Playstation 3 Help

Lurch

Just recently bought a 360 Elite and quite happy with that. Just need to get on the Halo 3 and COD 4 bandwagon as well as Xbox Live next. But that's a seperate thing.Right now my questions about Playstation 3s. I'm also looking to get a Playstation 3 now but want to know whether it is worth getting the 60gb?I heard the 60gb holds the full weight that Sony originally came through with at launch. Plus they've discontinued 20gb and 60gb models or some sh*t? I know the 60gb models are almost fully backward compatible. But are there any differences? Some online websites still have the 60gb model but I don't know whether it's worth t.Which would be wise? If someone could summarise the difference or direct me to somewhere which explains it's much appreciated.

Yeah that's what I've been reading everywhere. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't any thing else that I missed.I'm one of them dumb people that pays for the extra features even though I most likely won't use them.BTW forgot to say thanks in my first post for any help! Cheerz macz!

If you have an 360 already just buy the 40gb like i did. Don't really have to worry about the small amount of space as you already have a 360 where you can download all your demos etc.Unless you want to play your ps2 games, thats when you need to look for a 60gb one.

Nice one, thanks for all the info.I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else I was missing which I ain't!Space won't be an issue, heard you can out a 2.5 inch laptop hdd in there so it's all good. I'll be looking to catch you on the PSN and XBOX 360 Live real soon.

Nice one, thanks for all the info.I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else I was missing which I ain't!Space won't be an issue, heard you can out a 2.5 inch laptop hdd in there so it's all good. I'll be looking to catch you on the PSN and XBOX 360 Live real soon.
or you could wait for the 80GB which will be out soon maybe with dual shock padsdepends on what you want

or you could wait for the 80GB which will be out soon maybe with dual shock padsdepends on what you want
Hmmm now that sounds tempting. Any ideas when that's due out?
So is that definite then?I didn't think it had been confirmed for Europe releaseTBH its not really worth waiting around for the 80 unless backwards compatibility is REALLY that important to you.Most people upgrade their hard-drives anyway (takes like 10mins), so space isn't an issue.And the dual shock pads cost 30 so thats not really that much of a saving either.so if BC isn't important you're basically paying extra dosh for a controller and 20gb more space...seems waste