Can 2 people of different religions make a relationship work?

Guest Swiftie

Guest Swiftie

Who's been in a relationship... Not no f*ck buddy ting..Proper long ass relationship where your partner has been of different faith..How much did it come into play during your break up or happiness as it may be..Discuss

Me and my ex have known each other since nursery, got together properly in our primary school days (year 6) and was in a relationship up until we were 19/20. (so thats 6 - 7 years) The fact that she was from a different faith did not come in between us at all, everything was good, family got on and everything.So yes I believe it can work, if you really want it to.

for the past 5/6 monthes iv been in church reguarly, studying the testimony and giving praise to godbut iv also read parts of the krishna and translated quran with keen interest,what iv found is that a lot of what is professed in these books tend to overlap, im not here 2 say my 'religion' is right and others are wrong, because no man on earth can testify such a thingbut i dont think its the religion itself that is most important but actual FAITH in the Most High and taking into consideration the various main teachings such as respect, honesty and lovethose three things there imo are the foundations for a good relationship anyway, and also if u are both educated and RESPECTFUL to eachothers religion i dont see why it should stand in the way in church i see young GOD FEARING men, and im so attracted to their spirituallity, but its not that they are christian that i think 'yeah heas righteous' because when i hear young muslims talk about their faith with sincerity and conviction i feel the same thing.its more the fact that u have met some 1 that is trying to have thier spirit and mind aligned with their heart and soul. in the world we live in today, surrounded by so much deciet and sin, i would appreciate a partner with any sort of faithbecause once u have faith, u can work 2 wards cleanliness and perfection, it speaks volumes about u as a person, u limit what u desire in the material world and learn 2 appreciate other small things which we tend 2 take 4 granted due 2 out consumer mentalityso yh preaching done 2 cut a long story short,it can work if u both take the most important values out of those religions and apply them 2 ur relationship, remember, comprimise and tolerance are key 2 make anything work.

Guest TimeBomb

in islam, a muslim man can marry a woman of any religion, she can continue to practice her religion but the kids must be bought up as muslims, and being a pretty liberal muslim myself yes i could have a relationship with another religion.

but i dont think its the religion itself that is most important but actual FAITH in the Most High and taking into consideration the various main teachings such as respect, honesty and lovethose three things there imo are the foundations for a good relationship anyway, and also if u are both educated and RESPECTFUL to eachothers religion i dont see why it should stand in the way
this is also truth

but i dont think its the religion itself that is most important but actual FAITH in the Most High and taking into consideration the various main teachings such as respect, honesty and lovethose three things there imo are the foundations for a good relationship anyway, and also if u are both educated and RESPECTFUL to eachothers religion i dont see why it should stand in the way
this is also truth
c/s

i was going out with a muslim girl for about 4 months.Got long after a while because we had to duck and dive all the time to avoid her family n family friends n sh*t.she wern't even allowed to have a boyfriend but if she did he HAD to be muslim, so i never met any of her fam or nothing.i said to her theres never gonna be any future so we might as well allow it.

Guest Swiftie
!
Dont let me lick you with the tasbeeh..Any one been in a situation where your partner practically said its either you convert or he/she is off?Or the sly conversion topics come into play?Who would convert for love?

Guest Smokey
if u hadnt mentioned f*ck buddy....im currently bangin a muslimim agonistic or whatever the f*ck it is
lol u mean aetheist?
Agnostic broadly means non believing as well.
No it means we believe in a higher power we just do not follow any particular religion.

Guest Smell Of Death
if u hadnt mentioned f*ck buddy....im currently bangin a muslimim agonistic or whatever the f*ck it is
lol u mean aetheist?
Agnostic broadly means non believing as well.
No it means we believe in a higher power we just do not follow any particular religion.
yeajus dunno what to believe kinda thingbut jus dont reject religion

my muslim friend has always said she could never get with a non muslim person just for the simple reason that the guy aint a muslim.she said , it wouldn't matter about the race but he would have to be a muslim. for some reason i can't see her parents being too chuffed her coming home with a white/black guy.

Guest Swiftie
my muslim friend has always said she could never get with a non muslim person just for the simple reason that the guy aint a muslim.she said , it wouldn't matter about the race but he would have to be a muslim. for some reason i can't see her parents being too chuffed her coming home with a white/black guy.
Pictures of this so called friend...Insha'Allah she's up to par........

this is also truth
c/s

!
Dont let me lick you with the tasbeeh..Any one been in a situation where your partner practically said its either you convert or he/she is off?Or the sly conversion topics come into play?Who would convert for love?
LMFAO! Tasbeeh you know. Swift where you coming through with all this from?On a real it's too difficult if you're seriously religious, it just won't work. One has to convert otherwise you'll come with bare differences and all sorts.Also, it's not about someone converting to a religion cos of just LOVE, cos religion don't work that way. They got to look in to it for themselves and understand and take that step on his/her own, can't be making decisions for people.I've come across something like this still, girl didn't know what she believed but funny thing was she brought it up and made more of an issue than I did.