Theodore........

Nah Blud I

Im really happy to see Walcott finally hit some form. I've criticized him in the past and rightfully so when you see what he can do this season. Not jumping the gun yet cos hes had purple patches in the past before (usually when he needs a new contract) but he has the raw qualities to do well (pace and an eye for goal) so lets hope this form continues.

On 10/16/2016 at 3:22 PM, Young Bape said:

He has done for a whole season during the 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 seasons where he scored over 20 goals and got double figure assists in both seasons. He found consistency and was in form until he got injured in that F.A cup match against Spurs in 2014 which caused him to miss the World cup and ruled him out of playing for a long time

21 goals and 14 assists in a season from out wide>>>>>>>>>

People have short memories. This is the Theo when injury free and playing a whole season alongside decent players. Him, Özil and Alexis >>> _____________

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
48 minutes ago, Young Bape said:

Man's scored a 100 goals in total in ten years for Arsenal. That is dope for a player who has played wide majority of his career. When he hit's the 18 yard box u just know he will score will never miss. 100 goals and imagine the amount of assists he has in total

hmmm

• Upvote 1

Sanchez scoring 64 goals in 3 seasons is healthy numbers...and he's the one on his way out while Theo held the club ransom with demands about what position he plays, how much he gets paid and that coward Wenger even had him taking set-pieces ahead of Cazorla ffs. He's the Beige 3HUNNA

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Young Bape said:

Man's scored a 100 goals in total in ten years for Arsenal. That is dope for a player who has played wide majority of his career. When he hit's the 18 yard box u just know he will score will never miss. 100 goals and imagine the amount of assists he has in total

March 2016: 76.9% of big chances missed

5 hours ago, Young Bape said:

U don't appreciate English players. Wally hasn't said a word or complained about what position he plays since 2012 after he signed his contract he has still played majority of his matches wide right and hasn't complained. Sanchez is a world class player of course those are healthy numbers u can't compare a world class player to a very good player

1. You're wrong, I rate some English players like Ward-Prowse who I mentioned in the England thread the other day. 

THEO WALCOTT has made an embarrassing U-turn and told boss Arsene Wenger: I don’t want to be a striker any more.

The England star — who had insisted he was the man to play up front — admitted he wants to go back on the wing.

GETTY IMAGES

Theo Walcott wants to go raiding down the flanks for Arsene Wenger

GETTY IMAGES

Theo Walcott has been criticised for below-par performances in pre-season

Walcott’s campaign to play as a striker for Arsenal led to a bumper £140,000-a-week, four-year deal last summer after a run of goals.

But he flopped last season and bore the brunt of fan fury as he lost his starting role for club and country before missing out on Roy Hodgson’s Euro 2016 squad.

Some frustrated Gunners fans argue the one-time England wonderkid has never been a great finisher after a return of just 55 goals in 236 Premier League appearances during ten years at the club.

TIMES NEWSPAPERS LTD

Theo Walcott had a disappointing campaign for the Gunners last term

Now Walcott says: “I want to make my position on the right — that’s where I know where I am now. I’ve told the manager that I want to be known for playing on the right again, although I can play up front.

“I want to know where I want to play. The manager has said I can play up front. It depends on what game it is. I know I can do a job up front as well as on the right.”

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set to make improved £35m bid for Lyon's Alexandre Lacazette

Walcott, 27, revealed his change of mind with Wenger desperately hoping to sign a striker this summer. Lyon’s Alexandre Lacazette and Inter Milan’s Mauro Icardi have been linked with a move to the Emirates.

But Walcott had previously pleaded to play up front, saying: “I’m a striker. I have done my trade out on the wing. I’m not a winger, I was signed as a striker, I want to play up front.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/1543634/arsenal-man-theo-walcott-in-embarrassing-u-turn-to-boss-arsene-wenger-i-dont-want-to-be-a-striker-put-me-back-on-wing/

3. 11 years at Arsenal and he's just allegedly a very good player and not a world class player. That's the problem right there. 

It is these frustrations that many of fans feel towards Walcott that Henry now shares as a pundit. Speaking after Walcott’s omission from England’s Euro 2016 squad, Henry stated:

“He has struggled. His 10 years at Arsenal have been a weird one. Apart from one season where he played more than 30 games, he wasn’t really a starter. Theo Walcott has been in the game for 10 years, you should know about him. You always have something to prove, he should know what he can offer to a team. By now he should know what his position is, but it is not clear.”

However, Henry thinks his goalscoring record should be much better.

‘We are not talking about a youngster that just arrived in the game and we’re praising him for scoring goals,’ he told Sky Sports.

Henry thinks Walcott should have scored many more goals (Picture: Getty)

‘I think for me that should have happened way before. We’re praising him now but it should have happened way before.

‘This is a guy who has been at Arsenal for 10 years.

‘Theo, for me, should already be on 150, 160 or 170 goals.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/12/thierry-henry-believes-theo-walcott-should-have-scored-70-more-arsenal-goals-6317143/#ixzz4c0y55TMS

• Upvote 1

Theo Walcott in the Premier League for Arsenal in 2017:

5 games
4 take-ons
3 shots
0 goals
0 assists
0 chances created

And he's crying about not getting a call up. Goals against part timers don't count cuz. 

Purple patch well and truly done, 28 years old and still yet to put a season of consistent play together. 

Imagine this is one of the "experienced" players at the club as well. 

• Upvote 1

lol when I hear certain people say we're not built to win,you only have to look no further than players like this. Guys we've been forced to endure for 5 years+, I literally can't think of any top teams who have players like this who are integral to their team. Players that the jury is still out on them years since they've arrived :lol:

• Upvote 4

Dunno about that tbh.

Walcott is effective.

In a more streetwise team, he'd be way more appreciated, IMO he's better than Ljungberg and Wiltord and his numbers will definitely point to that...

That said he isn't suppose to be better than them, he's suppose to be Thierry Henry and that' where he falls way way way short, albeit he does score in cup finals lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So either buy players who suit the system and the way we play or change the system and style of play to get the best out of them.

Walcott is not an inside toward nor is he a lone striker in a 4-2-1-3 ish formation. 

/

We actually played to Ljunbergs strengths , if he played in this system out wide he'd look shit too. Infact there was a quote from freddy that said when Fabregas came in and our style changed it killed his game completely.

• Upvote 4

Freddy was a mad man though. Hated playing wide

Used to constantly moan at Wenger to play him at #10. Remember when he left he described Wenger as a dictator :lol:

/

Even if we did set the team up to get the best out of Theo, he doesn't have the character or the physical tools to produce a consistent season.

1 hour ago, Mephisto said:

Better than Ljungberg :lmao:

His numbers :lmao:

Stats are fucking up football. 

Ljungberg was just goals and migraines, Walcott is goals and leaving the ball behind... When they ain't scoring they both do fuck all. Ljungberg ran around and Walcott stands waiting to run... But to me effective players on their day. Ljungberg played in a better team and had Bergkamp to find him. Bet Walcott has way more assists than Ljungberg too, add the goals and like it on not, Walcott is better and I will argue this all day.

• Upvote 1