Apple >>>>>>>>>>>>

Dopa

Windows is never competing with Android. 

Android has something like 80% of the mobile OS market share. Windows is in single figures. 

/

Apple build quality is mad solid. 

My Dell laptop was falling to bits after 4 years and that was after replacing the battery, charger x 2, soldering a new charging port etc

Same operating system across all devices is a big deal.

I'm especailly liking the xbox integration.

Hopefully it proves a hit for microsoft.

Its really not, that's actually what they have at the moment, just they're using marketing to try and make people think sh*t has changed. The only thing that will change is the desktop is coming back as default and they're sticking metro mode into the start menu.

Macbook pro>>>>

Got an early 2011 one it's lasted longer than any other laptop i've had and i've dropped it and all sorts.

I replaced the battery just yesterday it lasted over 1000 charge cycles

still using my 2007 black macbook for serato and occasional web browsing, only replaced the fan and put in a SSD. Works fine. Battery is shegged tho, probably get 30-40 mins out of it, could do with replacing.

Do it yourself rather than take it into apple. That's what I done works out much cheaper and is pretty simple

Macbook pro>>>>

Got an early 2011 one it's lasted longer than any other laptop i've had and i've dropped it and all sorts.

I replaced the battery just yesterday it lasted over 1000 charge cycles

I can never go back to a laptop now. My desktop hasn't been turned on in 6 months.

Although I have the space, I need to stop using my Mac for everything though...

• Upvote 2

Windows 8 was a big mistake by microsoft they tried to introduce the tabs & tile shell too early.  Windows 8 is suited to tablets. 

It should have gone windows 7 , windows 10/8.1 THEN the 8  desgin or better yet scrap 8 and build from 10 and let people enable metro/tile interface on 11.

the tile thing just messed things up for them, specially when you buying a non touch screen laptop with windows 8 it just didn't make sense. then when the put out there first tablet, it wasnt even windows 8 it was windows RT which is another dumb move..

all devices can run windows 10 that gonna be so sick..plus u get a automatic upgrade is u have a windows 8 device already.

lol automatic , they want windows 8 gone lol

They did the same with Windows 7. Public didnt want to upgrade to 8 years later and people still wanted to buy 7 so they removed the option lol.

I couldnt even buy Windows 7 from the internal company store.

Android has something like 80% of the mobile OS market share. Windows is in single figures. 

when your seeing some guy play the full version of football manager on the train with his windows device...little things like that make you end up with a windows device.

probably be able to get a cheap tablet with windows 10 on it, and just use the android emulator. i say give it 3 or 4 years.

when your seeing some guy play the full version of football manager on the train with his windows device...little things like that make you end up with a windows device.

probably be able to get a cheap tablet with windows 10 on it, and just use the android emulator. i say give it 3 or 4 years.

Swear FM is OSX compatible.

/

Had a Macbook for 6 years and had ZERO problems with it in all that time....ZERO

never had to restart it (apart from battery dying) never had to do anything

finally packed in when I spilt green tea on the keyboard. Wonderful piece of kit

Had my rMBP for about 6 months now. Best investment i've made in a minute. 

The only thing that pissed me off from day 1 was that osx HATES chrome. Was the first thing i installed on it and started hearing the turbines in the lappy after 4 mins of youtube. Looked around and saw that its a general thing. Then moved to Safari which syncs with the Iphone/Pad so win/win

Gonna see how long it lasts.

FM being osx compatible isn't the point,you can't play it on a apple tablet at all , not even FM some of these windows tablets you can play shit like cod and battlefield online on them

In fact apple do not have a item in that market at all as in a performance tablet

Apple is super sheg if you want games though waste of time

FM being osx compatible isn't the point,you can't play it on a apple tablet at all , not even FM some of these windows tablets you can play sh*t like cod and battlefield online on them

In fact apple do not have a item in that market at all as in a performance tablet

Nah game support is much better now

80% of games on steam are Mac compatible 

FM being osx compatible isn't the point,you can't play it on a apple tablet at all , not even FM some of these windows tablets you can play sh*t like cod and battlefield online on them

Nah game support is much better now

80% of games on steam are Mac compatible

Better is still sheg though, not even all games are on steam either

• 4 weeks later...

Apple’s ‘Project Titan’ could reshape the auto world

By Jonathon M. Trugman

February 22, 2015 | 1:15am

Apple’s ‘Project Titan’ could reshape the auto world

Photo: Reuters

Detroit had a good year in 2014, selling 16.5 million autos — up 1 million from 2013. The stock of Ford and GM has revved on the good news, jumping 5.7 and 7.8 percent, respectively, in 2015.

That’s better than the S&P 500, which has risen 2.5 percent.

Motorists responded well, not only to low-interest-rate loans but to all the technology in cars today — everything from touch screens and Wi-Fi hotspots to hybrid technology and back-up cameras.

But in just one week, Detroit’s vibe has gone from hip to has-been.

With reports last week that Apple hopes to bring a car to market in five years, every motorist who remembers the pre-iPhone era of smartphones must be feeling like their new car will go the way of BlackBerry, Nokia and Palm Pilot.

Currently, at a secret location near its Cupertino, Calif., headquarters, Apple is said to be working on a car design — code-named “Project Titan” — at breakneck speed. While auto companies can take as long as seven years to develop a car, Apple is said to be hoping to start shipping its vehicles in five years — as early as 2020.

Elon Musk’s Tesla is currently the No. 1 electric car maker — with vehicles ranging from $70,000 to $100,000 — and Google is working on George Jetson-like driverless cars. But neither is close to cornering the market on mass-affordable electric cars.

My sense is this is where Apple will attack — just as it had with smartphones, laptops and tablets.

Former Ford engineer Steve Zadesky is heading up Titan.

Efforts to fast-track the car project got Apple in a little jam last week when a car-battery maker, A123 Systems, sued it over alleged poaching of its executives.

How badly does Apple CEO Tim Cook want to get this car out of the garage?

Well, Apple has been offering the best and the brightest in the car-battery field $250,000 signing bonuses plus salaries 60 percent higher than what they currently earn, Musk told Bloomberg Businessweek this month.

Take Marc Newson, who just so happens to be close friends with Apple’s design guru, Jony Ive. Newson, hired last September by Apple, is considered one of the more elegant engineers in the world.

The guy has works archived by MoMA — not something you hear about a lot in Detroit.

Zadesky, the boss, besides holding 90-some patents, was the sole signatory on a 2010 business contract with an organization called Liquidmetal. It is known for Moldable Metal — “Nanophosphate metal” — which can be shaped like plastic.

Detroit still welds.

Apple and Liquidmetal have filed 17 patents together — 14 in the past year or so.

It’s this kind of think-way-outside-the-box process that elevates Apple above its peers.

When Carl Icahn said earlier this month that he thought Apple shares — which closed Friday at $129.49 — should be valued at $216, giving it an unheard-of market cap of $1.2 trillion, lots of people laughed.

After researching Apple’s plans for the car, heck, I think Icahn may have been aiming too low.

Get ready, America. The new Motor City is not Detroit. It’s going to be Cupertino.

Could be mad

Can't see them pulling it off tbh

Me either but it really does depend on which area of the market they focus on. 

The electric car industry hasn't properly lifted off imo so they could succeed there as the article suggests.

If they want to stand next to the luxury German and Italian manufacturers they need to allow it