UK, your time(?)

Yung Fly + Flashy

With acts like Dizzee, Lily Allen, Joss Stone, Amy Winehouse and more recently Estelle getting love in America, Is NOW the time for quality UK acts to make an impact?Or is the UK sound just a fad right now in America?
Good question.I think its a fad until one becomes a superstar there.At the minute a lot of them could easily go tomorrow & Americans wouldnt care/notice.

It's good the way you highlighted the word "quality" in italics. Certain artists think that just cos a few Brits are doing well in America that every Brit artist will. Only quality Acts can do well in America, other acts that dont do well always resort to the whole "they dont understand our culture so they gonna hate me" excuse.Also added to that list should be Natasha Beddingfield also maybe Leona Lewis cos she was on Opera yesterday and we all know the type of viewing figures that show gets. They still talk about Dizzee over there on a regular?

With acts like Dizzee, Lily Allen, Joss Stone, Amy Winehouse and more recently Estelle getting love in America, Is NOW the time for quality UK acts to make an impact?Or is the UK sound just a fad right now in America?
apart from amy winehouse, and joss stone all the rest UK acts you mentioned are still unknown (meaning they havent really had ANY serious impact on the billboard charts..which is what COUNTS). so when you talk about success is it really success or they got their pictures taken with kanye west and had a freestyle battle with mos def? is what the british 'urban' crowd call success REALLY success or blatant hyping cos you are so desperate to see them get successful. there is no fad to me as i can remember groups of UK artists going to the US and trying to break it as far back as 2000, wether it was pop or rnb they were still british and flopped, but as far back as 2000 at the same time there were some acts who went over there and made it just like some are today. no fad about anything.

Venom just spewed a whole bagga sh*t
ye it would be you to say that innit as ur the grim reaper of sh*t (meaning ur full of it). jwp said it when he wrote that only quality acts will EVER be succesful there, and the only people to have done so on that list were amy and joss stone, didnt craig david do well there by gonig gold on the billboard charts and presenting awards at MTV and the grammys, performed at soul train as well i think. that was in 2003/4 no? did mystique not try gonig there and flopped..cos they were sh*t. so many others have tried and flopped from time ago.was shola ama not a big hit in the US? how long ago was that what about Sade,omar, soul II soul, that is what you can call success in the US. how many of the UK brehs in the 1st post can fill out indigo2 over 3 shows? and you claim they are successul in the US. so basically if 5 QUALITY uk urban acts come out today they could as well make it in the US, it wont be a thing that the US somehow now likes UK artists, climb back into ur hole, dont spend ur 1 brain cell when theres no back up.

Venom just spewed a whole bagga sh*t
ye it would be you to say that innit as ur the grim reaper of sh*t (meaning ur full of it). jwp said it when he wrote that only quality acts will EVER be succesful there, and the only people to have done so on that list were amy and joss stone, didnt craig david do well there by gonig gold on the billboard charts and presenting awards at MTV and the grammys, performed at soul train as well i think. that was in 2003/4 no? did mystique not try gonig there and flopped..cos they were sh*t. so many others have tried and flopped from time ago.was shola ama not a big hit in the US? how long ago was that what about Sade,omar, soul II soul, that is what you can call success in the US. how many of the UK brehs in the 1st post can fill out indigo2 over 3 shows? and you claim they are successul in the US. so basically if 5 QUALITY uk urban acts come out today they could as well make it in the US, it wont be a thing that the US somehow now likes UK artists, climb back into ur hole, dont spend ur 1 brain cell when theres no back up.
Obviously only quality acts will break over there, but there is an interest in UK acts right now. Like I said before, I really dont think Estelle would have been signed with out Corrine Bailey Rae and Amy Winehouse coming before her. The pop scene over here is one that allows for quality artists to break whereas before there was too much focus on looks and general image, so you had people like Kylie, McFly and Robbie Williams dominating.The guy only named 5 acts and I reckon 3 of them could sell out the indigo2 3 nights overThats the reason why UK acts are bussing now. Amy Winehouse isnt a new artist but her style wasnt the ting at the time so she didnt get much attention. Adele wouldnt have got this much news coverage, nor would Duffy. They may not have seena release. See what I'm saying? This is the new manufactured pop, its just has a lot more quality to it so people forget that.So with that being its a fad over here, it'll be a fad over there 'cause major labels deal with fad's which is then followed by the consumers being that's what they want to hear at this point in time.

its still not a liking for uk acts, all the major record labels in uk are american as well so there has always been a liking or a look out for uk acts from when ever. the american market is way jmore diverse so there was always room for someone like amy winhouse even if she came out 8yrs ago, or joss stone. thats why someone like norah jones sold 9m there how many yrs ago and they have josh groban going platinum from time these guys have barely scratched the surface here cos we were still going goo goo over busted. now you got a differnt type of quality and come like its new.

its still not a liking for uk acts, all the major record labels in uk are american as well so there has always been a liking or a look out for uk acts from when ever. the american market is way jmore diverse so there was always room for someone like amy winhouse even if she came out 8yrs ago, or joss stone. thats why someone like norah jones sold 9m there how many yrs ago and they have josh groban going platinum from time these guys have barely scratched the surface here cos we were still going goo goo over busted. now you got a differnt type of quality and come like its new.
Time will tell innit, but I guarantee when Duffy goes over there and dun's it UK acts will be getting signed by Yank labels. What you have to realise is, they are desperate for anything that is selling because of the current climate. The bandwagons are gonna get jumped on sooner than before so the length of time spent analysing the situtation will be shorter and risks that wouldnt have been taken before will be taken now.