Wenger keen on Lyon ace

Taurus

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has revealed he is interested in signing Lyon winger Hatem Ben Arfa.Ben Arfa is one of the most sought-after young players in Europe after impressing for Lyon in the last few seasons.Manchester United were linked with a move for Ben Arfa and team-mate Karim Benzema last month, while Spurs have held a long-term interest in the former.The 21-year-old still has two years to run on his contract and Lyon are hoping to tie him down to a new long-term deal.Wenger is a big admirer of his fellow Frenchman and admits he would be at the head of the queue if Ben Arfa became available."If Ben Arfa is for sale, then we are very interested," Wenger told French tv programme Telefoot."He is a great player and Arsenal is a potential destination for any great player."Arsenal have also been linked with a move for Barnsley goalkeeper Heinz Muller.Muller impressed earlier this season at Oakwell before suffering a serious knee injury which has ruled him out for the rest of the season.Wenger could be in the market for a new keeper in the summer as doubts surround the future of Jens Lehmann.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3345907,00.htmlcant see us getting him tbh but would be a very good signing imoand the heinz muller rumour...allow it

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same old story....Wenger mentions it....6 months down the line he's playing in the premiership....but with another club
lol at thinkin wenger done someone a favour, ben arfa aint some 14 yr old cambodian, man have knew about him for yearswould be a big signing for arsenal tho...

• 3 weeks later...
Lyon winger Hatem Ben Arfa has rejected speculation that he is looking to leave the Ligue 1 leaders, despite reported interest from Arsenal.Ben Arfa has rarely featured in the first-team plans of manager Alain Perrin in the second half of the season and discussions over a new contract have dragged on.Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is understood to be monitoring the situation as he eyes potential summer signings.But Ben Arfa, 21, insists he has no wish to leave Lyon and is confident he will agree a new deal at the Stade de Gerland at the end of the season."I am disappointed not to be playing more often," Ben Arfa told L'Equipe. "I realise a lot of people are surprised to see me on the bench."But I can just hope to be back in the starting XI. I can't do much more as the manager has not told me why I am a substitute. I still have hope and desire."The negotiations with Lyon are improving. I feel fine at Lyon. My future is not an issue, so far, and we will see that at the end of the season."Meanwhile, Perrin says the reason for Ben Arfa's limited first-team opportunities has been down to the form of forwards Abdulkader Keita, Fred and Karim Benzema."Competition is harsh at Lyon," Perrin added. "Hatem hasn't had the same attacking impact as in the first half of the season."Abdulkader Keita has improved greatly since the winter break, Fred and Karim Benzema have scored a lot of goals and play well together."

• 4 weeks later...
ARSENAL have won the race to grab Lyon winger Hatem Ben Arfa.Gunners boss Arsene Wenger beat Liverpool. Chelsea and Manchester United to land the Tunisia-born star.And Wenger has agreed a £16million deal for the 21-year-old, who was called into the French national team last season as a replacement for Louis Saha.

Guest Mickey Kane
i dont know what to make of that quote...it is the sun but anyhow this is true im having a party tomorrow.
Gonna be a carnival in my ends led by yours truly if it's true.

Guest F.O.S

lol @ us wanting him...its piejust trying to make your moral boost thing he would choose arsenal over man utdbenzema is what we need not ben arfa anywaywe already have nani/park/giggs/ronaldo and others as a last resort in his position

Guest Eduardo
ARSENAL have won the race to grab Lyon winger Hatem Ben Arfa.Gunners boss Arsene Wenger beat Liverpool. Chelsea and Manchester United to land the Tunisia-born star.And Wenger has agreed a £16million deal for the 21-year-old, who was called into the French national team last season as a replacement for Louis Saha.
Believe it when I see it.