BANG BANG QPR GANG

Nidge Weasle

Warnock Sacked

Sky Sports understands Neil Warnock has left his role as manager of Queens Park Rangers.

Speculation over Warnock's future has been growing for the last few days after owner Tony Fernandes revealed on Twitter no job was safe at Loftus Road.

QPR currently sit just one point above the drop zone after failing to win any of their last eight Premier League games and they only avoided an early exit in the FA Cup after a last-minute goal from Heidar Helgusson rescued a 1-1 draw at MK Dons.

Despite spending heavily at the end of the summer transfer window, QPR have struggled on their return to the top flight and have picked up just 17 points from 20 games.

Warnock took charge at Loftus Road in March 2010 and after securing their Championship status he guided the club to promotion in his first full season in charge.

The 63-year-old guided his side to the Championship title and hopes were high QPR would enjoy a successful campagin back in the Premier League.

However, while fellow new boys Norwich and Swansea have flourished Rangers have struggled to make an impact in the first half of the campaign and it appears the club's board have decided to act.

Mark Hughes and Steve Bruce have been mentioned as early contenders to replace Warnock at the helm.

Brucey philios? :lol:

Chairman Tony Fernandes, said: "This decision has been made in the best interests of the Club and I can assure everyone that this is not a decision that was made lightly.

"Sadly, our recent run of poor form has seen us slip alarmingly down the table and the Board felt it was the right time to make a change.

"Neil has acted with honesty, professionalism and integrity throughout his time at the Club, and I would personally like to thank him for his significant contribution to QPR over the last 22 months."

Warnock, who took charge at the club in March 2010 added: "Obviously I'm very disappointed, but having achieved so much, I leave the club with a great sense of pride.

"I have enjoyed my time here more than anywhere else and the QPR fans have been brilliant with me - they deserve success.

"My biggest regret is that the takeover didn't happen earlier, because that would have given me the opportunity to bring in the targets I'd pinpointed all last summer and probably given us a better chance to succeed in the Premier League."

He added: "The board at QPR are hugely ambitious and I wish them every success for the future.

"I've been involved in the game a long time and I will be spending the immediate future with my family and friends before deciding my next career move."

“Robin gets away with murder. Every long ball that comes in, he gets his arms up and fouls the defender. Perhaps I need to teach my players to do that. It must be absolutely within the laws of the game as referees give it, he gets away with it. He must have committed six of seven fouls like that today, but nobody has picked them up

tumblr_lw071okkzA1qhaz39o2_250.gif

Salty guy.

I like his character more time tho, but results were poo and the media wasn;t gonna get on him probably until it was too late.

Just seems like a manager that can't quite deal with the Premier League and even with the resources he was given he would have taken QPR till probably the final day relegation battle

• Upvote 2

disgrace

He worked miracles to get them promoted, outtta their squad last season 5 max could be prem players, he had a massive job in terms of getting rid of them and bringing in prem quality

I hope they get relegated

Owners getting carried away with what MON has done at Sunderland, QPR aint a big club, finishing 17th wudda been great for them.. i hope they go down and Armand & Taarabt leave smh f*ck them now

“Robin gets away with murder. Every long ball that comes in, he gets his arms up and fouls the defender. Perhaps I need to teach my players to do that. It must be absolutely within the laws of the game as referees give it, he gets away with it. He must have committed six of seven fouls like that today, but nobody has picked them up

tumblr_lw071okkzA1qhaz39o2_250.gif

Salty guy.

Top d*ckhead guy.

Can be such a bitch at times, dunno how his wife copes.

• Upvote 2

tbh i really wouldnt care, championship is much more exciting (as long as we went down with some heart)

Unless your Utd, City, Arsenal, Liverpool or the Scum the premier leauge is sh*t and your just a midtable team who's hopes for the season are gettin into the europa leauge and once in a blue moon finishing fourth.

give me the threat of relegation while also being a few wins of the playoffs any day, better days out as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7