reasons. I still have sleepness nights, but hey life goes on, for some of use anyway.**wipes tears from eyes**
ahhh the old bad knee chestnut ay?

None myself. Best was called up to older age group biggrin.gif Alot of my friends got far at a young age but never made it.One friend that used to be a Chelsea youth regualar (Huge kid that was fast and stepover's better than Ronaldo) got put on the bench a couple of times, got pissed off about it and started bunning. They let him go for fitness/commitment reasons and he went Watford (f*cked that up aswell). Guy's an idiot.Another two mates got scouted for the team I used to play for and went QPR, got released coupla years later and ended up at Wycombe. One of them got England youth trails, went far but didn't get in. Both packed it in now.Know BAREEE people that went Brentford/Watford.No-one I know made it. There's a boy round my area I've met who used to play for England youth, dunno if he still does (Girlfriend was on me boop).

None myself. Best was called up to older age group biggrin.gif Alot of my friends got far at a young age but never made it.One friend that used to be a Chelsea youth regualar (Huge kid that was fast and stepover's better than Ronaldo) got put on the bench a couple of times, got pissed off about it and started bunning. They let him go for fitness/commitment reasons and he went Watford (f*cked that up aswell). Guy's an idiot.Another two mates got scouted for the team I used to play for and went QPR, got released coupla years later and ended up at Wycombe. One of them got England youth trails, went far but didn't get in. Both packed it in now.Know BAREEE people that went Brentford/Watford.No-one I know made it. There's a boy round my area I've met who used to play for England youth, dunno if he still does (Girlfriend was on me boop).
I know a few heads like that. Could easily turn pro and probably still could but would rather do road.

Whats your age group? County always had talented youth teams and weren't as 'restrictive' in there scouting. Forest let bare heads pass through the net. Furthest i got was 3 game trial with Notts County.
I was there around under 14's to under 16. im 20 now (21 end of jan) I was there when sam allydace (spelling) just took over. When was you there?Yeah forest's set up as u said is leaky.Leon best was in my age group, was a ball greedy f*cker lol He somestimes played for the older age group. Will hoskins was in the older group.

i know someone who was at arsenal few years ago dunno were they are nowhad a brejin at fulham in high school lost contact but dont think he made the gradeand someone who had chelea trials but was just to lazy to bother trying and now hes just sort of average whenever we link up and play ball

i got offered trials with forest on the same day i was burying my nan. Nuff players i played with got signed to forest, county and derby but all been released.one lad i played with who was sh*t. He couldnt pass, tackle, head or dribble but ended up playing for england under-16's up until under18's.

From League 2 even upto some clubs in the Premiership like Derby/Fulham etc... for 70% of the players there is an illusion that they are at a "Professional" standard.I can tell you right now that there is man in the lower leagues and certain man sitting on their ass at home who could EASILY play at Championship level and possibly be at clubs like Derby/Fulham in the Prem.The whole cliche of "you wernt good enough to be a pro" is nearly complete bollocks unless you are talking about teams like Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc...Theres man I played with, man who were in my class at school who play pro now and they wernt that good, my girls cousin is a pro and he is sh*t if im honest.Theres man picking up £15k a week (I wont mention names) who shouldnt be no higher than the Blue Square Premier, no jokes.The best player I ever played with, better than any of them other guys above who play pro now, aint playing no pro ball.Thats why im gona be a coach still cos I feel the whole system is a joke.

the only one out of alot of my m8's and myself who actually made it is Michale Kightly who's currently smackin it at wolves.. was at spurs at skool they dropped him, then went southend they dropped him, went grays then wolves from there.. even managed a england u-21 cap. remember in skool the p.e teacher saying he would never make it cos he's to small. lol