Media's view on the Army

YGNB

How we are supposed to view these f*ck*ng idiots that join the army as 'heros'?
I think, regardless of the legality or reason behind the wars they are sent to fight in, these guys deserve honour and respect.Fighting for your country is one of the biggest sacrifices you can make because these people put their lifes on the line doing what they think is good for their country.

Guest Sean Ash

I think that you are not seeing the bigger picture here and you shouldn't be losing faith in those that offer up their lives, in order so that we can live peacefully here.We all have a different destiny, they die everyday for the good of our country and our people.If we were attacked, they would be the first people giving up their lives for people like you.I understand what you might be saying i.e. Iraq (a war that shouldn't have happened) but at the end of the day, they don't ask questions, they are sent to do a job, possibly a job that is beyond our own understanding but it is for the benefit of you and me in the long run.

they die everyday for the good of our country and our people.
laugh.gif One dies every few months. And thats usually some freak accident. I dont like the way they are automatically ASSUMED to be heroes merely for the fact that they joined the army, when really, very few of them actually do the things that people would associate with a soldier. When people think of a soldier in the army they think of bayonets, people fighting with limbs cut off and a man trawling through the harsh and muddy terrain of no mans land with his dieing friend slouched across his body. When in actual fact, that doesnt happen when your fighting the war they are currently fighting. That said, they are only doing the job they are instructed to do, and I dont think their job or commitment should be brought into question because they may not be actually 'fighting'. Id like to think if it did come down to a conventional war situation, they would do the thing that the general public are assuming they do. My opinion really.

Guest Sean Ash
sad that these uneducated men get sent to do the governments dirty work, but when it comes to iraq theyre getting what they deserve.
What makes you think they are uneducated?They're probably smarter then you and me both mate.

sad that these uneducated men get sent to do the governments dirty work, but when it comes to iraq theyre getting what they deserve.
What makes you think they are uneducated?They're probably smarter then you and me both mate.
Cmon seanyou and me both know that these guys are thick as sh*t99% of them probably believe in the war that they are fighting

Guest Sean Ash
Cmon seanyou and me both know that these guys are thick as sh*t99% of them probably believe in the war that they are fighting
Without their existence.. you and me both would be dead now.

Guest Sean Ash

I wouldn't say the army were thick as sh*t. I admire them all.If you are gonna call anyone thick as sh*t, call this government thick as sh*t.. not those that put their lives on the line for this country and then find out that their lives are being put into danger where they are unneeded.

Guest TimeBomb
yep thats why im sitting in the comfort of my home making money, and theyre in the sand dodging bullets. When they leave the army will be forgotten about, become alcoholics and live in a box somewhere.I agree they are probably smarter than you but not me mate, further more why dont u go join the army.

Guest Sean Ash
yep thats why im sitting in the comfort of my home making money, and theyre in the sand dodging bullets. When they leave the army will be forgotten about, become alcoholics and live in a box somewhere.I agree they are probably smarter than you but not me mate, further more why dont u go join the army.
I was going to join the royal green jackets actually but I failed the medical.

Guest TimeBomb
*finding himself partly agreeing with sean ash**considering getting a lobotomy*
na dont get me wrong some of his points were right, its true they made a big sacrifice in the 2 world wars, and it was obviously a worthy cause, but as far as iraq goes they have no right to be in that country, its an invasion and therefore deserve a backlash from the locals.

I understand what you might be saying i.e. Iraq (a war that shouldn't have happened) but at the end of the day, they don't ask questions, they are sent to do a job, possibly a job that is beyond our own understanding but it is for the benefit of you and me in the long run.
QFT.Lol @ Vaseline.

Guest Sean Ash
na dont get me wrong some of his points were right, its true they made a big sacrifice in the 2 world wars, and it was obviously a worthy cause, but as far as iraq goes they have no right to be in that country, its an invasion and therefore deserve a backlash from the locals.
Ok... Immigrants come into this country take up jobs, housing etc.Should I go give them stick?or blame the people rightly behind it all..The government.

Guest TimeBomb
Ok... Immigrants come into this country take up jobs, housing etc.Should I go give them stick?or blame the people rightly behind it all..The government.
well the immigrants coming here arent bombing ur house and killing ur mum, so i wouldnt really compare it.

Guest Sean Ash
well the immigrants coming here arent bombing ur house and killing ur mum, so i wouldnt really compare it.
Aren't they?

Guest TimeBomb
Aren't they?
hmm well i cant hear any tanks and fighter planes outside, so no, dont think they are.

Guest Sean Ash
it's not the soldiers putting their lives on the line that are to blame, it's the spineless bastards sending them to their deaths over bullshit.
Thank you.

Guest TimeBomb
it's not the soldiers putting their lives on the line that are to blame, it's the spineless bastards sending them to their deaths over bullshit.
we all know that, but that arguement means nothing to the iraqi people.