Friends with an ex?

Scott Summers

people use friendships with partners relatives as a next way of CLINGING ONlong for that you will forever have your ex in your sh*t im cool with my baby moms people but we dont ROLL DEEP im cool with her sisters husband but when we hook up its not even a thing of others can come.HOWEVER i take my baby mothers other yute (which aint mine) but its either i do that or he ends up joining pdc and my son gets involved somehow as his father is not about and is waste.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i've read, the author of this thread is acting like he's kool with being friends with his ex, he's getting back on her and sh*t, the question is, is she getting back on you?Even if she is, it'll end up f*cked up anyway seeing as you've both broken up over something.IF you do get back together, after the first few days or weeks of cuddling and sh*t your eyes will be opened to the stark naked truth of what made you break up in the first place.My 2 cents.Peace.

Guest PennyTraitor
women man i swear to god you like to stand on the edge of the cliff and then when you fall off you wanna blame it on the direction of the windWHAT THE f*ck WAS YOU DOING THERE?
f*ck OFF.NO JOKE TING LYRICAL

From what i've read, the author of this thread is acting like he's kool with being friends with his ex, he's getting back on her and sh*t, the question is, is she getting back on you?Even if she is, it'll end up f*cked up anyway seeing as you've both broken up over something.IF you do get back together, after the first few days or weeks of cuddling and sh*t your eyes will be opened to the stark naked truth of what made you break up in the first place.My 2 cents.Peace.
Nah no way that can happen, we've passed that honeymoon period stuff.. thorough us being friends. Only cold reality was that I had to grow up if I want the relationship to work.

• 1 month later...

ive recently come to the conclusion that being friends with the ex does not work.from when he gets pissed that i make other plans and don't go and spend the day with him and tells me there are plenty of more fish in the sea, im thinking, hold up, wait a minute, there have been plently of fish in sea for MONTHS, what you on about.the guy is in bitch mode at the moment, got a doze of man PMT.

being friens with an ex is a cheap fast and effective way of getting your d*ck wet.you do it cos you know all the curves and pot holes already but a new chick brings new challenges and some guys and girls cant be bothered with all that so they just settle for friends and they scratch an itch every now and then.thing is that can actually hold you back dramatically in life.im not saying dont do it cos ive done it and enjoyed it and didnt regret it BUT you got to KNOW thats why your doing it dont go deluding your self and saying sh*t about your friends with parents etc you just lying to yourself.

Initially I thought no way, but reccently I've changed my stance.At 1st I cut her out of my life & made a clean break, but after thinking about it I decided to grow up & give it a go. She dont desrve that treatment as shes been nothing but good + im not a yout anymore. This girl is like family to me & we do get on very well. Like we can spend a week together, 24/7 & not argue, so we got the friends part spot on. Problem is i still love her & find myself treating her more than a close friend. & the more time we spend together the stronger my feelings get. Now I find myself catching feelings if she chats about guys & stuff. Normally im cold hearted but this girl gets to me differently. I know this is a problem, but f*ck it, I cant stop it & neither do I want to :D. Anyway have you man/girls managed to stay good friends with your exs?How would/did you react to them having a new partner?How do I maintain a balance? (if I ever decide to)
Read the part i put in bold back to yourself and think carefully. You have already answered the question and like some one else said deep down you know it. You dont want to be friends with her at all face facts you basically want a potential chance to get back with her. Men and women CANNOT be platonic friends so when your tryin to be platonic with an EX how are you even deluding yourself into thinkin thats gonna work? From when you've already been in a relationship and done things with her? That dont just go away you know and thats why you are in the position you are in now... From here i basically advise you make a decision you either use this "friend" excuse to try and get back with her and win her over and get your relationship back or you just cut all ties and leave her out of your life because the friendship ting is definatley not going to work so you have to make a decision on what you want but to be honest but most people on this board already know you are gonna try and win her back so good luck. Real Talk

thats long for me.there is only 1 in question and it aint happening allow giving these females satisfaction
lol @ me saying this SMH what i was meant to say is that if I was to become friends with the ex again it will only lead to me (or her) catching feelings and compicating the situation the whole point is to move on and it took me a while to do that so allow spoiling all that progress that I madeshe was not right for me thats the whole point why we split up.....just move on

Am not friends with any of my Ex'sApart from my previous and we were more f*ck buddies than anything. Before and after the relationship. Even tho she wont own up to that term. If I had a wifey that was still cool with her Ex. Relationship will get ended one time

My ex keeps calling me... says I was a really good friend before we got together blah blah blah...he good company and everything but thing is everytime we jam together I always start catching feelings again, and when I know there is another chick in the picture I get jealous and pissed off because of how we ended our relationship... but I don't know how to tell him I don't want to be friends... I feel badmind... Should I be blunt or just air him?!

lol, boy it can be done.can't be bothered to re read the whole topic again.But im friends with my ex, we still sex, i know she has had sex with other people (or person), she knows i sex other people.Most people will tell you the best thing 2 do is 2 lock her off, tbh it depends if you can handle how the situation will be. Me, i still have some love for my ex, but i can handle her doing whatever she does where ever she does that. i am over the worst when i initially found out she did the dirty. Yes it was a big disrespect what she id , i havent let her forget that, but i dnt bring it up every day or at every opportunity. Im just living my life so is she, i did lock her off for a period, but then we got back on speaking and sexing terms. I ask her if she is ok with the current situation, she says she is (maybe she is lying maybe she isnt) but we just do this ting. Now only you know if you can handle the situation, and what every1 esle will think.

My ex keeps calling me... says I was a really good friend before we got together blah blah blah...he good company and everything but thing is everytime we jam together I always start catching feelings again, and when I know there is another chick in the picture I get jealous and pissed off because of how we ended our relationship... but I don't know how to tell him I don't want to be friends... I feel badmind... Should I be blunt or just air him?!
Tell him how you feel. Not in a badmind way, it's obvious you can't handle the situation, so there is no point continuing it, as you'll get hurt later.

your brother says be blunt Then air him

lol, boy it can be done.can't be bothered to re read the whole topic again.But im friends with my ex, we still sex, i know she has had sex with other people (or person), she knows i sex other people.Most people will tell you the best thing 2 do is 2 lock her off, tbh it depends if you can handle how the situation will be. Me, i still have some love for my ex, but i can handle her doing whatever she does where ever she does that. i am over the worst when i initially found out she did the dirty. Yes it was a big disrespect what she id , i havent let her forget that, but i dnt bring it up every day or at every opportunity. Im just living my life so is she, i did lock her off for a period, but then we got back on speaking and sexing terms. I ask her if she is ok with the current situation, she says she is (maybe she is lying maybe she isnt) but we just do this ting. Now only you know if you can handle the situation, and what every1 esle will think.
I was tempted to go down that route because well it would just be a conveniant thing for both of us BUT he keeps bringing up the past and gets pissed when i put my friends before him and im thinking ffs we aint attached, of course im gonna make my friends my priority over you, your just like a last resort thing . He goes into some bitchy mode and starts blaming everything on me saying im the one who ran off in the first place, im thinkin MAN UP for christ sake.so therefore ive come to the conclusion the friendship is clearly not going to work

Guest Tronics

Used to talk to quite a few of my ex's but a combination of Uni and moving of houses deaded that.Still talk to one or two here and there, but it was never a proper friendship thing before so it's no big deal.Some friends have tried to keep ex's as friends but more time it's ended in heartache for one or the other.People will always catch feelings no matter how much they front.Only white people feel no way to be talking about next guys/girls with their ex's and them giving them advice on what lingere to buy etc.Nonsense all round.

Used to talk to quite a few of my ex's but a combination of Uni and moving of houses deaded that.Still talk to one or two here and there, but it was never a proper friendship thing before so it's no big deal.Some friends have tried to keep ex's as friends but more time it's ended in heartache for one or the other.People will always catch feelings no matter how much they front.Only white people feel no way to be talking about next guys/girls with their ex's and them giving them advice on what lingere to buy etc.Nonsense all round.
Thats how I see it. Me and u was never friends so its no loss really.

I was tempted to go down that route because well it would just be a conveniant thing for both of us BUT he keeps bringing up the past and gets pissed when i put my friends before him and im thinking ffs we aint attached, of course im gonna make my friends my priority over you, your just like a last resort thing . He goes into some bitchy mode and starts blaming everything on me saying im the one who ran off in the first place, im thinkin MAN UP for christ sake.so therefore ive come to the conclusion the friendship is clearly not going to work
Yeah, he's a bitch still. Never me.