shopkeepers expecting you to leave the penny

streets.

Has anyone else noticed that more and more shopkeepers are trying to just shut their till without handing you back your 1/2p change?I was at a shop today and bought something that came to £3.97. I gave the man £4 in coins and he dashed it in his till and just stood there like he was frozen in time. I said "excuse me, my change?" at which point he gave me a look like I was asking for his daughters hand in marriage then reluctantly gave me my 3p change.I can afford to leave 3p change, but its the principle. today's 3p becomes next years 10p and before you know it, shopkeepers will have signs on their door saying "NO CHANGE GIVEN"DISCLAIMER - i got a D in maths. even then i cheated.

I have noticed it though, you've got to stand there with your hand open for them to realise that you want your change. Happens alot in KFC as well.
lets have it right, them man pocket that at the end of the night. why you think every now and again you see one of them out on road with a JJB shopping bag.

I hate when you return something, say for example that was £19.99, and they ask if you have 1p on you. You say no, and certain bastards only give you £19 back. Thought the first time it happened, it was a mistake so I let it go, but it happened again. dry.gif

I hate when you return something, say for example that was £19.99, and they ask if you have 1p on you. You say no, and certain bastards only give you £19 back. Thought the first time it happened, it was a mistake so I let it go, but it happened again. dry.gif
u got skanked for 99p, noo wayyy u could of gotten a chicken steak burger with that

it adds up though say they take 3p of 100 times a week£3 times 52 = £156 per yeari reckon the average shop will make between 120-200 a year motherf*ckers