The Raconteurs - Consolers Of The Lonely

YGNB

As Radiohead sought to revolutionise the record industry with the pay-what-you-like release of In Rainbows, so the Raconteurs are hoping to change the face of music journalism by announcing the release of a new album only a week in advance.Consolers of the Lonely is the second album from the group that brought together long-time friends Jack White and Brendan Benson in what is often described, much to the members' chagrin, as a supergroup. The album will hit shops both physical and virtual next Tuesday, March 25, after its existence was revealed today in a press release. The band's debut album Broken Boy Soldiers was released in 2006 to a blizzard of hype, something they appear keen to avoid this time around."The Raconteurs are happy to announce that in one week's time their second album, entitled 'Consolers Of The Lonely', will be available EVERYWHERE", the statement read."With this release, The Raconteurs are forgoing the usual months of lead time for press and radio set up, as well as forgoing the all-important 'first week sales'. We wanted to explore the idea of releasing an album everywhere at once and THEN marketing and promoting it thereafter. The Raconteurs would rather this release not be defined by it's [sic] first weeks sales, pre-release promotion, or by someone defining it FOR YOU before you get to hear it.""March 25th became the soonest date to have it available in EVERY FORMAT AT ONCE", the statment went on in a mixture of cases. " The band have done no interviews or advertisements for this record before this announcement."Elsewhere in the release, which you can read in full on the official Raconteurs site, the band make further suggestions as to how they wish their new product to be consumed. Included amongst the list are that the album be bought and listened to in its entirety, and that it would be best if it were bought on vinyl.
Anyone heard thisFirst album was sh*t

Seven Nations Army riff was absolutely killerHe can play all kind of music, from Seven Nations Army to You Don't Know What Love Is to ConquestAll different styles.He can play bass as well as acoustic and electric and his huge catalogue for an un-established (compared to other great guitarists, which are mostly commercial)All mean he's an amazing guitarist imoAnd he does loads of solo's. The guy has about 5 albums...

Guest SKYSCRAPER
Seven Nations Army riff was absolutely killerHe can play all kind of music, from Seven Nations Army to You Don't Know What Love Is to ConquestAll different styles.He can play bass as well as acoustic and electric and his huge catalogue for an un-established (compared to other great guitarists, which are mostly commercial)All mean he's an amazing guitarist imoAnd he does loads of solo's. The guy has about 5 albums...
Co-sign all of this.Especially the last part, dunno what White Stripes stuff you've been listening to JubezFresco.

Co-sign all of this.Especially the last part, dunno what White Stripes stuff you've been listening to JubezFresco.
I swear you just don't like me :D I got most of their albums so I'll put 'em on now, Elephant was sick I won't lie, I thought his best song in terms of the guitar abilities he displayed was Icky Thump.*Puts on De Stijl*

Guest SKYSCRAPER
I swear you just don't like me :D I got most of their albums so I'll put 'em on now, Elephant was sick I won't lie, I thought his best song in terms of the guitar abilities he displayed was Icky Thump.*Puts on De Stijl*
Nah, you're safe still.I just like prodding you occasionally.*prods*(NO HOLMES)

• 2 weeks later...