Abramovich = the reason standards have risen.

Action Dan

Top 4 improved.Bottom 6-8 declined.
Why?
Top 4 improved cos Mourinho with Roman's money made clubs realise you have to be almost 100% consistent.Bottom 6-8 declined, obviously cos everyone above them got better and cos the mind state of them became we must frustrate teams and nick draws. While the latter use to happen 4 years ago, their was a feeling that everyone could beat everyone, thats gone now.

But because of this injection of super wealth, the other 3 have had to invest to guarantee teams below them do not catch them up.It's been detrimental to everyone bar the top 4 I agree, but the fact remains that his presence has improved the top 4's efforts in Europe and domestically.
Maybe.But come this Super Sunday this weekend, i can guarntee you both games, Chelsea-arsenal and Man Utd-Liverpool will both be sh*t, spectacles in the build up, but dire to watch, as they always are.Europe, well yeah, thats a complete different factor.
Chelsea - Arsenal will be a good game, Liverpool - Man Utd, depends on Rafa. That game will tell us everything we need to know about Rafa...Either way it wil be better than Sunday just gone, FACT.

out of the top 4 the only other team i got respect for is man ubecause its in there culture to play attacking footballfuk the opposition we will let them worry about us mentallywhile chelsea nd liverpool r more boring tactical strategic which i dont wanna see

League will get even harder.Even midtable teams can finish within the top four i reacon now & next season....The game may have been raised, granted, maybe we can give that to Chelski owner,, but...i feel more and more clubs will be taken over by admin cause of over spending and being in red.The game is all about money now, money first, football second.this should not be the way, and im preying the goon never get taken over fully by oversea's rule!

out of the top 4 the only other team i got respect for is man ubecause its in there culture to play attacking footballfuk the opposition we will let them worry about us mentallywhile chelsea nd liverpool r more boring tactical strategic which i dont wanna see
Totally agree!people always go on about how Ronaldo doesn't play well against the big teams.. he always use to and even got a few goals before every big team felt to double up on him when they meet. That's why these games are boring managers of the teams which aren't as good as the evident top two know they will be beat if players like him are allowed to much space.And in response to the title i think Mourinho needs as much credit as Roman for raising the standards. Ranieri was a good manager but even with Roman's money he still couldn't get top spot

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

Standards have definately been raised since the emergence of Chelsea not just of the big 4 but also of the smaller teams, who will fight tooth and nail to get a draw in these matches. The counter argument to that would be teams like Bolton, boro and Blackburn just park the bus and play for the draw BUT that means the top 4 have to battle harder to get points out of games then ever before.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
Standards have definately been raised since the emergence of Chelsea not just of the big 4 but also of the smaller teams,
What about the big teams like Newcastle?
Not needed. Theres another topic for people to get there jabs in at Newcastle.