FAO Bane

Action Dan

From Rob Mclean on PesFan

This is going to be a long one. I have never ever posted on this subject in any great depth because i just laugh seeing all these Barca/cutback/brazil/inter/whoever noob/cheap threads.Please dont comment unless you read it properly. I dont mind if you dont wanna read it because it is pretty damn long, but dont leave comments if you are going to disagree with things without reading it.But i have decided to give my insight into this, which a lot of people wil not agree with, and i feel its down to them not playing at a high level of PES enough. And i say that with all due respect. An example of this would be - On PES4, i barely played the game, it used to annoy me that people could lob the ball over my whole defence and then lob my goalkeeper with R1 from any sort of distance and i felt helpless, i felt it was cheap and sad to use this move over and over again when there was nothing that i felt could be done about it. When in reality, it was just down to my poor defending but i was never going to say that.I will make a few short definitions.Good playTo me, good play is when someone scores a well worked goal (duh). Some good passing, picking out free players well and finished off with a ruthless finishing. For example, if you are counter attacking, it will normally go down the wings or straight through the middle, and you may have a 3 on 3 or a 2 on 1 or whatever. You need to use your players to make this an uneven battle in your favour, which inevitably leaves a tap in OR a chance for a good shot on goal with players not pressuring you for a while. Some call this cheap, i call it good play. Another example of good play is even in 30 yard shots, i dont consider these lucky. If you have the ball and spot there is a good chance of shooting and seeing it fly in the top corner or be curled into the top corner, this is the sign of a good player. Cheap playLets start where i left off. Long shots. If you just get the ball with Adriano/Zlatan/Scholes/Lampard/Deco and turn and shoot straight away and it flies into row Z 5 times before finally finding your net, this is what i would define as cheap play. It is just shooting in the hope it will somehow find its way into the net, rather than spotting an opening. I am not going to discuss too much about cutbacks here because i am giving that its very own little part!Another instance of cheap play, to me, is abusing super physical strong players online, where it wouldnt work offline. This i partly blame on Konami for their AWFUL servers and i partly blame on the player for taking advantage of them. Everyone knows the players we are talking about. Drogba, Ballack, Zlatan, Adriano, Viera, and the list goes on. Their physical strength means that at times it is possible to just turn, and literally run THROUGH 3 or 4 players at a time as if they are not there (which causes problems if its your last line of defence. Obviously you are going to stand off and do your best and try and put in a foot or slide when the opportunity arises but online at the moment, this can seem impossible at times. Offline, i have handled Inter Milan perfectly so far and seem to be able to block these type of players out for a whole game at a time (3-0 vs Keenan offline with him having minimal chances is my biggest example. Sorry Keen, not a personal dig but that game was just domination and at the moment, theres no chance of it happening online but it happened in our one game offline, hmmmm.). Online however, these players who play on the law of averages, shooting from anywhere, just throwing balls into the box and bashing square and generally trying to run through all your players with "physical freaks" is very very hard to stop under bad lag.Cutbacks Here is where my thoughts about cutbacks are. I really think people who moan about cutbacks have two problems.1) They are overlooking the fact that its not the actual cutback that is the problem, its the way that the cutback is created that is the real problem.2) With teams such as Barca/Man Utd/Real Madrid (the very very fast teams) they actually arent that hard to defend. Tip for defending cutbacks.You just stand off as long as you can and try to mark the man in the middle whilst making your goalkeeper advance to pressure the person who is shooting (try it, if its vs someone who just cutbacks, they will more than likely bottle it and the goalie will save it. Be careful though, vs good players they will try to go round the goalie and you may lose your keeper or a goal, but this is infinitely more hard for them to score than a cutback is.)The Problem online at the momentThe problem online at the moment is two things. To the barca haters - Just try that little thing up there and see what happens. DO NOT PLAY ON LINE A DEFENCE because its just going to leave you exposed vs good players as they will inevitably, due to the speed of the game, get in behind you and leave you with the 2 on 1 situations which leave you so frustrated. YES, Barca are a very very fast team with lots of insane dribblers but its not really that big a problem if you limit their runs onto your goal, line B or C defence should help achieve this and dont use A for your auto offside trap either, well i wouldn't but its not quite as fatal as line A defence. Think about it, if you stand off them, what more can they do? pass it around and shoot = good goal? Limit them to that and then it will be good goals...Where the problem lies for me is, again, when players abuse physical players ONLINE.Inter are the main culprits because i can defend people just trying to abuse teams speed, just block off the passing lines and stand off them and its very easy.Inter really dont bother me too much offline but whats annoying me online is not the cutbacks but quite the opposite. All that anyone is really having to do to rack up a good record online is use Inter and play on the law of averages. Shooting at every opportunity with the powerful strikers Zlatan, Adriano, Souza and push midfielders out the way with Viera and co. With the lag, this is very hard to stop cos before you know it they have turned and barged your player out the way and these split seconds (or multiple seconds at the moment) of lag can cause huge problems even for experienced players like me because the second they get one on one with a player you have a problem. I try to stand off them and put a foot in and dont get me wrong, more often than not i win the challenge but i doubt its the same for most players as they can just run in a straight line and if the game lags then they are past you and you can do nothing. Then you have another dilema. They have a 2 on 1 with your defender and they have their spare man. A smart player uses the tips i showed earlier to block the easy tap in and make them work for their goal, BUT with these powerful players you just need to shoot anywhere really and it will fly past the goalkeeper online. So its not the cutback situation bothering me, its the fact they can just shove all my players out the way and then have the 2 on 1 situation with an easy finish with powerful players. Offline its not too big a problem because i can always see what im doing so it wont just let him laggily run through my players and be in on goal.The Barcelona debateA lot of people are moaning about Barca and its easy to see why. Henry, Messi, Eto'o, Deco, Gudjohnsen just to name a few world class strikers on this game and a lot of them have one thing in common - PACE. Which is where the cutback problem lies for you guys i guess, because they run in behind your defenders and your defenders find it impossible to catch them, leaving them with cutbacks again and again. Here is a few small tips to overcome this because i really dont think its too hard.Dont play on LINE A Defence or A for your auto offside trapSTAND OFF the wingers when they get the ball or recieve a pass, dont try to intercept the pass unless you are SURE you will get itstand off, stand off, stand off. If they pass backwards, dont follow the ball, follow the man who made the pass and is now running down your wing! Move forward again once this player sprints into an offside position so that you dont leave your defence exposedWhilst standing off him, try to block any passing lines to his other CF who will be the "cutback man" or "crossing man". Make sure you stand off far enough that he cant run down the wing and be past you too quickly whilst you are thinking about the passing line.You WANT him to pass backwards and then try to play the one two, so play for this, more often than not they will do it and you can either play him offside or intercept the pass through as they will pass it just as you are trying to play him offsidePlay a 4 man defence minimum. Basic stuff.PES seems to value very tall players in defence, regardless of their stats. If you have any really tall fast players, put them in the heart of your defence - ala Thuram. I havent really worked out how to defend online vs the cheap inter players yet, i think its a problem which Konami need to resolve by fixing their awful servers as i dont have anywhere near the same problems offline.To round this thread off i will try and make a quick summary. And this is very vague so dont read into it too much.
Good playerA good player will pass the ball about in a variety of ways and try to create the situations whereby there is a 2 on 1 situation with the defence. In this situation, a good player WANTS the cutback man to be marked so they can take their time and have a good strike on goal. However a poor defender will run to the man with the ball to stop the shot, leaving the tap in. Making the keeper rush out is the best option to cause problems for the man shooting. A good player will block passing lines and stop the potential easy goals, obviously not all the time but enough to stop it being a major problem. They will try long shots when they see an opening and have enough time and space to judge the shot or if they see a possiblilty for a quick strike they may try that too.Poor/Cheap playerTo me, a poor/cheap player will play as a physical team (predominantly but not essentially), mainly Inter. They will pass the ball to their "special" players and try and run through the defence (which is the main problem, online) before either looking for the cutback or if this is blocked they will just hammer it anywhere and it will go in more often than not despite very little skill being used in the shot. This type of player will also shoot from distance, not really aiming for anywhere other than vaguely directing it towards the corner. They will also lump it in the box if their run into the box is blocked. They wont really care where the cross goes as long as it goes in the middle and they can bash square.I really dont think the poor/cheap players are that hard to defend offline in this version and if Konami had perfect servers so online was perfect like Fifa, i think they could have saved themselves a hell of a lot of negative publicity.This is probably the most effort i have ever put into a thread and it will be interesting to see what people agree with and disagree with. The fact it was too big for one post tells its own story! I felt i was in a better position than most people to try and define what cheap play is so i thought id give it a good shot and see what people thought. Hopefully the cutback tips are useful too because i can see it is a clear problem for a lot of people. If you have took the time to read this thread, thank you. If you have just flew through it in about 1 minute, please dont leave silly comments.
Read, revise and recite all 100 times before you play tonight.Help me, to help you.

can someone get a clip on youtube of a cutback cos im not fully sure what 1 is i just here man moaning about it all the time
Sprinting down the wings and then pulling it back for another player to tap in.Some players have super human strengths which makes it hard to prevent them getting to the byline to pull it back.Couldn't find it on youtube.

please dont quote the first post lol
co sign, smh @ D.BRAIN being a flashback orgininal n still making dem mistakes dere lol.on da real though i think its a matter of opinion of dere being a difference of player abilities on n offlineEITHER WAY UR STILL sh*t D.BRAIN, DNT CHANGE NOTHING.Big up rob giving d.bain a nice excuse for his shitness at pro