uk cup clash

Grafter

Was a very good clash in my opinionAnalysis:1st, Jaro dissapointed big time.. they didnt have one outstanding round. It come like they thought they could win the clash on reputation alone. Didnt hear one (or very few) new dubs, like they didnt want to waste money as they are doing this as a one off. Trooper didnt come wid no chat neither.2ndly, Mighty Crown, another big dissapointment. Werent imaginitive at all. Had a couple new dubs, but nothing really blazing hot. Come like they used all their good dubs for Death Before Dishonor. Sami T or Simon didnt hold the crowd well at all. In the round they got kicked off, they got booed off3rdly, Matterhorn, Black Kat or Sentinel were just there to make up the numbers. Matterhorn admitted on stage that he was just doing it for the sake of it, rather than to win. Didnt hype up the crowd and got a poor reception. Sentinel were ok, but never really stood a chance in the first place.Bass Oddysey were the most consistant sound. Every round they were either the best or 2nd best sound. Squingy was entertaining, and held the crowd more than any other hype men. Also, Mark was by far the best Selector on the night, selection was on point throughout the whole ting.But by far the biggest surprise was Rodigan. Before the event, i seriously wrote him off, but apart from the 1st and 2nd round (where i think his selector must have been stuck in traffic or something), he was arguably the best and maybe got the most forwards for the whole clash. His Vocal round was sick, raised the roof big time!!!When it got to the D4D, i was predicting BO would run away with it like the last time them 2 met in a Cup Clash final, when he got whipped 6-0 i think. The first 2 rounds, i was sure BO would win as Rodi was down 2-0. But out of nowhere, man turned it round with a BIG BIG BIG BIG Garnett Silk. The crowd then got behind rodigan & it got to him being 4-3 up after that!!! However, the next round was the turning point where i believe rodi lost it. Rodi played a big Tenor Saw, whole place was going mad. BO then drew for THAT Jimmy Cliff dub, and place went crazy. When it came to voting, was so tight that they had to recount 3 times. In the end, Robbo Ranx gave it to Rodi, but a few ppl wer booing, so Rodi (being the kind of man he is) said he wants it to be fair and if ppl aint happy with the decision, he dont want the point. So in the end, that round was decided a draw.From that point BO had the advantage as the crowd started getting behind them again as Rodi drew for an odd selection (cant even remember who the artist was). BO eventually won 6-5 in one of the tensist D4D i have ever seen/heard.IMO Rodi deserved the victory and if he would of accepted the point to make it 5-3, all he needed to do was win 1 more-- but he is too honest for his own good!!!Was worth every penny of my £40 tbh imo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matterhorn was kinda wack, flopped the hardest when he played him back-to-back with 'Vado on Mission Riddim. Black Kat was sh*t. Why is the 'War Tanker' hated so much? Sentinel did alright, good to see a German sound reppin' the reggae ting though. They did alright in the round were they got booted IMO. Thieir Click Mi Finger dub by the woman was big stillMighty Crown started off warm in the first round but drop off a shape badly especially when they played Sexual Healing then Ele feat Ward 21 and the other song that I cant remember. Always get them mixed up but Simon (1st one) was better on the mic by a lot.Was Rodi's clash until that dispute with the voting. Rodi was the one that did the right thing by getting the recount 'cause "I want it to be fair". Would have been so fitting for Rodi to win it in 30 years but it wasnt to be. His two dubs after were the worst two dubs. To me he was the best musically all night, only had one dud round, the 2nd. His first round was immense.The intro, then Damian Marley - The Mission dub got everyone out of their seats going maaaaaad, crazy forwards. Then he dropped On The Rock dub and place dead again. Ended it on Unknown Number. 2nd round wasnt good, but the rest he repped harrrrrrd.BO were 2nd best to me. Squingy was arguably the best on the mic but their music wasnt touching Rodi.All-in-all I was very pissed that Rodigan didnt win. I wrote him off badly and he came so close. 2 tunes lost it for him. The most important tunes and he choked. Those two should have been the first two if he was to play them.When your actually there you realise its not only about tunes but mic, showmanship, and you have get that momentum in order to get them crazy forwards and take rounds. Clashing is a hard ting boy.

Your stupid if you think the Killer thing was rubbish. Mavado absolutely tore that downThe other two got cancelled because of police concerns innit?
So if i didnt like an event im stupid?dont be a d*ckheadif i didnt like it i didnt like it allow defending it like hes a member of your familythem fan boys thereand it got cancelled due to gay protests read the voice

Guest SKYSCRAPER
Do you get many white people at these events?Cause I f*ck*ng love listening to these soundclashes, to actually go to one would be so sick.
You get a few. You'd be the minority by far but it's not like people will penny you
What does this mean?

Do you get many white people at these events?Cause I f*ck*ng love listening to these soundclashes, to actually go to one would be so sick.
You get a few. You'd be the minority by far but it's not like people will penny you
What does this mean?
Care about/watch. Sorry

Guest M12 Part 2
What does this mean?
Care about/watch. Sorry
i hate it when white people act like this. Maybe i shouldnt go to work cos im gonna be the only black person there too.

Guest SKYSCRAPER
What does this mean?
Care about/watch. Sorry
i hate it when white people act like this. Maybe i shouldnt go to work cos im gonna be the only black person there too.
Maybe you shouldn't post in this topic, cos you're a c*nt.

Guest M12 Part 2

its too true though. why should being in the minority stop you doing something you want to. are you scared people are gonna call you a wigger or something? or maybe the music will stop and the dj will anounce a white person has slipped through security and then every black person in attendance will weigh you in?there is no legitimate reason being white should stop you going.

Guest SKYSCRAPER
its one of them things though its not as easy as that
Glad someone can understand where I'm coming from.But regardless, going to a live reggae soundclash is definitely on my "to-do" list.

Guest M12 Part 2
Glad someone can understand where I'm coming from.But regardless, going to a live reggae soundclash is definitely on my "to-do" list.
explain then. cos im genuienly confused. its same level as me walking into an expensive jewellery shop. people may look at me, security may start acting shifty but it aint gonna stop me going

May I add, I swear I need to touch a clash in Yard. They'd be such a better crowd. The crowd was so biased and didnt really know/want the new tunes except The Mission riddim, Gear Box and Unknown Number.They said they are gonna do it again but with new sounds.

Guest SKYSCRAPER
explain then. cos im genuienly confused. its same level as me walking into an expensive jewellery shop. people may look at me, security may start acting shifty but it aint gonna stop me going
Where did I say it would stop me going?I merely asked if there were many white people at these events.But if I'm in a place where I am the odd person out, for any reason, I will naturally feel slightly uncomfortable.

its one of them things like bare white people listen to deja vu and enjoyed it but you would never catch them at young man standing at eq or at rex (yes I know you do get a few guys)Same with certain musics black guys listen to it even know words but u will never see them in the dancenot because they are shoock but because they dont wanna be out of there comfort zoneIts like sweet r n b the rave was always held in eros in enfeild then one easter they had it in ocean in hackney only around 22 people turnt up the promoter was pissed