Ben Foster to win FA CUP

Admin.

BEN FOSTER has been lined up to join Barnsley’s FA Cup fairytale.Manchester United’s fit-again keeper is wanted by the Tykes for their semi-final showdown with Cardiff at Wembley on April 6.Oakwell boss Simon Davey has turned his sights on Foster because he sees no way of resolving the dispute over Luke Steele.Steele, who helped Barnsley to giantkilling wins over Liverpool and Chelsea in the previous two rounds, has returned to West Brom as his loan spell has expired.Davey wants Steele back but is not prepared to match his £8,000 a week at The Hawthorns.England keeper Foster, 24, has just returned after being out for 10 months with a ruptured cruciate ligament.He made an impressive United debut in the 1-0 win at Derby last Saturday but is expected to drop back to the bench against Bolton tonight as Tomasz Kuszczak is available.If his Foster bid fails, Davey will turn to Aston Villa’s third choice Thomas Sorensen.

As much as I don't want to say it, for this one, Baggies are right.They have told Barnsley they can have him for free at the end of the season, and they are willing to loan the player...Barnsley will be paying his wages in the Summer anyway - so why not now?It's ridiculous for Barnsley to think their cup rivals will pay the wages of a player they are getting for free in the Summer for 6months.Yeah, they might be a tight money-wise atm, but Barnsley have made loads off the FA Cup and shouldnt expect other teams to help them out.It's not even as if WBA are asking for any money - they just don't want to pay someone elses players wages.

As much as I don't want to say it, for this one, Baggies are right.They have told Barnsley they can have him for free at the end of the season, and they are willing to loan the player...Barnsley will be paying his wages in the Summer anyway - so why not now?It's ridiculous for Barnsley to think their cup rivals will pay the wages of a player they are getting for free in the Summer for 6months.Yeah, they might be a tight money-wise atm, but Barnsley have made loads off the FA Cup and shouldnt expect other teams to help them out.It's not even as if WBA are asking for any money - they just don't want to pay someone elses players wages.
However I'm assuming WBA where paying all his wages or a percentage of his wages in the original loan deal, I'm assuming Barnsley simply wanted to extend the deal in place but WBA want to re-neg and probably cos they looking at Barnsley's cup run money...Its all very well WBA saying you can have him at the end of the year for free, but that decision left their hands in January as he's out of contract... and I'm guessing he'll take a pay cut THEN but in exchange for a nice lump signing on fee...

However I'm assuming WBA where paying all his wages or a percentage of his wages in the original loan deal, I'm assuming Barnsley simply wanted to extend the deal in place but WBA want to re-neg and probably cos they looking at Barnsley's cup run money...Its all very well WBA saying you can have him at the end of the year for free, but that decision left their hands in January as he's out of contract... and I'm guessing he'll take a pay cut THEN but in exchange for a nice lump signing on fee...
The way I look at it, even though he is officially, if they let him go now to the end of the season he's really moving for good.He aint coming back, and he's staying at Barnsley...I don't see why WBA should pay someones wages who is playing for a rival for the next 3.5 (or so) years for 6 months...The original loan deal WBA agreed to pay his wages (to help Barnsley out), now the circumstances of changed (they are cup rivals and he's leaving for good) they are well within their rights to do it IMO.We had to pay £750k for the privalidge of having Maloney for 6months extra when he signed a pre-contract with us.