Grime Music is the reason there are more stabbings and shootings?

The Somalian

Guest The Member
Music nowadays is NEVER a reflection of society. Its just talentless idiot running about telling other idiot whatever will make them look less like an idiot. Music nowadays represents and reflects nothing but the extreme minority of idiots in this country who feel they are superior enough to speak for the rest of us.Part of the problem really, people see Wiley as a reflection of society. IMAGINE THAT
You sound like apart of the problem...Of course music reflects society, it always has and it always will...How can you say people likedizzie rascaldimplesdevlinwretch 32bashygoodzghettoscorcherblack the ripperimpulsetinchyetc etc are talentlesssum bullshitIf you think you have more important things to say whats stopping you from doing it otherwise you might aswell just jam and stop hating..
maybe not talentless but they chat crap tho
specify what crap they chat.
feel free to quote lyrics....Go listen to...Dimples - The TruthBlack The Ripper - My Minds BattleScorcher - Thinking Out LoudWretch 32 - My LifeGoodz - The YoungersDevlin - Community OutcastFor example then come back and say they chat crap and that they are the reason that crime is so high...
those are not there only songsand you know their gun bars are much more popular

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mickey Kane
Music nowadays is NEVER a reflection of society. Its just talentless idiot running about telling other idiot whatever will make them look less like an idiot. Music nowadays represents and reflects nothing but the extreme minority of idiots in this country who feel they are superior enough to speak for the rest of us.Part of the problem really, people see Wiley as a reflection of society. IMAGINE THAT
You sound like apart of the problem...Of course music reflects society, it always has and it always will...How can you say people likedizzie rascaldimplesdevlinwretch 32bashygoodzghettoscorcherblack the ripperimpulsetinchyetc etc are talentlesssum bullshitIf you think you have more important things to say whats stopping you from doing it otherwise you might aswell just jam and stop hating..
Hating you know. Yea still, ive always aspired to be a grime mc but im sh*t at it so I cuss those good at it instead still. To say it reflects SOCIETY, is giving it FAR TOO MUCH CREDIT. It reflects a minority of the marginalised peoples opinions in London. Grime music represents so little of the society, its silly. Also, who said they were talentless huh.gifMost of those HAVE SOME talent, but like I said, 5% init.
Yeah, and only 5% of said Grime artists actually have any REAL influence so there's no point talking about the other 95%...I do agree you though when it comes to people saying it reflects society though. It is given too much credit. But it still does represent something that's happening in London. Whether you like it or not. It's got to a point where it's contributing to it but it never helped CREATE it...

the same ol crap about how they did this *insert some sort of crime*or they would do suttin to somebodythey may not be THE reason for these teenage killings but for me they are apart of the problem
See all of you are saying its apart of the problem...But your not explaining why its apart of the problem...

the same ol crap about how they did this *insert some sort of crime*or they would do suttin to somebodythey may not be THE reason for these teenage killings but for me they are apart of the problem
To be honest, anyone that doesnt agree with that is f*ck*ng stupid. Its just common sense you silly people.

Grime is only part of the problem
Why?
this is what im sayin its all brainwashing, and i dnt mean grime is doing it. this type of person believes its causing the problem without having a proper reason for saying so.if they banned music altogther do u think crime would increase or decrease?
no ones saying anything along those lines, but if you think grime doesn't influence young youts from broken homes, who don't give a f*ck about their action, then you sir need to take them headphones outta you ears, turn of your lappy and speak to the youts around your area.

maybe not talentless but they chat crap tho
specify what crap they chat.
feel free to quote lyrics....Go listen to...Dimples - The TruthBlack The Ripper - My Minds BattleScorcher - Thinking Out LoudWretch 32 - My LifeGoodz - The YoungersDevlin - Community OutcastFor example then come back and say they chat crap and that they are the reason that crime is so high...
those are not there only songsand you know their gun bars are much more popular
Quote there gun bars and source them and compare it to there positive music...You getting confused with people saying they will go and shoot someone and describing how people in london would go out and shoot someone over something so small etc...Not really otherwise they wouldnt be admired for being positive mcs...AlsoBig Narstie - Drugs Dont WorkAnother great song...But instead The news would rather credit Grime with being just about bedroom mcs saying blap blap il draw the gat...

Hating you know. Yea still, ive always aspired to be a grime mc but im sh*t at it so I cuss those good at it instead still. To say it reflects SOCIETY, is giving it FAR TOO MUCH CREDIT. It reflects a minority of the marginalised peoples opinions in London. Grime music represents so little of the society, its silly. Also, who said they were talentless huh.gif Most of those HAVE SOME talent, but like I said, 5% init.
Whats wrong with being a grime mc?So you wanna white guys in suits spitting about the stock market and how hard it was growing up in a private school and having everyfing they wanted in life...So it doesnt reflect the life of young males and how they grew up, what they had to do to survive and whats happening on the streets etc?Skeenlol @ saying only 5% of grime artists have talent...You could say the same for every music genre that ever existed of exists or ever will exist...
Probably the only HALF decent point you have ever raised on these forums. Fair enough. 5% of the people who are said to have talent, or are given credit in the grime world, actually HAVE talent. I dont mean 5% of the whole population of MCs actually have talent you f*ck*ng dunce.

Why?
this is what im sayin its all brainwashing, and i dnt mean grime is doing it. this type of person believes its causing the problem without having a proper reason for saying so.if they banned music altogther do u think crime would increase or decrease?
no ones saying anything along those lines, but if you think grime doesn't influence young youts from broken homes, who don't give a f*ck about their action, then you sir need to take them headphones outta you ears, turn of your lappy and speak to the youts around your area.
if your from a broken home and have nothing to lose anyway why would you give a f*ck about your actions...lol @ finkin its as simple as listening to RSGS and going out and shooting sum1....

Guest PennyTraitor
Why?
i personally dnt think its effecting them on the levels certain ppl are claiming in this thread. at the beginning it was 'ye grime is to blame, its sh*t' bla bla.now that opinion has been challenged a piece its 'o well its not totally to blame jus i think it has an effect'keep challengin it more and it will be 'ye i guess ur right'but anyway as i said yutes in my area are influenced by olders, and as i said they arent really on a music ting.

Dimples - The Truth - don't know this guyBlack The Ripper - My Minds Battle - has some thought provoking bars, but his mixtapes contain violent lyricsScorcher - Thinking Out Loud - c'mon now, this guy's probably the king of the knife bars. even though hes kinda mellowed down a bitWretch 32 - My Life - i agree with wretch, most of his sh*t is kinda positive, but his mixtapes also contain violent lyricsGoodz - The Youngers - not really a fanDevlin - Community Outcast - dealers would most probably get more plays on logan/westwoods show/rave e.t.c

Hating you know. Yea still, ive always aspired to be a grime mc but im sh*t at it so I cuss those good at it instead still. To say it reflects SOCIETY, is giving it FAR TOO MUCH CREDIT. It reflects a minority of the marginalised peoples opinions in London. Grime music represents so little of the society, its silly. Also, who said they were talentless huh.gif Most of those HAVE SOME talent, but like I said, 5% init.
Whats wrong with being a grime mc?So you wanna white guys in suits spitting about the stock market and how hard it was growing up in a private school and having everyfing they wanted in life...So it doesnt reflect the life of young males and how they grew up, what they had to do to survive and whats happening on the streets etc?Skeenlol @ saying only 5% of grime artists have talent...You could say the same for every music genre that ever existed of exists or ever will exist...
Probably the only HALF decent point you have ever raised on these forums. Fair enough. 5% of the people who are said to have talent, or are given credit in the grime world, actually HAVE talent. I dont mean 5% of the whole population of MCs actually have talent you f*ck*ng dunce.
Your problem with grime music seems to go deeper then the fact you think it is part of the reason teens commit crime....You got some serios hate towards it for some reason...Wow im a dunce, That means so much coming from you thankz..Dem life changing quotes dere...

Guest The Member
See all of you are saying its apart of the problem...But your not explaining why its apart of the problem...
coz it influences ppl as crazy as it sounds ppl listen to those lyrics think that coolthey want to live that lifestyle, they hearing them talk about i got this and that and i did this to get itto a young boy who doesnt have alot and wants what he hears them talk about, he may get from certain grime/hip hop songs that thats the only way to get itnow im not saying that all ppl get that from it coz thats clearly no the case

I was saying to him the music is a like a youth music and youth music is rebellious it always has been from them rock n roll punk ska rave etc all what the music does is give a voice to whats happening and what people are thinking same way it has from rock n roll punk ska etc
real talk
except the rebellion of old was "My son has grown shoulder length hair and is smoking cigarettes all thanks to The Beatles"compared to"My son has just murdered a young woman and raped her corpse all thanks to Wiley"
Yeah, like Billy Greyweather was living in the same conditions in the 60's than Jerome Patricks in the year 2007... rolleyes.gif
Ahh I forgot crime wasn't around in the 'the olden days'

Why?
i personally dnt think its effecting them on the levels certain ppl are claiming in this thread. at the beginning it was 'ye grime is to blame, its sh*t' bla bla.now that opinion has been challenged a piece its 'o well its not totally to blame jus i think it has an effect'keep challengin it more and it will be 'ye i guess ur right'but anyway as i said yutes in my area are influenced by olders, and as i said they arent really on a music ting.
bullseye.gifMost youngers fink grime will get them nowere but copying there olders (ie shotting and crime) will...

You know what makes me vexed the way we're portrayed in the mainstream presslike its our fault they may be a death, what you want me to say blaze me instead?they say we're promoting guns, well computer games do the sameinfact on a console you could be actually loading one, so whos to blame?even films give a nigger a route to kill, use your braintake note our scenes a scapegoat for the governments failurethey say our people die when this musics played, its becoming a danger
Ghetto.

Guest PennyTraitor
Your problem with grime music seems to go deeper then the fact you think it is part of the reason teens commit crime....You got some serios hate towards it for some reason...Wow im a dunce, That means so much coming from you thankz..Dem life changing quotes dere...
way i see it is hes one of those backpacker hip hop types that feels he HAS to hate grime because hes too above it.thats how it comes across anyway...not jus goin by this topic either..

Guest PennyTraitor
coz it influences ppl as crazy as it sounds ppl listen to those lyrics think that coolthey want to live that lifestyle, they hearing them talk about i got this and that and i did this to get itto a young boy who doesnt have alot and wants what he hears them talk about, he may get from certain grime/hip hop songs that thats the only way to get itnow im not saying that all ppl get that from it coz thats clearly no the case
i believe that happens on a certain level, a miniscule level. ud be stupid to say music isnt influential at all, but ppl are goin on like its turnt normal well behaved children into criminals because R.A told them to do it.

Why?
if your from a broken home and have nothing to lose anyway why would you give a f*ck about your actions...lol @ finkin its as simple as listening to RSGS and going out and shooting sum1....
no need for the "lol", its not really a laughing matter mellow.gif as i said music as a whole has a massive influence over peoples actions, it influences the way people dress, speak, walk and the type of people they interact with.in the case of grime, it does influence alot of the actions of the youts. all of this "post code" war, which was first influenced by hip-hop/rap mainly during our generation, grime has kinda added to the problem.

100% pie..I know for a fact most teens would rather bang out uncle murder and shot then write some lyrics and do grime...Most people i know do grime because of there love for music not to make money...Nobody who lives the lifestyle wants somebody who doesnt live the lifestyle to really experience the lifestyle...

Exactlylook how many people on here actually believe they are living in an idealistic hip hop songGrime will not influence any person with half a brain to stab someone, although we all know that many people who listen to grime do not have half a brain

Guest The Member
i believe that happens on a certain level, a miniscule level. ud be stupid to say music isnt influential at all, but ppl are goin on like its turnt normal well behaved children into criminals because R.A told them to do it.
i didnt say it was THE reason i said it was apart of them problem

way i see it is hes one of those backpacker hip hop types that feels he HAS to hate grime because hes too above it.thats how it comes across anyway...not jus goin by this topic either..
Current HipHop is worse for influencing the youth then grime imo...Yeah i do get the impression he is trying to talk down..