Wireless Router Advice

Skola

So yeah im with virgin for my broadband, had it for time, my router still says NTL:HomeSo basically i beleive im lookin for a DSL router not an ADSL coz the cable bringing the connecting into the modem, doesnt come from a phone line, its a thick white cable comin from the same place as the tv signalim lookin for a moderately cheap wireless router, maybe £30-40Ive been recommended 2 brands, netgear and d-linkSo i found this on ebuyer:Netgear WGR614 Wireless 54Mbps Cable / DSL Firewall Router 802.11ghttp://www.ebuyer.com/product/48546its also on a site called digidave for a few quid cheaper but im not sure if i trust that placeso yeahwhat router do you have or recommend? is it worth paying a tenner more for extra features? etcany advice or comments welcomeCHEERS!

Guest Swiftie

Yes thats the correct router...You will still need the NTL modem though.. As its a coax connection..You then link up the router via LAN from the Modem..P.S - Dont forget to clone mac address on the router...*wonders why he offers free advice whilst he gets paid to do all this.*

Yes thats the correct router...You will still need the NTL modem though.. As its a coax connection..You then link up the router via LAN from the Modem..P.S - Dont forget to clone mac address on the router...*wonders why he offers free advice whilst he gets paid to do all this.*
safecoz ur a top bloke!i got a friend in a similar line of business to you and hes the samewas just lookin for a second opinion

Guest Swiftie
Someone tell me how to change the password on my router box thing I can't remember what I set it as and I need it to connect my PS3 online.
What model router is it?And why does one need the ADMIN panel in order to get a connection..Just plug in the CAT5 cable and your off... unsure.gif
safecoz ur a top bloke!i got a friend in a similar line of business to you and hes the samewas just lookin for a second opinion
Its kool, if you need any help down the line.. Holla at me.