Anyone doing History at university?

8BALL

A friend has a first in History.He's looking to get paid 15k a year in his first job after graduating a year ago.He's pissed.Ang tight his brother earning 21k on his 2nd year as a FED.
isnt 20k the starting wage for policenuff people around me contemplating joining

really and truly what job prospects do people have if they study History at uni?Serious question. I'm actually intrigued
Finance, accountancy, law, the social services, journalism, local and national government and computer science.Among loads of other things.

It's long to become a fedAs I understand the process, through his explanationHe opted for the option of doing non-paid volantering for 17 sundays, but had the powers of real police non of that community support sh*tand then after that he got a real job thereand starting wage is like 16-18k i think

really and truly what job prospects do people have if they study History at uni?Serious question. I'm actually intrigued
Finance, accountancy, law, the social services, journalism, local and national government and computer science.Among loads of other things.
In what ways would a person enter law with a history degree?

Guest Nucleus
History degree -> GDL -> LPC (I think) -> Training contract -> Qualified solicitorHistory degree -> Sit the Bar -> Barrister

History degree -> GDL -> LPC (I think) -> Training contract -> Qualified solicitorHistory degree -> Sit the Bar -> Barrister
Plus History has alot to do with politics/law

myboy is he went ao amercia for a few months out there
That's what im looking to do2 years in Ukthen spend 1 year in N.America in university of California or something. Will be sickAll i need now is ABB*works*
he went in his first year still.
What university?Warwick?

i do a history module if that countsthey f*cked our criminology timetable up and so now we do a history module in the place of a crim' onei know ALOT of people who do history at uni though, truthfully though they're now starting to wonder how they're gonna use iti would of liked to of done it as a proper degree though...i've always loved history

i do a history module if that countsthey f*cked our criminology timetable up and so now we do a history module in the place of a crim' onei know ALOT of people who do history at uni though, truthfully though they're now starting to wonder how they're gonna use iti would of liked to of done it as a proper degree though...i've always loved history
hello there my name is Matholomew i hope ur vip2 experince is pleasant. smile.gifwats ur digits?

Would employers for jobs of that nature not prefer someone with a degree concentrated towards law though?It seems long doing a history degree only to then do a diploma enabling you to join a LPC, when you could just do a law degree and jump that first hurdle...and try and enter as a junior paralegalI only ask because like other people have said in this thread, I have friends who took History and then went into jobs which had no correlation whatsoever.Other friends are finishing degrees in History and although they enjoyed the course don't see where they can DIRECTLY gain a job other than teaching.Many people wish they took "insert subject here & History"meh. I dunno. best of luck anyway homie

Guest Sean Ash
Would employers for jobs of that nature not prefer someone with a degree concentrated towards law though?It seems long doing a history degree only to then do a diploma enabling you to join a LPC, when you could just do a law degree and jump that first hurdle...and try and enter as a junior paralegalI only ask because like other people have said in this thread, I have friends who took History and then went into jobs which had no correlation whatsoever.Other friends are finishing degrees in History and although they enjoyed the course don't see where they can DIRECTLY gain a job other than teaching.Many people wish they took "insert subject here & History"meh. I dunno. best of luck anyway homie
Knowledge is the key to all things.True say, if someone wants to take history, they should consider doing a combined honours.

I always thought a law degree was necessary to get called to the bar?Also a law degree automatically allows a person to do the LPC, i swear there would be a much longer route if the person did another degree to which it would be pointless as they mite as well have done a law degree in the first place if that's the path they want to pursue right?

how would u get into accountancy if you've done history?