Abramovich = the reason standards have risen.

Action Dan

True.Since his arrival the standards have risen dramitically. Whoever wins the Prem does so with more points now, the winners lose less games to average sides and our teams have improved lots in Europe since.Average points total for top 4 sides was 74 before his arrival, it's now 79 and is heading for 83 this season.Whoever wins the Champions League should shake Abramovich's hand and thank him for taking them to a level they knew not of before.The people that were moaning about his emergence are now the very same people who are reaping from it.

Do we thank him for non football fans buying clubs aswell then?Forgetting about clubs historys just to make a quick mill? then f*ck*ng off when they have had there fun, making clubs boards and fans hating each other causing unrest umoungst players/staff etc...is it all worth it?

Do we thank him for non football fans buying clubs aswell then?Forgetting about clubs historys just to make a quick mill? then f*ck*ng off when they have had there fun, making clubs boards and fans hating each other causing unrest umoungst players/staff etc...is it all worth it?
That doesn't counter the fact that the standards of English football have improved since his arrival, does it? The bar was raised and the other 3 had to either sink or swim.

Guest Mickey Kane
And people laugh when I say sh*t like the current Arsenal & Man Utd sides then they were 5-10 years ago when they dominating then...
Can I have a translation please? It appears you've wrote that in Martian.
Llow me I'm tired...What I meant to say was that, were a one-off match to played between say the current Arsenal & Man Utd sides and the Arsenal side of say 2003-2004 and the treble winning Man Utd, the current teams would beat them...

Guest Tronics
I don't fully agree.
Why?
It's resulted in clubs in the top 4 spending more money then ever before just to keep pace.Which in turn has a negative effect to the teams outside of the top 4 as the gap between the top clubs and the others becomes wider and wider.This money thing also played an instrumental role in the Premier League trying to license the television rights around the world and no-one liked that, lol.Plus English players are getting priced out of the market because the League is soo wealthy. They aren't getting chance to play for the top 4 clubs or play in Europe thus impacting the quality of our national team.

We shouldnt thank him for this. If this is true, then it has created a mini league of the 'top 4' within the league. Not good.
You definitely shouldn't thank him, you're not top 4.The 3 other teams who are top 4 should thank him, is the point I'm agreeing with.
So you think even the most blatent of glory hunters, are happy that because of this, the gap between the top 4 and the other say 10 teams closest to them in terms of talent has widened. It's not a good thing for them or for the rest of the league.

But because of this injection of super wealth, the other 3 have had to invest to guarantee teams below them do not catch them up.It's been detrimental to everyone bar the top 4 I agree, but the fact remains that his presence has improved the top 4's efforts in Europe and domestically.
Maybe.But come this Super Sunday this weekend, i can guarntee you both games, Chelsea-arsenal and Man Utd-Liverpool will both be sh*t, spectacles in the build up, but dire to watch, as they always are.Europe, well yeah, thats a complete different factor.

They are "sh*t" games because they are so evenly matched...
No.They are sh*t games because neither teams want to loose, and with good managers (minus Mr. Toad) they know exactly how to set up for a draw, how to play negative football, and how to bore us to death for 90mins ie. makes for a sh*t game.

Guest haze-e
True, anymore than 2 losses its not good enoughRemember back in the day teams losing 5-6 matches would still win the league
Manchester United - Lost 4Top of the table, Game in hand.Chelsea Lost 3, Challenging for title.

They are "sh*t" games because they are so evenly matched...
No.They are sh*t games because neither teams want to loose, and with good managers (minus Mr. Toad) they know exactly how to set up for a draw, how to play negative football, and how to bore us to death for 90mins ie. makes for a sh*t game.
That we have mourinho to thank for.... he made 4-5-1 famous, half the teams in the league are playing that formation nowIts made most premier league games quite boring IMOArsenal & Manu (plus a few others) excludedBut when atleast one of the teams playing are 4-5-1 its likely to be a boring match.I've watched a lot less football this season