Evolution of Grime/Dubstep/etc.

Bardissimo

I had this discussion before but wnat ur views. I think grime has evolved from 2004 days into a more MC and lyrical based genre but tbh it aint as hyped, sets and tunes will never recapture circa-Forward days. people keep sayign grime will die but thats bullcrap, i believe it will simply evole into something else, maybe Grimestep.in terms of dubstep, i aint reli on it but i just see the quality of the tunes getting better and better, Benga's new album was f*ck*ng fireyour thoughts?

I had this discussion before but wnat ur views. I think grime has evolved from 2004 days into a more MC and lyrical based genre but tbh it aint as hyped, sets and tunes will never recapture circa-Forward days. people keep sayign grime will die but thats bullcrap, i believe it will simply evole into something else, maybe Grimestep.in terms of dubstep, i aint reli on it but i just see the quality of the tunes getting better and better, Benga's new album was f*ck*ng fireyour thoughts?
never.dunno wot the "step" bit is about, but if its anything to do wid "grime mc's on dubstep" it wont happen cos dubstep is intrumental based...it wont be anything more then the odd vocal tune u get here n there.grimes future lies wid youngers like little nasty, chipmunk and griminal...if these lot get pushed to the top and sum of the bait hip hop style "grime" artists are washed away, or go of into uk hip hop, then grime has sum hope. but wont get any bigger in terms of size imo, jus better musically.dubstep looks set for having a strong and wide international scene like dnb has today, if it continues the way it is.

Guest djbmc

I think Grime has changed a lot and all the ppl that liked the instro, more rave orientated tracks have moved to other scenes, mostly Dubstep. I think the next 2 years will say a lot about Dubstep, whether or not it will survive the bandwagon hype and what it becomes on an international scale.

Most grime fans were INVOLVED with grime themselves, barsin, DJing, producing etc. When that generation got older and had to focus on Uni/9-5. Rather than reachin a set on the block after school. The only people with time for grime were people looking to make a career from it. Plus there's always Channel U to thank

even as long as i've been listening to it (about 4 yrs) my tastes have changed dramaticallywhen i started i only used to want to hear them reggae type tunes that Kromestar / Rusko / The others madei was stuck in that hype 4 a long time ignoring everything elsethen i slowly began 2 understand mala tunes and it opened up everything else 4 me...now i'm more of a fan of the deep tunesproducers like mala, peverelist, martyn, 2562, anti-social, shackleton, headhunter and ramadanmani just like the drum patterns mostly out of them tunes.. something about them makes me skank differentlyi still like the rusko,caspa,coki,distance,skream type of guys but sometimes i don't their music is deep enough.a major split is coming in dubstep now between the two groups.. i don't mean beef i mean just a split in audiences. the newer listeners tend to prefer easily accessible bass driven tunes that will blow them away and don't really require u 2 sit down and engage with the music, wait 1 min 30 secs for the drop or whatever. this ain't a bad thing and i don't think one tune is better than the other - personal preference.i think if dubstep goes down the direction of the rusko group then people will continue to listen and it'll get big sameway. but nothing new will come - the same sounds will just be rinsed to eternity like u see in niche now.but if somehow both routes continue 2 get love (like we see now) then dubstep will remain fresh and interesting and could get mainstream success without constraining its sounds - like we see with grime, where they've gone down a hip-hop route 2 appeal 2 americans and to blow.most important thing for dubstep is make sure sound don't get changed for MTV/commercial audience.

even as long as i've been listening to it (about 4 yrs) my tastes have changed dramaticallywhen i started i only used to want to hear them reggae type tunes that Kromestar / Rusko / The others madei was stuck in that hype 4 a long time ignoring everything elsethen i slowly began 2 understand mala tunes and it opened up everything else 4 me...now i'm more of a fan of the deep tunesproducers like mala, peverelist, martyn, 2562, anti-social, shackleton, headhunter and ramadanmani just like the drum patterns mostly out of them tunes.. something about them makes me skank differentlyi still like the rusko,caspa,coki,distance,skream type of guys but sometimes i don't their music is deep enough.a major split is coming in dubstep now between the two groups.. i don't mean beef i mean just a split in audiences. the newer listeners tend to prefer easily accessible bass driven tunes that will blow them away and don't really require u 2 sit down and engage with the music, wait 1 min 30 secs for the drop or whatever. this ain't a bad thing and i don't think one tune is better than the other - personal preference.i think if dubstep goes down the direction of the rusko group then people will continue to listen and it'll get big sameway. but nothing new will come - the same sounds will just be rinsed to eternity like u see in niche now.but if somehow both routes continue 2 get love (like we see now) then dubstep will remain fresh and interesting and could get mainstream success without constraining its sounds - like we see with grime, where they've gone down a hip-hop route 2 appeal 2 americans and to blow.most important thing for dubstep is make sure sound don't get changed for MTV/commercial audience.
ye f*ckin hell, on point lol.i agree wid u tho, the spectrum needs to be embraced from all angles...i think the thing is in raves, some of the meditative more meaningful dubs dont put thru enuff energy. works for zoning i guess, but it can jus make things a touch too slow, i dunno, im speculating here.personally, i love listenin to the meditative stuff, well more meaningful and can really calm me down. Its the stuff that sparks interest cos its sumin a lot different to your usual hype tunes.i agree wid ur point on how new commers will listen to hype stuff first, cos dats how it started for me...now i still like the coki/caspa/skream sorta stuff, but i also like the heavy reggae/dubby side and the meditative stuff too.

Every newcomer i introduce into the scene talks about RuskoIt's actually annoying, i'm tryna show them a vibe alot deeper than bassline Ruskie.Don't get me wrong.. when he's ready he will made that DEEP FIRE like no one else..Rumours are his next Babylon will be Dubadub influenced.

Every newcomer i introduce into the scene talks about RuskoIt's actually annoying, i'm tryna show them a vibe alot deeper than bassline Ruskie.Don't get me wrong.. when he's ready he will made that DEEP FIRE like no one else..Rumours are his next Babylon will be Dubadub influenced.
a lot of core fans prefer his old dubby dub stuff.i reckon if he mixed up that and his current mad style, we would have sum nice plastic fire to spin laugh.gif

I AINT been for a whilewhen u could smoke there we was there 2 times a month minimum. good old days.venue is the 1 still. i prefer it 2 mass. not that small. perfect size. very dark. u can lean on the walls/sit down on the other side. hang tite all the mandem who kno about the pole 2. find me right hand side speakers @ front billin or left hand nr the back against the wall. anyone try take my spot......... then...... booooy...i'll cry sad.gifi duno man normally by 3 im tired n ready 2 go. i ain't on 2 them all night raves unless its a gash 1.nearest tube is old st. bout 5 min walk, dont get there 2 l8, i duno bout these days but early last yr if u got there after 11:30 ish u were queing for an hour. we try 2 roll at 10:30 get in get a stamp see who's dj'ing when. if its n e dj go 2 the bar opposite then come back when we feel 2. if u like grime plastic normally brings sum mc's. i ain't missin this 1 tho...... scientist oldskool set, silkie, skream, plas..... gona be a very large quantity. dont miss out.

I AINT been for a whilewhen u could smoke there we was there 2 times a month minimum. good old days.venue is the 1 still. i prefer it 2 mass. not that small. perfect size. very dark. u can lean on the walls/sit down on the other side. hang tite all the mandem who kno about the pole 2. find me right hand side speakers @ front billin or left hand nr the back against the wall. anyone try take my spot......... then...... booooy...i'll cry sad.gifi duno man normally by 3 im tired n ready 2 go. i ain't on 2 them all night raves unless its a gash 1.nearest tube is old st. bout 5 min walk, dont get there 2 l8, i duno bout these days but early last yr if u got there after 11:30 ish u were queing for an hour. we try 2 roll at 10:30 get in get a stamp see who's dj'ing when. if its n e dj go 2 the bar opposite then come back when we feel 2. if u like grime plastic normally brings sum mc's. i ain't missin this 1 tho...... scientist oldskool set, silkie, skream, plas..... gona be a very large quantity. dont miss out.
ahr ur tempting me to reach.mite jus do it, as a warm up for the weekend.wots security like? easy to smoke up inside?im contemplating askin one of my boys who is 18 in june to come, will they be strict on checkin id's n sh*t? isit worth me askin him.