Players In The Championship And Below

Guest RBG

Do you think premiership teams should be looking for the next gems in there instead of abroad straight away...Seems to me there loads of wasted talent in there who should have been given a chance at top level...It seems most of a time players from lower leagues are only given a chance if there team is promoted to the prem...If for instance Ian Wright was around today i doubt he would get a chance at Arsenal now...Thoughts?

Nah definately.Reason Scotland are getting better is because Celtic and Rangers buy more Scots from shitter teams, players get better with better coaches/training facilities and before you know it your country is nearly getting to the Euro's despite being in a MUCH harder group than Englands.Remember Alex Ferguson saw Dion Dublin play for Cambridge and said he was magnificent, he didnt make it at Man U (injuries didnt help) but he went on to be a very good premiership player.Lee Sharpe, 1 of my favourite Man U players came from Torquay, theres a few gems still but with the money in the game now people cant or wont take the risks they used to.Would love the big teams to give chances to lower league players in the 1st team still.

Nah definately.Reason Scotland are getting better is because Celtic and Rangers buy more Scots from shitter teams, players get better with better coaches/training facilities and before you know it your country is nearly getting to the Euro's despite being in a MUCH harder group than Englands.Remember Alex Ferguson saw Dion Dublin play for Cambridge and said he was magnificent, he didnt make it at Man U (injuries didnt help) but he went on to be a very good premiership player.Lee Sharpe, 1 of my favourite Man U players came from Torquay, theres a few gems still but with the money in the game now people cant or wont take the risks they used to.Would love the big teams to give chances to lower league players in the 1st team still.
(x) Strongly agree.

the lower yuo go gernerally the better the player is techinically (not all of them) guys like lee trundle etc... if he had pace and was a better physical specimen he would be in the prem easy...