Dissaproving Parents

Mr. Martinez

Basically I been with my chick for a while now. Met her folks the other day, she's from a very VERY priveleged background and I ain't gon lie I'm from the gutter.I dressed and acted accordingly and showed them as much respect and courtesy as I possibly could have.HOWEVER, her daddy called her for a chat soon after I left and although denied it was simply to do with me, questioned her whole life and spoke to her like she was a d*ckhead basically. She's doing her thing at uni and isn't even a little bit waste, so it's bait they just have a problem with me.She's upset that her parents think so low of her, and talk to her like sh*t, and I'm pissed because I don't want her family causing her pain simply cos of me.What I want to know isIs this going to overly affect our relationship in the future? Has anyone been through this similar thing before?Ultimately, I couldn't care less if they like me or not, but I don't want it to become an issue between us.Any relevant experiences or intelligent feedback welcomed. Thank you.

Dem ones, I feel your pain bradda. I've been on both sides.My mum, uncles & especially my auntie (head of the family) go on like your girls family. In my case they were proved to be right we ended up parting ways. They felt she didn't deserve me, she wasn't educated enough, her background is murky etc etcThe other time was recently with this beautiful Indian woman. As most know, parents of Indian chicks 99.9% AIN'T going to have a black man regardless of their success lock down their daughter. Straight disownage, nothing long.Anyway, we had lots of deep talks about it, she tried convincing her parents first on the sly then one just asked, lol, lets just say she had to lie that she wasn't with a black man coz paps was going to dash her out right there and then.The killer ting is she doesn't LIKE Indian boys that way & against all odds she's going to marry one to please her parents & stick to tradition. The only difference is she has choice on who he is.We still blest, go out, chill etc coz we didn't let the relationship get to deep that she'd have to choose.TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.Yes it will affect your future. You got some decisions to make. I know what you want to do so just ask yourselves if you can ride it out? Can you stay together without help of any description from her side of the family?When you eventually have kids? Will you let them see the baby?THE POINT IS IF YOU WANT IT TO WORK & YOUR HEARTS & MINDS R IN THE SAME PLACE, GO TRU & MAKE IT WORK.

my brothers ex girls parents gave her the altermaitum US or HIM !boii...there relationships all over the place because of it! but yeah...when parents start getting involved it gets messy!!!!if you really like her stick it out...show em what ur made of initGood luck

One of the worst things you could have in a relationship is a family who dissaproves of you or a family u dnt get along with.I dunno what to say cos ive never been through that before.It MAY become an issue cos thats just how it is, esp with parents and it MAY also affect ur future. But jus try to let it not happen. Dnt let the dissaproving parents win.

BUY THIS WEEKS ISSUE OF THE VOICE FRONT PAGE IS YOUjust be a good man to your girl and f*ck HIMbe upfront with the dude and say it like this "i know you dont like me but i dont care cos i check for your daughter and im here to do right by HER not you so just get used to it cos i aint going nowhere unless she dont want me here"you can often find that some man like this are bad guys themselves one girl who had a dad i KNOW didnt like me lolturns out he was cheating on his wife (my ex girls mum) with women on the internet.LMFAO

My ex's family got ALL inna our business still and I vowed that was NEVER gona happen again.When I got with my current they tried to invite me round and sh*t and I just declined, said from now on im gona do what I want to do.Been like 5 1/2 years and ive only really met them once, and that was when they tried to come round uninvited and we had a massive argument lol.But still, they know im a good influence so they cant really say nothing, the mum try give me some Next Vouchers at xmas aswell lol, so I tell my girl to say thanks, but thats it.

Been through it on both sides.If you are young, still living at home, I can almost guarantee it won't work.No matter what anyone says, until you have your independence, you WILL be influenced in one way or another by your parents.When you can make your own decisions and not be held accountable to anyone, it will work if you want it to.

My ex's family got ALL inna our business still and I vowed that was NEVER gona happen again.When I got with my current they tried to invite me round and sh*t and I just declined, said from now on im gona do what I want to do.Been like 5 1/2 years and ive only really met them once, and that was when they tried to come round uninvited and we had a massive argument lol.But still, they know im a good influence so they cant really say nothing, the mum try give me some Next Vouchers at xmas aswell lol, so I tell my girl to say thanks, but thats it.
thats kinda crazy i dont think i could be with a chick that long and not meet the fam or vice versa