Friends with an ex?

Scott Summers

Initially I thought no way, but reccently I've changed my stance.At 1st I cut her out of my life & made a clean break, but after thinking about it I decided to grow up & give it a go. She dont desrve that treatment as shes been nothing but good + im not a yout anymore. This girl is like family to me & we do get on very well. Like we can spend a week together, 24/7 & not argue, so we got the friends part spot on. Problem is i still love her & find myself treating her more than a close friend. & the more time we spend together the stronger my feelings get. Now I find myself catching feelings if she chats about guys & stuff. Normally im cold hearted but this girl gets to me differently. I know this is a problem, but f*ck it, I cant stop it & neither do I want to mellow.gif. Anyway have you man/girls managed to stay good friends with your exs?How would/did you react to them having a new partner?How do I maintain a balance? (if I ever decide to)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I did the same thing. Thought, "we were really close I don't see why we can't be bredrins"I was banging it again a week later...YOU ARE A MALE. STICK TO PHONECALLS NONE OF THAT 24/7 BULLSHITBut it seems like its too late cos you're fallen back in...

Initially I thought no way, but reccently I've changed my stance.At 1st I cut her out of my life & made a clean break, but after thinking about it I decided to grow up & give it a go. She dont desrve that treatment as shes been nothing but good + im not a yout anymore. This girl is like family to me & we do get on very well. Like we can spend a week together, 24/7 & not argue, so we got the friends part spot on. Problem is i still love her & find myself treating her more than a close friend. & the more time we spend together the stronger my feelings get. Now I find myself catching feelings if she chats about guys & stuff. Normally im cold hearted but this girl gets to me differently. I know this is a problem, but f*ck it, I cant stop it & neither do I want to mellow.gif. How do I maintain a balance? (if I ever decide to)
You've already answered your own question. And deep down, you know this can't run.

i personally cant/dont want to be friends with exestheres no point especially if we were not friends before we got togetheri broke up with my 1st love at 16 ,we remained close friends and because we moved together all the time and stayed friends i ended up marrying the c*nt at 23.you i wish i stayed away lolmy point is sometimes espcially if its your first love you mistake certain things for love but maybe its only because its only what you have been used to,your only used to that person so by staying around them when you split up means your not giving yourself the chance to mov on,your always going to b clinging on to your relationship in some aspect.i ended up divorcing because as we got older we changed and i realised w were only ever best friendsbasically i always think people break up for a reason, when you do you should go your seperate ways,if your paths cross again in the futur maybe its fate but until you have a clan break you will never know

lol I did the same thing. Thought, "we were really close I don't see why we can't be bredrins"I was banging it again a week later...YOU ARE A MALE. STICK TO PHONECALLS NONE OF THAT 24/7 BULLSHITBut it seems like its too late cos you're fallen back in...
Exactly why I dont chat on my phone lol.. & I dont actually see her everyday that was just an example. Truesay, I have fallen back in, but I did actually want to.

From time you say you still love her then you and her cant be friends.Unless you wish to be messed around.The concept of friendship is that its platonic both ways.Ive been in your shoes and the best way is to cut her completely out of your life.I mean, new mobile, new email, never see her, cold turkey.Some chicks actually get a kick out of holding onto you as backup.

let me put in in a next way that maybe WILL make you open your eyesyour dad and mother are together stillthen you find out that the person you called aunty (who is really just a friend of the family ) had history with your dad and all of a sudden you understand why your mother dont roll with her.DOESITMAKESENSENOW?kmt @ any one dense enough to not understand this sh*t this is the reason some relationships cant work.imagine im friends with an ex and im with my girl my main squeeze yet i got time to be friends with some next woman who i done piped out from whenever its UNFAIR your not giving you partner yourself fully if you got time to be doing that with an ex and as a man i can swear on anything holy that "STANDING c*ck TAKES NO PRISONERS" ill swear on my c*ck thats true so overstand that if a girl doesnt know this she will be the one likely to say "one thing led to another" of course it f*ckin did cos your rolliin with a man that wants to bone you.women man i swear to god you like to stand on the edge of the cliff and then when you fall off you wanna blame it on the direction of the windWHAT THE f*ck WAS YOU DOING THERE?kmt guys too any one endorsing this is a fool and ill embarrass any one of my friends in public if they be doing this ill bring it up at the dinner table "hey chantel didnt you used to be f*ck*ng your sons godfather?"nip it in a bud all women and men that take themselves and their relationship seriously dont allow this sh*t to go on and anyone that takes their partner seriously wouldnt even give the thought the time of day.lol @ my girl being friends with her ex them school boy errors there.ill repeat what i said before i got SISTERS and COUSINS i can roll with them most of you women have male relatives that you dont even roll with and they are blood relatives YET you got time to say that some dude that you f*cked is like a brother to you and you known him for maybe under 5 friggin years dont try that sh*t.lmfao AH WAH DEE BUMBACLART?if my sister ever said that some guy is like a brother to her id slap her lip gloss clean off her face cos thats a disrespect and i expect her to do the same if i did it.so much of todays society THINK this is okay and allow it and then wonder why so many relationships dont workLOW STANDARDS OF WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE.
To add to this i got a friend that is an ex all got 2 kids and gettin married etc and asking me to come visit.now i could go if i was GRIMEY and if im honest i doubt she would do something with me if i tried it BUTHOW DO I KNOW HER MAN WILL SEE IT THE SAME WAYi aint stupid and i aint disrespecting her man or their relationship THATS HOW IM BEING A GOOD FRIEND TO MY EXif i see her i see her we may chat for a bit on the phone or whatever but it goes no further there is no need to be reachin her wedding or what not its a complete waste of time my girl says she dont mind but i aint stupid if a girl sometimes says "NO" but means "YES" its logical to assume she just doesnt want an argument but i KNOW she wouldnt like it and rightly so and because i check for her enough i wouldnt do it anyway.you girls gonna keep thinking its cool til your mans is getting his hair plaitted at his exs house til 00.27 on a thursday night when he got the day off work the next day.lmfaoonce again the legendary quote"STANDING c*ck TAKES NO PRISONERS"make that your msn screen name or your greeting on your phone if you forget cos i swear on your hair dressers life i aint bullshitting you.and if your in doubt start rollin with your male relatives more and ASK THEM and then you might realise the fact you dont role with them is the reason so much bullshit with men takes place.

from your friends that you safe with are all exes your friendships are based on sexsays a lot of about any woman that is friends with exs half the man at her wedding are man that have f*cked herYES IT IS BLACK AND WHITELEVELS ARE LOW
no not really ur talking like every single ex and person are gonna be friends it dont work like that n beisdes u take into consideration that u can actually be friends witha female with out wanted to slam them if it was based on sex ud just be f*ck buddies not friends

THE POINT IS IF YOU BEEN OUT WITH THEM YOU f*ckED THEM IF YOU WANT YOUR GIRLS OR MANS EX TO BE THE ONE THAT HELPS THEM IN THEIR HOUR OF NEED THAT YOUUUUUUUUUU if you need help from an ex for your partner to be fulfilled you are doormat material.All you people saying "you get what im saying but............" lol you know that means really?it means you know full well that im right but you are just so acustomed to this behaviour that you dont see it as wrong but perhaps when you realise that all your options for babysitters are ex links of you or your exs that when you may realise that you done slipped so far you may aswell carry on with it.hold tight the crew that have lost the level of acceptable standards and find this behaviour okay we are truly worlds apart.im not on convincing anyone if thats you thats YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU LMFAOwhat deem as acceptable is streets ahead clearly which is why some people in real life just cant talk to me as i give them NO RESPECT them people get head nods but NEVER a nudge or an invite to anything im runnin ie wedding or family and friends ting.

All you people saying "you get what im saying but............" lol you know that means really?it means you know full well that im right but you are just so acustomed to this behaviour that you dont see it as wrong but perhaps when you realise that all your options for babysitters are ex links of you or your exs that when you may realise that you done slipped so far you may aswell carry on with it.hold tight the crew that have lost the level of acceptable standards and find this behaviour okay we are truly worlds apart.
no it means i understand your view dont mean i argee with them

hmm i remember my ex telling me he will always care for me and that il always be a part of his life, i was like erm ye sure i will be.after we split , we didnt talk for a few months but then started talking last november but then he got pissed cos i wouldnt go and stay at his for the weekend in early feb, i told him straight that he was a last resort thing, the place id go if i was that bored and had no plans with my friends.he said he felt like i was using him lolits 2008, enough with naive gullabe act , this year im ruthless.not spoke to him since, no doubt il end up bumping into him in the future, we know same people, go same places etc

At 1st I cut her out of my life & made a clean break, but after thinking about it I decided to grow up & give it a go. She dont desrve that treatment as shes been nothing but good + im not a yout anymore. This girl is like family to me & we do get on very well. Like we can spend a week together, 24/7 & not argue, so we got the friends part spot on. Problem is i still love her & find myself treating her more than a close friend. & the more time we spend together the stronger my feelings get. Now I find myself catching feelings if she chats about guys & stuff. Normally im cold hearted but this girl gets to me differently. I know this is a problem, but f*ck it, I cant stop it & neither do I want to mellow.gif.
I been/am in exact same situation.To be honest, the ONLY way you're gonna get to stop caring about her like that is to cut her out your life as much as possible. The more time you spend with her the more you're gonna catch feelings. And you can't even try find faults with her bout why you shouldn't like her, cos any other chick who does something you don't approve of would get sket status instantly but this one chick gets away with it, and thats a dangerous place to be in mentally anyway.BUT, if you just cut her out your life with no explanation (which is what i did) then it's gonna look a bit strange to her and other people. You should probably explain to her how you feel about her, if your lucky she will feel the same (chances are high she will, given how you feel about her) and if not then if she's the girl u made her out to be she will understand how you feel and keep her distance.