Apple >>>>>>>>>>>>

Dopa

lol@mentioning upgrades when Macs don't need them.
hmm so you're saying that if i go buy a mac now, in 2009 its still gonna be current with technology out at the time?
Leave Logan alone. He's any fan boy.. Coz I wonder if he can get a G3 running that new Leopard.
As soon as you show me a Pentium 2 that can run Vista.
U didnt read my above post did you.. Read it please...Coz I broke dwn Apple's business plan nicely.Microsoft don't make the hardware sonny jim.. Unlike Apple.. So you're above statements are all NULL.

Yes macs are nice looking.Yes they may be great for media production.Yes they can run windows as well so all software needs/requirements are met.Yes I will probably get one (or atleast consider one) in august/september.But...Yes apple controls every aspect of hardware, customising and upgrading is difficult with what is on offer.Yes they are HEAVILY overpriced. (The mac equivalent to any PC would cost ATLEAST 1.5 times the price).

hmm so you're saying that if i go buy a mac now, in 2009 its still gonna be current with technology out at the time?
Leave Logan alone. He's any fan boy.. Coz I wonder if he can get a G3 running that new Leopard.
As soon as you show me a Pentium 2 that can run Vista.
U didnt read my above post did you.. Read it please...Coz I broke dwn Apple's business plan nicely.Microsoft don't make the hardware sonny jim.. Unlike Apple.. So you're above statements are all NULL.
Shut the f*ck up. I don't care about business plans and marketing and Microsoft. I never even mentioned Microsoft and hardware.Find me a Pentium 2 or even Pentium 3 that will run Vista without going into meltdown. Or suck urself. Safe.Windows XP runs faster on a Mac than it does on all but the most obscenely expensive PCs.

Shut the f*ck up. I don't care about business plans and marketing and Microsoft. I never even mentioned Microsoft and hardware.Find me a Pentium 2 or even Pentium 3 that will run Vista without going into meltdown. Or suck urself. Safe.Windows XP runs faster on a Mac than it does on all but the most obscenely expensive PCs.
What is up with people not reading their sh*t carefully. You said you never mentioned Microsoft and yet who makes VISTA.. Yes you didnt say they make hardware.. But thats exactly my point. NOW TRY reading this.. You argument was
Now considering Mr Steve Jobs makes his own hardware + software then why does one need to UPGRADE it in order to use any new software made by him again? Which contradicts your argument before I even carry on. Why cant he just make his OS to support all hardware made by his company regardless of age I wonder?SO RUDEBOY.. SUCK UR DEAD NAN'S PUM PUM TROUGH A STRAW WHILST GETTIN DOGGIED BY YA DAD...N e ways, I've said all I can be bothered to say on the subject. Address me by PM if you want. This topic has madly gone offtopic. But hey what topic on ViP2 doesnt.

PCs run Windows. Macs run Apple's OS. Old PCs can't run Vista. Old Macs can't run 10.5. What's your f*cking point, because I don't care about why this is. Off the shelf Macs do everything better than off the shelf PCs.Unless you want to sit in your yard with the soldering iron like Durrrty, then MAcs >>> PCs for anything you could ever imagine you would need to do with a computer.

PCs run Windows. Macs run Apple's OS. Old PCs can't run Vista. Old Macs can't run 10.5. What's your f*cking point, because I don't care about why this is. Off the shelf Macs do everything better than off the shelf PCs.Unless you want to sit in your yard with the soldering iron like Durrrty, then MAcs >>> PCs for anything you could ever imagine you would need to do with a computer.
lol durtty dont 'ave it, hes calling you bob the solder.the never ending mac/PC debate, i think people who use macs think they are in some exclusive club biggrin.gif some people say the fact that apple control all their components allows better quality checks and standards and less conflictsothers say it stifles devt, as one company cant have all the answers, the pc is way more bespoke for every type of userdunno, but ive also seen a very good seminar on this and PCs right now are not very far behind macs, if anything, Microsoft is the one letting pcs downin terms of OS and in that seminar, the devts coming for pcs will piss over macs for the mere fact that there are so many top and upcoming companies developing components for the pc, but for apple its all clever marketing still.

LMAO at how this played outRemoval Man got humbledAl Simmons chatting his nonsenseReally and truely, it don't matter.
i didn't get humbled. if u read my all post you will see i've stayed humble throughout, i just had to deal with a number of hecklersSwiftie merely pointed out Mac was a product, not a format, we all know this, that is another credit to Mac IMOabout humbled, just cos u can;t add anything to this argument u unimaginative c*nt

What is up with people not reading their sh*t carefully. You said you never mentioned Microsoft and yet who makes VISTA.. Yes you didnt say they make hardware.. But thats exactly my point. NOW TRY reading this.. You argument was
Now considering Mr Steve Jobs makes his own hardware + software then why does one need to UPGRADE it in order to use any new software made by him again? Which contradicts your argument before I even carry on. Why cant he just make his OS to support all hardware made by his company regardless of age I wonder?SO RUDEBOY.. SUCK UR DEAD NAN'S PUM PUM TROUGH A STRAW WHILST GETTIN DOGGIED BY YA DAD...N e ways, I've said all I can be bothered to say on the subject. Address me by PM if you want. This topic has madly gone offtopic. But hey what topic on ViP2 doesnt.
lol@editing your post at 6am in the morning so I didn't see the capitals. Brave like a doormouse.

• 7 years later...

Biggest quarterly  profit from from a public  company in history

King Midas, you may remember, had a problem with gold. Everything he touched turned to the yellow stuff.

Fine for a while, but not when he realised "everything" meant just that - everything.

He might have had some sympathy with Apple's problem of simply having too much money.

And the biggest quarterly profit in history, $18bn, is actually adding to Apple's biggest headache - an excess of cash.

In short the company is making money far faster than it can spend it.

Its cash pile now stands at close to $142bn (£93.5bn).The problem is how to generate a return with that money for shareholders.It has enough, in theory, to buy 480 or so of the companies in the S&P 500.

Or Lithuania, three times over.

But simply buying up companies is a complex and intricate business and suitable take-over targets are few and far between.

Its latest, the subscription music service Beats, cost just $3bn - and that was its largest purchase ever.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31016446

MWAD!

Apple sheeps gon' sheep.

That dre money comes like a drop in the ocean.

You think they will fall off like the likes of nokia in the mobile sector? Cant see it. They got this sector on lockdown

yeah they do make the best products, thing is there's still room for improvement

There competitors stay more innovative but they jsut run with their ideas. calm.

The fact that majority of non tech savy people would call a tablet an Ipad by default..

Genius

its not really essential in any industry other than iOS/OSX development

they do make the best products though, please feel free to challenge the statement with examples (I don't rate iPhone 6 but I still think the generalisation is still quite defendable)