Calzaghe "Haye will struggle at heavyweight"

Michael Scofield

Enzo Calzaghe, father/trainer of champion Joe Calzaghe, and trainer of Enzo Maccarinelli, believes that WBC/WBA/WBO cruiserweight champ David Haye will struggle at heavyweight. Two weeks ago in London, it took Haye only two-rounds to knock Macca out in their unification bout.Despite his fighter being strached, Enzo is not impressed and doesn't see Haye as force in the heavyweight ranks."Haye did nothing for me to change my views on him," Calzaghe told Setanta Sports. "It wasn't his performance that counted it was Enzo's performance. He was only as good as Enzo made him look. He answered no questions to me. He only threw four punches himself a round. Four whole punches.Lets be honest about it. This hot property: bullsh*t. I think the same of him as I did before. If Enzo went 12 rounds with the guy he would have destroyed him."He didnt get a chance to show it because he did what he did wrong. You can't judge what Haye is all about from that fight. It took him five big straight rights to deck Enzo. Now you think he is going to be fighting 17 stone guys. It will take a lot more to put them down. If that went 12 rounds as Maccarinelli can fight, as he does all the time, that prestigious greatest thing since sliced bread wouldn't be around today. He won fair and square, but lets not get carried away because Enzo underperformed."Haye is planning to stage his next fight in the heavyweight division with November as the target date. A six-month training period has been scheduled to prepare Haye for his anticipated heavyweight run. Former champion Hasim Rahman has been mentioned as an opponent, but Haye tells The Sunday Mirror that a lot of other options are out there as well."Hasim Rahman has been on the phone and there are plenty of other options. The plan is to put the weight on and keep it on before cleaning up the heavyweight division," Haye said. "There are too many so-called contenders and the champions are not that impressive. Wladimir Klitschko is like a robot and would be my first choice, Ruslan Chagaev is too small and is not the fighter he once was, while Samuel Peter is too slow and easy to hit."Any of them would be ideal for a massive fight at Wembley next summer and that's my plan."
Haterade.gif

smh ifs and butsmacca got ko'd end of story. haye has 1 defeat on his record and he shouldve won that fight reallywhat hes saying is stupid "if it had gone 12 rounds" what if every fighter who gets ko'd says that, his fighter got beat and showed nothing to warrant deserving a rematch.

^^Yea I remember watching that fight Haye lost to Carl Thompson. He was battering Carl Thompson, but his cardio was piss poor for that fight and he out punched himself. I cant even remember if that fight was at heavyweight but been hearing Carl Thompson wants to fight him again.Why is it people hate to see a Brit do well? Also been hearing Johnny Nelson wants to come out of retirement because he feels he can "beat Haye". Why should Haye stick around at Cruiserweight just to fight him?

^^Yea I remember watching that fight Haye lost to Carl Thompson. He was battering Carl Thompson, but his cardio was piss poor for that fight and he out punched himself. I cant even remember if that fight was at heavyweight but been hearing Carl Thompson wants to fight him again.Why is it people hate to see a Brit do well? Also been hearing Johnny Nelson wants to come out of retirement because he feels he can "beat Haye". Why should Haye stick around at Cruiserweight just to fight him?
I love how Nelson retired avoiding a fight with Enzo now at like 41 he wants to fight again against the guy that knocked out Enzo dry.gif

lol nelson couldnt beat haye with an armoured tank, the man who was so content to keep his sh*t title fighting nobodies. Haye would destroy Thompson now and I have alot of respect for Haye as his trainer said take risks. all these pussys nowdays so focused on keeping there 0's avoiding any type of challenge, but look back at the best times of boxing all the best fighters had 3,4,5 losses and were fighting each other. Haye took a risk fighting someone like Thompson that early and it very nearly paid off.