Adele

Nola D

My interpretation is that your going after a dream, or possibility and holding onto it wherever it may take you. Like a wild goose chase.Imo the video's tryna show the consequences sometimes whilst chasing pavements (your dream, journey etc). When she says 'should I give up or should I keep chasing pavements etc' the 'couple' are all interacting but when adele says 'even when it goes nowhere' they both have their back to eachother. I think shes tryna say should I go ahead and see where that gets me or should I stop in fear or rejection.Thats what I think anyway.

ok someone explian the meaning of chasing pavements!?!?!?!? cos i hate it when artists make up suposed "metaphors" without real meaningalso adele/ winehouse etc = jus mor white artists ripping of black music, im not hating cos da music does sound good but y is der NEVER a black face to go with it ??
lolits a bit obviousechasing pavements = they go on and on never really ending, hence similar to a wild goose chaseshes using this as a metaphor for her feelings for another

Just checked Hmv, Adele said this is the meaning of chasing pavements:'It’s me being hopeful for a relationship that’s very much over. The sort of relationship you hate when you’re in it, but miss when you’re not'.If you watch the vid properly you'll get it.

I hate when people bring up Whinehouse when Adele get's mentioned, i can obviously see how people will think to link the two, but i think they still have their differences (addictions excluded). Adele >>>> Whinehouse imo. Listen to her album, voice is amazing.
hmmm im not sure about this one 2bh imo

Guest SKYSCRAPER

She's f*ck*ng terrible.This type of sh*t (Adele, Duffy, etc.) is just the new version of manufactured pop the way Steps & Five & all that were in the 90s.Shame on anyone who falls for it.

Guest SKYSCRAPER
She's f*ck*ng terrible.This type of sh*t (Adele, Duffy, etc.) is just the new version of manufactured pop the way Steps & Five & all that were in the 90s.Shame on anyone who falls for it.
What a surprise rolleyes.gif
What the f*ck is that supposed to mean?

Guest SKYSCRAPER
Song has alot of sentimental value imo, everyone can relate, except internet gyllases... which is everyone really.. so infact no-one can relate.And yes, this is manufactured pop with a face lift make no mistakes about it. Doesn't mean it's not good though.
Of course.The fact that it's not good is purely coincidental.There has been some great manufactured pop over the years.

Raahh shame on me for not clockin thisjust cause it got a bit more musical and credibility it is stil manufactured behind the scenes initbare robots in the game------------------------------on another note who saw adele on lilly allen n friends and when lilly allen asked her her type of guy she straight said"big and black" no sugarcoatation

Hmm.... two replies and neither of u has come wit decent argument.
Why does race need to be brought into it? So she's a white girl singing with soul... I don't see why it has to be a black face tbh
the reason race is brought in is simply because if the originators of the style and genre were/are black, y is it not reflected like this too the public?u sayin y does there have to b a black face is double standard. i said y is der NEVER ANY black faces!!

Yeah it is, straight. Difference is this is quality music much like Blur and to a lesser-extent Oasis were

Guest LOGers

Sorry, but shes any fat chav who's ticket to freedom is her voice. Album is pretty mediocre in my view, and I'm sick of this new wave of manufactured pop already. Theres a next 16 y o Australian girl that is the 'new Amy Winehouse'. Give it a f*ck*ng rest already!

This type of sh*t (Adele, Duffy, etc.) is just the new version of manufactured pop the way Steps & Five & all that were in the 90s.
Yeah I see it with the success of amy whine house and lilly allen, this kinda music seems to be the new craze for pop...But its well produced tho.
I hate when people bring up Whinehouse when Adele get's mentioned, i can obviously see how people will think to link the two, but i think they still have their differences (addictions excluded). Adele >>>> Whinehouse imo. Listen to her album, voice is amazing.
Common the comparison is alot, Its bait her music is engineered in a Whinhouse format... I dont think she is bette rthan amy either.. But hey each to their own

Guest SKYSCRAPER

Anyone talking about soul music in relation to this bitch should slap themselves. It's completely soulless.Listen to Jamie Liddell if you want a modern white person making good, inventive soul music.