Entry into PES on the PS3

Davicious X

Having aquired my PS3 I finally got to play it last night, so what game should I play first was the first dilemma.Of course I picked PES since I had to get aquainted with the new shaped pad.This is a story of that first match.Inspired by the weekends coming football I decided to be my beloved Liverpool Vs Man U.Little things in the PS3 version are different from the 360 version like player balance, and I figured this out on the 8th minute when Giggs twisted and turned my defence on his way to goal number one.OK I thought and attempted to up my game, but for the rest of the half I found myself under immense pressure as ManU looked for the second goal. Keeping Ronaldo out the game was simple enough but Giggs balance seemed to overwhelm even Carragher.As the clock clicked into injury time Agger came across to help out and Giggs was taken off the ball.Ball pumped forward to Gerrard who somehow evaded the charge from Ferdinand, we drove into the box where Van Der Sar had been pretty bored. Diving at Gerrards feet, Gerrard went down and the ball spilled free to exactly the man I hoped it would.Torres acrobatically sent the ball home and we went into half time somehow level at 1-1Man U came out on a flyer in the 2nd half and it only took them 3 minutes to reclaim their lead this time through Carrick who somehow dribbled round Pepe Reina and slotting home into an empty net.They werent finished there either and Ronaldo was finally begining to come into the game as he had struggled to deal with both Arbeloa and Riise, but with Liverpool chasing the game, Arbeloa was off for Babel and Ronaldo was exploiting it.Beating 3 players Ronaldo to poked the ball past the keeper and the game seemed out of reach, but anyone who scores 3 against Liverpool knows their in for some tough times.71st minute and Torres fouled by Ferdinand about 30 metres out. (I couldnt tell you why by looking at the screen I could see exactly where the ball needed to go, things I couldnt see on either the PS2 or the 360 versions of the game.)Gerrard slammed the ball right into the top left corner and it was game on at 3-2. With that liverpool made a second change taking off Xabi Alonso (who was being dwarfed by Mascherano) and bringing on Crouch.Liverpool poured forward looking for that 3rd goal, Crouch hitting the crossbar with a header, Torres firing across the face of goal.Tactical switch for Man U as they took off Ronaldo and on came Hargreaves in their efforts to hold on but I responded with one of my own bringing on Pennant for Dirk Kuyt who for love nor money couldnt put in a cross that didint go to the keeper. It may have been a late substitution but it was right on time as the clock said 88th minute.Man U had become reckless in the challenge and this time Carrick upended Gerrard who from 32 metres out only had one thought on his mind as he stepped up to take the freekick.Firing the ball at supersonic speed, the keeper could only dive in the general direction of the ball and hope he got something on it.He did get something on it but the ball spun wildly into the air, Van Der Sar not having enough time to react as Pennant dodged round a block from Vidic and rifled the ball into the roof of the net. 3-3 and this game was going to extra time but not before a bit of refereeing madness.Man U had one last attack and Scholes who had been kept on lock by Mascherano finally sent a killer ball out left to Park Ji Sung who had come on earlier for Evra. Finnan had pushed so far forward that Carragher had to deal with it.Timing the tackle to near perfection the ball went off pitch with Park spralled on the floor.I was congratulating myself for a tackle that took man and ball (Theres no point in a tackle otherwise) but the ref saw it differently, checked along the line and saw that Park was the furthest man forward and not only that but the ref deemed it a bookable offense.But a RED?I was scratching my head, Carragher was as baffled as me but it didnt matter. We were going into extra time a man down where Man U's energy proved to much for us.With no more subs to make and only 10 men on the pitch we were done and dusted, Man U quickly recovered their advantage with 2 goals from Rooney, but Liverpool still had some fight left and they showed it through Babel in the 2nd half of extra time.Babel was instrumental in the 2nd fight back.Firstly Babel did a Henryesq dribble move into the box only to be thwarted by the post. Babel was showing that Neville (who had come on at the start of extra time for Wes Brown) was a pale shadow of his former self.Babel broke through again showing Neville a clean set of heels but this time on his way to the byline he spotted Crouch who only had to knock the ball home.5-4 was the score and even a man down we were still dangerous but Man U caught us on the break and once again Finnan was way too far up the pitch.Park Ji Sung came inside and took a shot. Reina got a hand to it but the ball continued to trickle towards goal.Riise turned on the afterburner and chased the ball down, but in his tunnel vision he didnt think to evade Park who had stumbled past the keeper. Riise tripped over Park and the ball softly deflected off the post, coming to rest about 10cm over the line.Every Liverpool head dropped, mine included. We had no more to give. 6-4 was the score and 2 thirds of the players on the pitch had no energy. We had spent close to 2 hours chasing the game and we just couldnt give yet another push.Man U seemed to have all the energy in the world though as they scored again just before the ref blew the final whistle with Rooney getting his extra time hat trick to make it 7-4 and finally putting us out of our misery.If I have a better game than this first one then I think I might enjoy my PS3 even if Im losing.

sounds like a sick game you hadbut i wud still beat u lolask matt beat him 6-1
It's true he did.Skemar is probably the best in England tbh, the way he used man utd against the mighty lyon was impressive.Though he has avoided a rematch like the plague tbh.
laugh.gif Well my play on PS2 and Xbox is, well I havent lost to a Vip member yet so let me get used to the PS3 version and I will close the chapter on another Vip speaker

Id play you in a new york minute but Im at work right now and the options not there.And I play really delayed, like I cant respond quick enough when I play after Ive finished working the 12 hour shift so theres no chance of us playing today cos in reality if we played tonight you would more than likely beat me.Thats not a cop out its true talk. Catch me on monday and I will give a hint as to my ability

tbh mate dnt get hyped wen u can boast scores of 7-2,8-1,8-0,12-2,10-1,10-2 or just scoring 7 goals in the first half or 6 goals in the first half hour i will take notice of u.
Amusing! Im not the type to need to high score to beat ppl, I actually am more proud of good defence.Keeping out hot heads that average 5 goals a game gives me a great sense of pleasure.Id just put 2 scrappy goals in to p*ss you off.But if you remember the posts of my achievments on PES6 then you know I have a way with goals.Like I said tho give me a minute to get used to the PS3 version I will entertain you.