Why England dont win

Admin.

I did say this around croatia game timme but after yesterday i think it needs to be repeated...The current league champions have 5/6 english players who are team regulars, champions league semi finalists, fa cup runners up, current league leaders and in the champions league quater finals...but the FA(capello doesnt pick the squad im sure of it) are blind to see and take suit of current world champions Italy who use a side with the backbone of Milan even though there are other italian players at less glamourous sides who are as good, hungrier and probably in better physical shape. Why do England just not use the united backbone, this fails me, whilst the likes of Barry, Gerrard, Johnson and Richards are good there is nothing better then familiarity when playing in a football side.When England Lost at home to Croatia it wasnt no suprise to some(me) that no Man U player was invovled in the side.What will it take for these guys to all be the main focus of the England side rioferdinandbh1.jpgFormer Leeds United Captain, Current United co-vice Captain Should Be England Captainrioferdinandkf0.jpgMade his England debut in 1999 and despite 2 Carrer threatening injuries was at the heart of the united defence for the treble and is finding that form again now at right back.player-image-35002.jpgEngland got no technique, cant pass, no tactical awareness, well you obviously havnt seen him play.. top scorer in his position in europe last season out scoring fabregas,xavi, xabi alonso, pirlo etc.. art.hargreaves.gi.jpgChampions League winner with FC Bayern, Combative midfielder, who will get all over the pitch and do the dog work, leaving the attacking players to focus on what there best at. Nearly followed giggs into the field of sheep England should count there blessings they have him.rioferdinanduj7.jpgEnglands most naturally gifted player, might not score as many as he should but with him in the side you are more likely to win... and 14 goals at international level is not bad considering the suppliers.scholes_paul_mufc_profile_2006.jpgYeah but hes retired? NO he was forced to quit by the great Frank Lampard, but im sure if the FA called him and said look paul Franks relegated to the bench in an impact role we want you to start with hargo and carrick, he would jump at the chance... if he wernt ginger i would of sworn he was spanishBenFoster_596669.jpgNot yet but by the start of world cup campaign yes...dont even have to make an argument for GK position its a joke.-----------Foster-----------brown-rio©-Terry-cole-------------Hargo----------------Carrick-Scholes------RW--------------------LW-----------Rooney----------- would win championships, or at least compete.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol at the thought of England's national team becoming the cousin of Manchester United.Players at the top 4 already qualify by club association for the national team squad.To think they should get in the team purely for familarity is just a tad (never used that word before) laughable.

Lol at the thought of England's national team becoming the cousin of Manchester United.Players at the top 4 already qualify by club association for the national team squad.To think they should get in the team purely for familarity is just a tad (never used that word before) laughable.
I completely disagree.One of the traits of the England team down the years is they often just simply don't click.No matter what combination are put out it never works.And tbh, what wholesale changes are being made to the current crop?Obviously Gerrard would get the nod in midfield over scholes, and apart from that he's just saying Carrick & Hargreaves as a two >>>> Barry & Lampard, which is probably true.Our bench and back up would be ALOT stronger as well.

rather have lampard then gerrardgerrard by passes the midfield too much

I completely disagree.One of the traits of the England team down the years is they often just simply don't click.No matter what combination are put out it never works.And tbh, what wholesale changes are being made to the current crop?Obviously Gerrard would get the nod in midfield over scholes, and apart from that he's just saying Carrick & Hargreaves as a two >>>> Barry & Lampard, which is probably true.Our bench and back up would be ALOT stronger as well.
One of the key things about International football is that its based on CUT THROAT BRUTAL decisions, we have managers who simply haven't done that when the time has come for whatever reasons...At club level NO manager would have wasted 4 or whatever years trying to accomadate Gerrard & Lampard when it clearly didnt work, cos if they did they would be out of a job...While I see what your saying and the orginal thread, its hard to agree, as for example I rarely see Carrick & Hargreaves play together for Man United to say they know each others game.

Guest Mickey Kane

For the last 2 international tournaments, haven't England always had a backbone of Man Utd, Liverpool & Chelsea players?Rio, Neville & Rooney were guaranteed to play. Terry, Ashley & Joe Cole were guaranteed to play. Gerrard & Crouch were guaranteed to play. Bar Crouch, the players mentioned were starters for their clubs who consisted of domestic champions, regular CL finalists/semi-finalists and FA Cup winners.So that kinda nullifies your point.

no it dont apart from the 2 coles who were good none of them play with each other on the pitch

Guest Mickey Kane

The players I've mentioned bar Crouch have been played together, trained together & played against each other for 4 years straight. Even if the backbone of the national side isn't the same as its best domestic club side, it's been the backbone of the national squad for 4 years. There are CLUB teams who haven't had that amount of time together...

they dont though i showed you that in the first postand when they have done, england have achieved positive results....Mickey whats he use of nevile and rooney training together for 4 years they dont work together on the pitch....hargo, carrick and scholes can be our pirlo, gattuso and Ambrossini....

Guest Mickey Kane
they dont though i showed you that in the first postand when they have done, england have achieved positive results....Mickey whats he use of nevile and rooney training together for 4 years they dont work together on the pitch....hargo, carrick and scholes can be our pirlo, gattuso and Ambrossini....
Last season, bar this season, haven't Rooney & Neville regularly started for club & country?And like TF said, how many times have Carrick & Hargreaves started together for United? Wasn't there an article somewhere about United not starting the same midfield more than a certain amount of times for most of the season?And Ambrosini? LolDM: PirloCM: GattusoRM/CM:CamronesiAM:TottiThat was more or less Italy's midfield for World Cup 2006

Guest Mickey Kane

Oh and I forgot...Chelsea...2 league titles in the last 3 seasons...2-time CL semi-finalistsFA Cup holders...Ashely Cole, John Terry & Frank Lampard all start for Chelsea. Joe Cole has more or less been a starter for them in the last 2 seasons aswell as this season. SWP became a starter this season and still got a few games towards the end of last season.Bar SWP, they ALL start for England. No qualms. Even SWP was a regular under McClaren.Get my point?

it was de rossi not ambrossi still but that further backs up my argumentgatusso-pirlode rossi-tottiand when de rossi got suspended he was replaced by perottaclub combos thoughrooney - neville dont work ones a right back others a striker no combo edit your last post just shows how lost you are

All England need is a good manager

Guest Mickey Kane
it was de rossi not ambrossi still but that further backs up my argumentgatusso-pirlode rossi-tottiand when de rossi got suspended he was replaced by perottaclub combos thoughrooney - neville dont work ones a right back others a striker no combo edit your last post just shows how lost you are
Look, haven't we established that England have been playing with club combos for the last 5+ years?And pardon the little mistake I made in the last post. Ashley Cole wasn't in the Chelsea squads who won the league and reached the CL semi-finals the FIRST time.

combos on the pitch centerbackscentral midfieldersstrikersand a case can be made for full back/wingeri see no combos from what you are saying bruvyour lost take a seat and gather your bearings

Guest Mickey Kane
combos on the pitch centerbackscentral midfieldersstrikersand a case can be made for full back/wingeri see no combos from what you are saying bruvyour lost take a seat and gather your bearings
What did England win Owen & Heskey were starting?What did England win when Beckham & Scholes were starting? And yes Beckham was a 'winger' albeit a very central one at that.Please, tell me...Again, I'm not saying club combo's don't work but in ENGLAND'S case, it's not the issue here.

that team in 02 coulda won but they had danny mills and sinclair starting apart from that they were very good especially in qualifying them combos WORKED

Guest Mickey Kane
that team in 02 coulda won but they had danny mills and sinclair starting apart from that they were very good especially in qualifying them combos WORKED
But hold on, your whole argument was that England don't win sh*t because they don't use club combos. But they got knocked out with those particular club combos all on the pitch. With an EXTRA man at that. A match where they couldn't even hold the ball!And so what if Danny Mills & Sinclair were playing? You just said that it's arguable that fullbacks & wingers are as influential as centre backs, centre midfielders & strikers...

From team Greece can win European Cup with there squad, all you need is a manager who can can the best out of his players

Guest Mickey Kane

Oh I forgot this too...You mentioned the quarter finals of WC 2002. But didn't they reach the quarter finals of Euro 2004 & World 2006 too?Were club combo's in effect for those 2 international campaigns aswell?

With that backbone, England would be umpteen times stronger.Mickey fam, your slipping. How is Neville and Rooney a combo? They dont play ten yards away from each other.