Sign in to follow this  
Lucarelli

Help with beats

maybe switch up the hi hats more, like make em bit faster at few places in the pattern.some depressing beat but its aite.ders one of them different hi hats with a "chss" sound, put that somewhere.

Guest djbmc

the kick is triggering a compressor and it's squashing the sh*t out of the rest or ur track - either that or the whole track is too loud and the kick is causing peaks that are distorting and causing loss of sound. it reminds me of a tune from final fantasy 7, nothing wrong the actual composition tho - quite a melancholy piece.

the kick is triggering a compressor and it's squashing the sh*t out of the rest or ur track - either that or the whole track is too loud and the kick is causing peaks that are distorting and causing loss of sound. it reminds me of a tune from final fantasy 7, nothing wrong the actual composition tho - quite a melancholy piece.
safe do you know where i can find out how to mix properly in reason and how to level so the kick is not clashing out the base and that?

Guest djbmc

use ur ears as best u can, obviously if u want a nice, deep sub bass, then u want the kick to sit above it, but if u want a big booming kick, u want the bassline above it. Try and look at the way instruments are set out on a stage and pan ur things to match - but keep it balanced. Use the Reason manual and it will tell u about the different settings on the compressors, and everything that isn't bass, low cut at about 80-100hz. I'll have a look and find some eq and pan charts for ya!

use ur ears as best u can, obviously if u want a nice, deep sub bass, then u want the kick to sit above it, but if u want a big booming kick, u want the bassline above it. Try and look at the way instruments are set out on a stage and pan ur things to match - but keep it balanced. Use the Reason manual and it will tell u about the different settings on the compressors, and everything that isn't bass, low cut at about 80-100hz. I'll have a look and find some eq and pan charts for ya!
saafe! your bigg!

Basically what Humanity & DJBMC saidLearn about frequenciesMoretime its the fact that so many samples are unfiltered as standard, causing muddyness within your trackThere are guides and stuff, i can up a picture or 2, if u want a decent template for each individual sound.

Basically what Humanity & DJBMC saidLearn about frequenciesMoretime its the fact that so many samples are unfiltered as standard, causing muddyness within your trackThere are guides and stuff, i can up a picture or 2, if u want a decent template for each individual sound.
that would be much appreciated

Guest djbmc
saafe! your bigg!
check the sticky, there's a chart there.