Sagna Withdraws From French Squad

TF S4DK

Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna has pulled out of the France squad because of injury.Sagna was forced to limp off in the second half of Arsenal's 2-1 defeat at Chelsea on Sunday after appearing to hurt his ankle.It was a mixed day for Sagna after he gave Arsenal the lead at Stamford Bridge with his first goal for the club.Lyon defender Anthony Reveillere has been called up as a replacement for Sagna.Fiorentina goalkeeper Sebastien Frey also pulled out for an undisclosed reason, and will be replaced by Nice goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.France plays Mali in a 'B' friendly on Tuesday and face England on Wednesday at Stade de France.

Arsenal are set to be without Bacary Sagna for at least three weeks.The French defender scored at Stamford Bridge last Sunday but then injured his ankle in the latter stages of the game. Speaking to Arsenal TV Online on Thursday, the manager called Sagna's loss as "completely disruptive" that day and now it appears he will have to find cover at right back until mid-April at best. Or, at worst, the end of that month."He has an ankle injury and the first news that we have is that he could be out for quite a while," said the manager. "I don't know [exactly] how long he will be out but I feel it will be three weeks at least. Five is the [worst case scenario]."I have seen the injury again on tape. He wanted to kick the ball out and he twisted his ankle. That made it a bad injury."Otherwise Wenger was able to report a clean bill of health from the midweek internationals. Therefore, along with Sagna, the only absences are Tomas Rosicky (hamstring) and Eduardo (broken leg/dislocated ankle)."The international players are not all back yet," he said at lunchtime on Thursday. "But we have no real bad news. I have not spoken to some of them on the phone but if they were injured then they would have called. So it does not look bad."
and its 10 yellows now at thi part of the season, which is why Nolan out for Bolton against us...