Sign in to follow this  
2deal2

Why are Black movies STILL on so late?

I was interested to see that the "The Fighting Temptations" was on Channel 4 on the weekend in the TV guide. I haven't seen it before and I know it stars Beyonce. I thought it would be a great family comedy for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Before that was the Jay-Z documentary "Fade To Black" at 1.50 am... So what do Channel 4 do? They put it on at 3.50 am!! Who in God's name is going to watch it? It's a good thing I was able to set the video!It's not the first time Channel 4 have done this. I've spotted The Brothers, Brown Sugar and The Wood on after 2 am. All African-American movies. Why does Channel 4 treat Black movies like this? In 2008 - do they think were insomniacs? All of the above movies can be enjoyed by people of all races. If this is how Channel 4 feels, then why bother showing them at all? I've tried to contact them but their e-mail and phone systems are not working.

been like this from day dotonly channel i know that boasts african american films is dave with the three spike lee movies not sure about any others

so ur sayin that jus cos its a "black film" (and u should check on IMDB cos a film aint jus about the actors) then C4 are deliberatley putting it on late? could b true if this was 1950s.i don't think so tho..especially considerin that c4 r known 2 b the most liberal out of all the other stations & take the most risksits probably because of 1 of the following1. film is crap2. they know only a couple peeps will watch3. they got a contract with sum1 else 2 show another programme @ that time

Guest Cousin Of Sleep

The fighting temptations was on so late because it is infact, so horrible, that only adults can bare to view it without losing their grip on sanity.

Guest Mr. Estacado

some one make another black movies thread plz the last 1 on vip2 1.0 had classics

Who heard about Channel 4 stuffing US shows for UK ones and more programs directed at Ethnic Minorities

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
We assumed you guys liked the dark.
chappellefo0.jpg
Damn...thats racist
LOL! i've clocked this b4, but fighting temptations has got beyonce in it. C4 could have got viewers but didn't even try and advertise it. Yet a film like phone booth gets a 9pm sunday airing. seen.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
We assumed you guys liked the dark.
chappellefo0.jpg
Damn...thats racist
laugh.gif:D

Guest Smell Of Death

who caresmost are sh*t anywaysthats y their on latewhy dnt u complain about puttin indian films on late, theres more of them than black people

yup always the way, some pisstakemissed many good black films due to channel 4 or bbc taking the piss with the times they show them

who caresmost are sh*t anywaysthats y their on latewhy dnt u complain about puttin indian films on late, theres more of them than black people
You still looking in the mirror thinking God made a mistake?

Guest Smell Of Death
You still looking in the mirror thinking God made a mistake?
lolthey are crap thowell mostn they aint mainstream so why r they gonna put them on at a mainstream time when they get the most advertising money n sh*t

i was watching that film channel 4 the other morning they r always take the piss with black movies i watched the brothers twice on channel 4 at 4am in the morning