Do you ever get over the loss of losing a loved one ?

LuLu

my sisters 2nd funeral anniversary is coming up next week and over the last few days ive been feeling a bit sh*t and angry tbh.i apologize for making a depressing topic but how do you deal with grief ? do you ever get over the loss?

The thing is, i don't have any memories of her except when we was both in my mothers womb together but obviously i can't really remember that. It could of so easily been me who died and sometimes i can't help but feel guilty about that.people say that we would of had some kind of baby bond in the womb but im not to sure about that.2nd funeral was when we had to bury her organs because the hospital stole them. took timeeeee to get them back because of long legal procedureseven though i didn't know her, it still hurts though that she is not here, dunno, i can't explain it.

I sympathise with yours and your mothers loss and maybe it is a twin thing but the loss experienced when you know and love someone is far greater than the sense of loss experienced when you don't really know someone.A couple of years after I was born my mother suffered a miscarriage of what would have been my little sister however I feel no sense of loss myself. I didn't know the infant in my mothers womb personally, never met them, have no memories of them so how can I feel a sense of loss?Even if I did for some reason feel a sense of loss it would not compare to the loss I would feel if one of my cousins who I know and love were to die.

@ zlast boss i can't help but feel sad because of what the hospital did , they had no right to and burying them was kinda traumactic. Half of her is cremeted and the other half ( her organs) is buried, its just f*cked up.the funeral anniversary is the killer date

I sympathise with yours and your mothers loss and maybe it is a twin thing but the loss experienced when you know and love someone is far greater than the sense of loss experienced when you don't really know someone.A couple of years after I was born my mother suffered a miscarriage of what would have been my little sister however I feel no sense of loss myself. I didn't know the infant in my mothers womb personally, never met them, have no memories of them so how can I feel a sense of loss?Even if I did for some reason feel a sense of loss it would not compare to the loss I would feel if one of my cousins who I know and love were to die.
i agree with you completely there,loosing someone you know is worse than loosing someone you don't really know. im just in one of those emotional annoying moods at the mo.i remember when one of my friends died of cancer at the age of 15, she had so much to give to life, had a brilliant future ahead of her and it all got taken away from her just like that.

I dont understand. How old are you if its your sisters 2nd funeral aniversary?
my fault, didn't explain it properly, we had a 2nd funeral for her so we could bury her organs

its coming up to 20 years this year,crikey im getting old. As i stated above, she died in my mothers womb a week before my mum had the casearan so basically the doctors pulled out one dead baby and one alive baby, was 2 and a half months premature.but we only found out about the organ scandal a few years agolike someone said , life does go on and tbh its only birthday,funeral and the actual day she died is when i deeply think about it.i aint depressed or suicidal or anything all year round.

C/SSimilarly, my mum had a miscarriage after I was born, would have been a little sister (that would have been sick).