Your favourite samples

Baroness.

In Hip-Hop production, sampling is heavily used and alot of producers are renown for it,

what sample-beats are your favourites?

Thought to make this topic cos i love researching hip-hop beats and finding out who produced them, where they got the sample from and then listening to the original.One i've been listening to recently , also one of my favourites is:J Dee's 'Runnin' for the Pharcyde on 'Labcabincalifornia' (1995)Sampled from Stan Getz's 'Suadade Vem Correndo'00:50-00:59 and 2:06 and 2:47Get goosebumps when i hear the original sample man, beautiful.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep

Isley Brothers - Footsteps In The DarkUsed for..."that guy" Cube - It Was A Good Day (rmx)Slum Village - Call MeJ Dilla - Won't DoDont think Ill do vids for them as this will be something where everyone posts but doesnt watch =\Tbh I was thinking of starting a thread with lists of songs & samples incase other people wanted to use or jus listen to em, but then I thought nah, thats sh*t. brb.

Isley Brothers - Footsteps In The DarkUsed for..."that guy" Cube - It Was A Good Day (rmx)Slum Village - Call MeJ Dilla - Won't DoDont think Ill do vids for them as this will be something where everyone posts but doesnt watch =\Tbh I was thinking of starting a thread with lists of songs & samples incase other people wanted to use or jus listen to em, but then I thought nah, thats sh*t. brb.
Nah do vids please, topic will just be mostly text and not enough music if not.Beats sick

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
Nah do vids please, topic will just be mostly text and not enough music if not.Beats sick
Yup, but it is unchanged from footsteps in the dark, as a lot of the beats in the early 90s/late 80s were <--quite a good vid lol <----The f*ck*ng magnificent J Dilla.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
Reh Dilla's sounds completely different, to the "that guy" cube one, didn't even clock that's where the sample was from
Yeh I ddint for a while..still sick though, one of my favourite songs..

2Pac - Do For Love (prod. by J Dila) sample from Bobby Caldwell - What you Won't DoNas - Poppa Was A Player (prod. by Kanye West) sample from Eddie Kendricks - The Newness Is GoneLewis Parker - Four Walls (prod. by Lewis Parker) sample from Eddie Holman - Four Walls (this song is so sick!!!)Blackstar - Respiration (prod. by Hi-Tek) sample from Don Randi - The Fox (still searching for this track)Jay-Z - Dead Presidents II (prod. by Ski) sample from Lonnie Liston Smith - Garden Of PeaceMurs - The Pain (prod. by 9th Wonder) sample from Buddy Miles - PainMurs - D.S.W.G. (prod. by 9th Wonder) sample from The Moments - I Feel So Good AgainMurs - Dreamchaser (prod. by 9th Wonder) sample from Willie Hutch - A Love That's Worth HavingJay-Z - December 4th remix (prod. by 9th Wonder) sample from Outkast - You May DieRapper Big Pooh - My Mind (prod. by Khrysis) sample from Bob James - Feels Like Making Love (someone find this track for me please)Little Brother - Watch Me (prod. by Khrysis) sample from Michael Jackson - With A Child's HeartLittle Brother - Sincerely Yours (prod. by 9th Wonder) sample from Jerry Butler - What Goes AroundSupastition - Baby (prod. by ???) sample from Donny Hathaway - I Love You More Than You'll Ever KnowLudacris - Child Of The Night (prod. by ???) sample from Teena Marie - Portuguese LoveLil' Kim - Came Back For You (prod. by Kanye West) sample from Irene Reid - Didn't WeNas - Undying Love (prod. by L.E.S.) sample from Kenny Rankins - While My Guitar Gently WeepsNas - You're Da Man (prod. by Large Professor) sample from David Holmes - Sugar Man and the Theme from Exodus OGRedman - Smoke Buddah (prod. by Redman) sample from Rick James - Mary JaneRedman - Supaman Luva 3 (prod. by Erick Sermon and Redman) sample from The Heath Brothers - Smiling Billy Suite Pt. 2If I could be bothered, I would shower down this topic. I actaully spend time trying to find alot of samples, especially to listen to the original and perhaps try and make a track using the sample.

That Footsteps in the dark track was also sampled by Redman on the Muddy waters track "What U Lookin' 4".And let's not forget Redman - Can't Wait has a sample from Mary Jane Girls - All Night Long and Bob James - Caribbean Nights

That Footsteps in the dark track was also sampled by Redman on the Muddy waters track "What U Lookin' 4".And let's not forget Redman - Can't Wait has a sample from Mary Jane Girls - All Night Long and Bob James - Caribbean Nights
So does MF DOOM - One BeerMurs - The Pain (prod. by 9th Wonder) sample from Buddy Miles - PainMurs - D.S.W.G. (prod. by 9th Wonder) sample from The Moments - I Feel So Good AgainCannot find that song anywhere on the internet I've searched the sh*t out of itOh and it's Pendergrass.

Guest Mr. Estacado

swiss - cry (the version without sharifo plz)/michael jackson - its the falling in lovejay z - lucifer/max romeo - chase da devil (GTA san andreas k-jah listeners know what time it is)jay z - cant be life/lenny williams - since i met you (double whammy of tunes right there)nas - it ain't hard to tell/MJ - human nature, and a heap of other songsmeth - all i need (the original on tical)/marvin gaye - yr all i need to get bykanye - hey mama/donal leace - today wont come againAZ - yr world dont stop/lou donaldson - yr welcome stop on bykillah priest - basic instructions b4 leavin earth/ohio playrs - our love dieddoc brown - decision decisions/some peter pan-raiders of the lost ark type of tunethese are all the 1z i can remember off the top of my lengman headshape.respiration is a sick tune tooand oh yh - royce da 5'9 - heartbeatdunno what the sample is tho

havoc is one of the sickest guys at flipping samples theres many examples i cud draw for,but he is a class act tbh,not just bait ones,like the one for mobb deep-apostles warningmichael jackson-people make the world go round (originally by stylistics,also an interpolation used by wc on 'gangsters make the world go round..)many of the old school music i have been able listen to came from finding tracks sampled from hiphop tbh,may come back with more,oh heres a few,speaking of rza on ironman albumbob james- nautilusghostface,raekwon,cappadonna-daytona 500also the track that samples al green cant remember wat either of the tracks are called,oh here they areal green -you outta be with meghostface,raekwon,cappadonna-iron maidenand let me just fling this in quasimoto - MHBswhich sampleskool and the gang-little childrenwhich was also sampled onAZ- ho happy jackiemostly old stuff i dont know wat cats are sampling nowadays probly spice girls and aquaoh heres a bonus one wer theyve done it for mejean plum 'here i go again' into mobb deep 'win or lose' by alchemist

Ludacris - Child Of The Night (prod. by ???) sample from Teena Marie - Portuguese Love
The composition of portuguese love is like no other ive ever heard before, beautiful
When the chorus in Portuguese Love drops, everything slows down and its just me and the song.

havoc is one of the sickest guys at flipping samples theres many examples i cud draw for,but he is a class act tbh,not just bait ones,like the one for mobb deep-apostles warningmichael jackson-people make the world go round (originally by stylistics,also an interpolation used by wc on 'gangsters make the world go round..)
Swear i could listen to his beats all day.That portuguese love tune is lovely, stumbled across it only like last year on vinyl in my front roomMore faves of mineMobb Deep - Drink away the painSampled fromThe Headhunters - I Remember i made you cryNas - The World Is YoursSampled fromAhmad Jamal - I Love Music (beautiful piece of music, sample doesn't come in till like halfway and it's a more quiet part of the tune and quite short, pete rock's a badman for this)