Sign in to follow this  
Beavis

Ghetto Acapellas

Guest djbmc

if u get a track u like and u got the instro as well, put them both in cubase and do that phase cancellation thing, not sure exactly how but i know u can.

if u get a track u like and u got the instro as well, put them both in cubase and do that phase cancellation thing, not sure exactly how but i know u can.
Nice one, i will look into that

you invert the waveform of the instrumental then align it exactly with the vocal

you invert the waveform of the instrumental then align it exactly with the vocal
Some insane technology/

It's cool when you are doing it, when you are lining up the 2 tracks it's like first it just sounds like 2 tracks playing a second or so apart then as it gets closer to the right point it sounds like it's being filtered through a phaser, then you touch the right part and everything gets cancelled out except the vocal and you're like wow, then you just adjust a little bit to get the remaining high end out as much as possible. I was bare surprised when it worked.Best application to use is Cubase because it allows the highest resolution of movement of the audio track (that I've found so far). I used Adobe Audition (Cool Edit) to invert the track (instrumental) first.