How serious are you about this?

Baroness.

Guest djbmc
PEOPLE ARE SCARED OF FAILURE ON THIS FORUM... ALL THESE "I DO IT FUN" ANSWERS... FEEEAAARRR IS RUNNING WIIILLLLDDD
no one's afraid, they're being realistic, the chances of making enuff money to live off nicely in music has always been a pretty rare thing even more so today.

reading these posts i see wats rong with this country! everyone knos the americans merc us and this is y ! everyones so british, i do this for fun" sum lay lay.i do this cos i wana be successful musician not jus 2 pass time ima serious musician tryna get somewer. (an i love wat i do )people wit talent u guys need 2 start getting out there, stop being afraid of failure wilst bitchin at the people tryna make it and get out there!
Not everyone is scared, some of us may wish to keep it as a hobby so not to taint our original intentions and then get too money motivated, some of us are on the path to other careers already and wish to continue with them and just do music on the side. You can't just assume. Not saying that I would pass up the chance to make alot of money from music or get somewhere with it, it's just not my aim.
Tune was Teedra Moses - Be Your Girl
If you sampled the main melody of that you actually sampled an old nas tune, cant remember which one it is though
I sampled the chorus and some of the verse, you mean the instrumental is from an old Nas tune?

i been djing for a few years, there used to be a little crew of us who all DJ'd together but bare guys have dropped off and only i'm left, i do it because i love it, i can't imagine not and if i don't have a mix for at least 40 mins everyday i get moody! Also music production, the exact same reasons as Shy, i do it because it's a creative hobby and everyone should have at least one creative hobby, i aint at uni or nothing and i need to feel like i'm growing as a person - if it weren't the music i'd go to work, come home and do it all again the next day and at least this way i'm learning something and trying to better myself.I rekon we should release the VIP2 e.p. put out a 2 disk vinyl with our beats on it!
Sometimes I just fiend if I dont mix.I even visualise the tracks I'm gonna mix for a set when I go sleep.Basically wot DMC said.
dry.gif
LOL*cough**cough*Bmc*cough**cough*ps. wots it stand for?

i barely make beats these days, do it as a hobby moretimeif i make pee i make pee off it but im not really bothered if i docah i spit i kinda just do it nowdays to gimme suttin to write to itbut im kinda serious about music still but more the engineering sideand the media side like dvds and sh*t, but im using the mcing ting network more amoung the mcing

PEOPLE ARE SCARED OF FAILURE ON THIS FORUM... ALL THESE "I DO IT FUN" ANSWERS... FEEEAAARRR IS RUNNING WIIILLLLDDD
no one's afraid, they're being realistic, the chances of making enuff money to live off nicely in music has always been a pretty rare thing even more so today.
BEING REALISITIC IS A NICE WAY OF SAYING IM FAILURE AND I HAVE NO CHANCE OF MAKING ANYTHING OF MYSELFYOUR ALSO THE GUYS WHO TELL OVER PPL TO GET "A PROPER JOB" AND TELL THEM THERE STUPID FOR CHASING A CAREER THEY WANT

BEING REALISITIC IS A NICE WAY OF SAYING IM FAILURE AND I HAVE NO CHANCE OF MAKING ANYTHING OF MYSELFYOUR ALSO THE GUYS WHO TELL OVER PPL TO GET "A PROPER JOB" AND TELL THEM THERE STUPID FOR CHASING A CAREER THEY WANT
Do you even do music?I know you posted earlier but what do you do? Cos i haven't spoken to a musician who talks fraff like you do in this thread.

Do you even do music?I know you posted earlier but what do you do? Cos i haven't spoken to a musician who talks fraff like you do in this thread.
of course... and explain to me how i chat fraff?nothing i've said is stupid.... english modesty doesn't belong in music... if so its going to be half arsed... you need to fully commit to music (aswell as have the talent and creatativity) to get anywhere... people in here are saying they would like to make it a career but "only it do it for fun" what kinda of attitude is that... that line is also a safety line cos when they flop they can fall back on it and say well i was only doing it for fun...THIS IS NOT IN ALL CASES WHEN IT COMES TO GRIME MUSIC AND EMCEEScertain guys just get brought in by there friends and never really had any desire to have a "career" in musicANYWHO them that take chances and commit get somewhere (if they have talent and a fanbase)

of course... and explain to me how i chat fraff?nothing i've said is stupid.... english modesty doesn't belong in music... if so its going to be half arsed... you need to fully commit to music (aswell as have the talent and creatativity) to get anywhere... people in here are saying they would like to make it a career but "only it do it for fun" what kinda of attitude is that... that line is also a safety line cos when they flop they can fall back on it and say well i was only doing it for fun...THIS IS NOT IN ALL CASES WHEN IT COMES TO GRIME MUSIC AND EMCEEScertain guys just get brought in by there friends and never really had any desire to have a "career" in musicANYWHO them that take chances and commit get somewhere (if they have talent and a fanbase)
Telling people what they are feeling is talking fraff, fraff = rubbish. You are talking rubbish by telling us that we are scared of failure and all your other silly generalisations. Are you talking on behalf of yourself? Coming like you know all, some all seeing all hearing being.Do you produce? If so how serious are you about it? I don't remember seeing a reply of yours that related to the opening post.Roots laugh.gif dunno not really inna that stuff and with my workrate (or should i say lack of) any beat i make i cherish cos i sometimes wont make a next one for time, what did the winner get anyway?Next one i'll possibly get involved

Guest djbmc
i been djing for a few years, there used to be a little crew of us who all DJ'd together but bare guys have dropped off and only i'm left, i do it because i love it, i can't imagine not and if i don't have a mix for at least 40 mins everyday i get moody! Also music production, the exact same reasons as Shy, i do it because it's a creative hobby and everyone should have at least one creative hobby, i aint at uni or nothing and i need to feel like i'm growing as a person - if it weren't the music i'd go to work, come home and do it all again the next day and at least this way i'm learning something and trying to better myself.I rekon we should release the VIP2 e.p. put out a 2 disk vinyl with our beats on it!
Sometimes I just fiend if I dont mix.I even visualise the tracks I'm gonna mix for a set when I go sleep.Basically wot DMC said.
dry.gif
LOL*cough**cough*Bmc*cough**cough*ps. wots it stand for?
DJ Big Mac, my mates nicknamed me Mac because my real name's Alex and they lovingly named me after Alex Mac - a bird :D One guy was like "call urself Macked out" i thought f*ck that ppl will think i'm sin kinda gangster! So i chose Big Mac, obviously certain fast food chains might try a ting and sue me so BMC it is.

Guest djbmc
ur chatting sh*t mate. at wot point have i ever told anyone to "get a proper job"? And how can u be considered a failure in music? Success isn't measured by financial gain alone, and even if it was u can never be conisdered a failure unless u stop making music because the next record u release could be the one that makes it big. Also how many financially comfortable musicians do you think started off making music on the side whilst earning money in other ways?

ur chatting sh*t mate. at wot point have i ever told anyone to "get a proper job"? And how can u be considered a failure in music? Success isn't measured by financial gain alone, and even if it was u can never be conisdered a failure unless u stop making music because the next record u release could be the one that makes it big. Also how many financially comfortable musicians do you think started off making music on the side whilst earning money in other ways?
who said anything about financial gain?