Chelsea On Sunday

Buc Nasty

"We've got the strength of character to win the title, believe me," said Arsène Wenger. " That's my belief, my firm belief and at the game on Sunday you will see. Since the first day of the season I have said that I believe in this team. Come back in May and we will speak about it then. There's always a first time and, until you win, people have doubts about you and they're questioning you. But the strong ones keep going."It was with those emphatic, dramatic words that the Arsenal manager concluded his pre-match press conference on Friday.The Frenchman has perhaps bought into a little of the hype surrounding this weekend's fixtures. But, like Wenger, you can call it "Grand Slam Sunday" or "D-day" or anything you want. Manchester United v Liverpool and Chelsea v Arsenal is a simple yet massive collision of the Premier League's top four.This season's title race has been one of the most open for years and this could be its decisive day.And Arsenal need to be decisive once more because their last four games have ended in draws. It has preserved a record of only one defeat in the Premier League campaign but, at the same time, a five-point advantage has turned in to a three-point deficit. However the manager feels they have shaken their lethargy at last.“I believe that we had a little slow down after Birmingham, but I feel now in training that we're over that," he said. "This is a good opportunity for us to show it."What's interesting on Sunday, and was maybe not the case in the first Grand Slam Sunday, is that all four teams have a very good reason to try and win the game. Chelsea is in that position, we are in that position, Liverpool are in that position and Man United as well. It promises a very exciting Sunday and all the four teams are really in a must-win game.”However, Wenger argues that it is perhaps a must-must-win for Chelsea after they lost ground in an incredible 4-4 draw at Tottenham on Wednesday.“Yes it is because they are further away from Manchester United," agreed the Frenchman. "But, when we go into this game, we'll know the result of the United game against Liverpool. So that could even increase more the pressure on the game. But the mental strength we have in my squad, and the hunger that's in there for us to do well, I'm sure we'll come out in the final sprint.”Frankly, Arsenal have not been at the races in the last few Premier League games. Wenger has the same squad at his disposal as last week against Middlesbrough. The only absentees are Tomas Rosicky (hamstring), Abou Diaby (calf) and Eduardo (broken leg/dislocated ankle).At Emirates Stadium last Saturday, they successfully chased a game once again and showed admirable resilience to come back against Gareth Southgate's side. And, for Wenger, consistency has been Arsenal's best weapon this season. All they need is to rediscover their edge in order to get their due rewards from the campaign."I feel that since the beginning of the season we have been the most consistent team," said Wenger. "We have lost just one game, and that was under very special circumstances."I feel that consistency will come out for good at the end of the season. I cannot imagine that it will not play an important part in the final part of the season. If we win our big games and if we continue to be consistent then I am sure we will finish in front of the other sides. I cannot imagine we will lose the League if we have lost only one game at the end of the season."It is important to remember that Arsenal still have their fate in their own hands because they have yet to go to Manchester United. But, for Wenger's side, it is perhaps 'grand stand' Sunday. A day when they need to re-assert their title credentials and come back with a win.Another draw would be admirable but it might not be enough.And Arsenal fans will not want history to apply that description to this season as whole.

I'm very pleased by Chelsea's defensive display against Tottenham.Plus, that Stamford Bridge record is begging to be ended this Sunday...And like I said after Avram Grant's 1st game in charge of Chelsea_____________________________>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chelsea in crunch games against big opponents.I'm very optimistic about this
BANG BANG CHELSEA GANG!