Arsenal to raid Barca again?

MrJibbles

Arsenal are reportedly set to raid Barcelona again for another play-maker, having previously taken Fran Merida Perez and Cesc Fabregas from the Catalan giants.The player in question is Israeli midfielder Gai Assulin rated as one of the biggest prospects in world football, a classy right footed goalscoring winger, blessed with awesome pace and technical skills.He started his career in the Beitar Tubruk youth ranks, however when he was just 12, his then coach Shlomo Scharf advised his parents to take him for try outs at Barcelona, they did, and Gai was accepted, he would then go on to play in various positions from striker, to winger and central midfield.His amazing talents meant many of the top clubs in the world tried to pry him away from the Catalan Academy, with his agent claiming the club had turned down offers from Chelsea and Arsenal for his services, and in August 2007, Assulin graduated to the FC Barcelona B team, and was offered a new contract with a €20M buy-out clause.In September 2005, aged just 16 he made his senior debut against Girona FC in the semi-final of the Copa Catalunya, playing 45 minutes, getting the attention of Frank Rijkaard and the other coaching staff.With Barca B being relegated in the summer, it meant that in order to hold on to the biggest prospects they had to sign expensive professional deals and be involved in the first team, or risk being prised away, however with the club having a large squad of more established players, Assulin has again had to ply his trade in the clubs B team meaning that he soon become frustrated despite 5 goals in 9 games.Gai is on the verge of being capped by Israel this week despite being just 16 years old, and agent Pini Zahavi admits that a few clubs have made offers for his services with the Gunners thought to be leading the race.
“It’s true that my offices has received some offers for the player.”
Assulin received Spanish citizenship in May, meaning that if Arsenal agreed a deal, he would be able to play straight away, meaning that a loan to Link club Salamanca seems unlikely.If you would like to see more on the exciting prospect, including videos and pictures, visit his website http://www.gaiassulin.com/http://youngguns.wordpress.com/2008/03/24/...onfirms-offers/
We shall see.

Another ''prospect''...Need to buy for now aswell as the future...Gonna end up bare midfielders on your hands aswell...Seems like you just buy youngers so no one else can sign them...

Israeli starlet Gai Assulin is ready to shun English interest to remain at Barcelona.The 16-year-old midfielder made history on Wednesday evening when he became his country's youngest ever international when he came on for Yossi Benayoun during their 1-0 win over Chile.Assulin is one of the leading lights at La Masia - Barca's youth academy - and is currently featuring for their B side.Barcelona are determined to hand him an extended contract and a three-year deal is waiting for him but once again the Catalunyan giants are being forced to fend off interest from the Premier League in one of their prized youngsters.Chelsea and Manchester City are both understood to have made enquiries with his agent Pini Zahavi in recent weeks, and he admits they are amongst the interested clubs - but he also insists Assulin is more than happy at Barca."Those teams are interesting and we will never say no," Zahavi is quoted in the Daily Star."But Gai feels good in Barcelona."Previously both Arsenal and Tottenham were said to have made offers for the young talent.

Arsenal are reportedly set to raid Barcelona again for another play-maker, having previously taken Fran Merida Perez and Cesc Fabregas from the Catalan giants.The player in question is Israeli midfielder Gai Assulin rated as one of the biggest prospects in world football, a classy right footed goalscoring winger, blessed with awesome pace and technical skills.He started his career in the Beitar Tubruk youth ranks, however when he was just 12, his then coach Shlomo Scharf advised his parents to take him for try outs at Barcelona, they did, and Gai was accepted, he would then go on to play in various positions from striker, to winger and central midfield.His amazing talents meant many of the top clubs in the world tried to pry him away from the Catalan Academy, with his agent claiming the club had turned down offers from Chelsea and Arsenal for his services, and in August 2007, Assulin graduated to the FC Barcelona B team, and was offered a new contract with a €20M buy-out clause.In September 2005, aged just 16 he made his senior debut against Girona FC in the semi-final of the Copa Catalunya, playing 45 minutes, getting the attention of Frank Rijkaard and the other coaching staff.With Barca B being relegated in the summer, it meant that in order to hold on to the biggest prospects they had to sign expensive professional deals and be involved in the first team, or risk being prised away, however with the club having a large squad of more established players, Assulin has again had to ply his trade in the clubs B team meaning that he soon become frustrated despite 5 goals in 9 games.Gai is on the verge of being capped by Israel this week despite being just 16 years old, and agent Pini Zahavi admits that a few clubs have made offers for his services with the Gunners thought to be leading the race.
“It’s true that my offices has received some offers for the player.”
Assulin received Spanish citizenship in May, meaning that if Arsenal agreed a deal, he would be able to play straight away, meaning that a loan to Link club Salamanca seems unlikely.If you would like to see more on the exciting prospect, including videos and pictures, visit his website http://www.gaiassulin.com/http://youngguns.wordpress.com/2008/03/24/...onfirms-offers/
We shall see.
How old is he?????

Guest Medic

Plays in that attacking midfield role but as you can see he drifts onto the wings, Has bags of pace and skills, llooks better than Gio dos santos no wonder barca might sell dos santos to give assulin a chance.2 real stars of the B team are thiago alcantara - a deco type creative midfielder and oier olazabal - the huge 17 yr old goalkeeper!

• 3 years later...
Guest Portuguese
Where/Who is Medic?
Hello./These older topics remind me how much I use to watch football. I think in the past year I've seen 5 matches.
I never seen you post about football before(I see a lot of sheeps in this room) that's why I asked. Now I seen your old post about Thiago+1