PRODUCER BATTLE

DJ TRICKSY

I know many have been to JUMP OFF if u aint worth checking out well they have a PRODUCER BATTLE down there so we should have a FLASHBACK producer battle. but I neen your input on how the rules will run I say it happens once a week, all styles of music you got to show TALENT & VERSATILITY & thereâââ‰â¢s 1 week to vote on da best.IDEAS IDEAS...............

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're gonna have to run that past me again......There's a producer battle somewhere and u wanna start one on flashback?So bascially you have a week to produce a track and post it on flashback am i right? the best track wins?Yeah? no? maybe?I'm confused biggrin.gif

Easy - Everyone puts up a track - any style and then we have a vote on the site for which tracks every likes the most (cos not everyone on here wil be able to judge how well it's been produced or who has the most talent - it will just be which one everyone likes the most!)RULES:You can't sample anything more than drum kits. So no stealin bass lines or top lines.Well what i mean is no stealing a CHUNK of another track - only sample an instrument if u intend to use it to make a new melody which is DIFFERENT from the original...You CAN use AcapellasWhat u thinking about collaborations? YES or NO?Also i think each week there should be different criteria needed to work towards - e.g one week it would be use an acapella which i would be happy to upload (cos i've got quite a few) for everyone's use and then see what remixes come out of the same acapella.... then another week do something like make a happy summer time track etc.Can't think of anything else......

I like the idea it can run well like that seems like where covering the RULES quite well I like the idea of Acapellas & winner & runner up can do a collaboration say once a month im not sure how we can get our beats on a post so sum1 will have to HELP as thats the side of things thats bugging me out

Yeah one problem for me.......I've recently sold my entire studio so I'm savin to buy meself some new gear!At the moment my studio stands at - My Mackie 1202, a flat screen monitor, a few MIDI and USB cables and some sample CD's......not very easy to make tunes with that is it?I will be joining in when i get my new gear - in the meantime I'll have to get myself round SK's place and use his gear! (Only problem is, he's in Kavos for a while yet)

I might put a couple of tracks I've been workin on prior to sellin up my gear up for this..... Does that break the rules?I think we should start off this competition with:Remix an AcapellaI would put one up for everyone but i can't be ar$ed right now....I might do it later.... if not you'll have to rind your own....I also fink it's a little unfair what with Dave 'All Good' H bein part of this (I'm not sayin don't take part - i just fink you should be handicapped - biggrin.gif ) what with having numerous releases......

If you open a soundclick account you can upload MP3's for free and have a producer profile etc.www.soundclick.com i thinkBut it means that every time u complete a track and u have burnt to audio (Wav file - or however u wanna do) you will have to get MP3 converting software (can download this for free all over the place) and convert your WAV's into MP3s. Then upload to sound click (it gives u instructions on how to do this on their website).....Easy peasyWell, that's wot I would do....Also in terms of styles - Unless otherwise stated i will make garage (9 out of 10 times) unless i feel that garage is not suitable for whatever the rules are that week, so i hope no-one has a problem with this?We could make a garage track one week and then make a rap or R'n'b track another - make a stupid track.... and trust me - ME + SK WILL WIN THE SILLY TRACK COMPETITION HANDS DOWN! No-one knows about this track but it's big - I'm not gonna give too much away yet cos i don't wanna give anyone ideas but we sing the chorus (Thats all im saying about it).... It's a BIG tune! REALLY CATCHY!

This week!Startin with an Acapella remix!Find an acapella and remix it any how u want - beyond recognition if it makes u happy.......I don't fink i'm gonna get time to go back to my old dear's and pick up my usher remix so i guess i'll just post this on behalf of someone else....The drum kit's a little old skool 2 steppy but i like the tune....Remember - this aint my track but i like it....www.soundclick.com/mrrumblethen click on music near the top..... its days gone by....remember it's still no-where near finished yet.... don't take any notice of the other track on there cos it's crap! That was a track i made in college and we had to use overhead mics for the recording which is why it sounds like they're stuck down a well during the chorus.... an we only had about 6 hours to make the whole track from writing lyrics to producing the entire thing and settin up equipment.