Sign in to follow this  
Thun

Drivers To Get Parking Tickets In The Post From 'Big Brother' CCTV Cameras

Millions of motorists will receive parking tickets by post after being caught on CCTV camera under rules that have been called "Orwellian". Drivers spotted by the "Big Brother" cameras also face fines of up to £120 as part of a Government shake-up of parking regulations which comes into effect from Monday, March 31. Until now, wardens have had to hand a ticket to a driver or leave it on the windscreen. But now they will also be able to issue the tickets remotely, without the driver knowing about it until they receive the Penalty Charge Notice through their letterbox. cctvcameraST2603_468x550.jpgThere are fears that councils will use the regulations as yet another way to raise money. Remote CCTV teams will be able to monitor streets to spot drivers who park on a yellow line or overstay at a meter. The rules also give councils the power to set a sliding scale of fines of up to £120 for different types of parking offence. Motorists in London face the highest fines, while those outside the capital can receive a maximum fine of £70. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770LOL at the people who thought cameras would be used to protect you. They will be used in many different ways in time to come.

Soon every road will have a camera and as soon as you step out your house your on CCTV

this has been going on for time fam last time i got ticket for parking on a double yellow in peckham and 3 days later got the ticket (this was over a year ago).i think its the save money on wages for traffic wardens and now there is NO ONE you can beat up if you got a ticket unfairly just an 0845 number with a automated phone service.dont get caught slippin.

I see little smart cars going around with a camera on top but never knew road cameras are now being used to issue parking tickets.

What do them vans with the Congestion charge logo that go around with camera's on top their vehicle do? I've seen them circling my ends sometimes and I live nowhere near the charge zoneAnd this isnt new, but still a pisstake

f*ck*ng hell man, you cant park anywhere these days.More time im shook to even park on a yellow line at midnight, just in case they try a ting

I think i may have a ticket through the post as i overstayed my free 3hour parking in tescobut if it comes thru i am appealing

nothing new about this, my bredrin once contested a parking ticket and got sent a link via email how long he spent on the dble yellow, from 3 angles laugh.gif. nothing wrong with it really if the cameras are meant to fight crime and offences.

nothing new about this, my bredrin once contested a parking ticket and got sent a link via email how long he spent on the dble yellow, from 3 angles laugh.gif. nothing wrong with it really if the cameras are meant to fight crime and offences.
All good and well but when they are used for more sinister observation, it's wrong. The information they gather will be abused.

Soon every road will have a camera and as soon as you step out your house your on CCTV
Tried telling my mum this and she laughed and told that was the weed talking (proper against drugs) even though I was stone cold sober.

Guest Smell Of Death
Millions of motorists will receive parking tickets by post after being caught on CCTV camera under rules that have been called "Orwellian". Drivers spotted by the "Big Brother" cameras also face fines of up to £120 as part of a Government shake-up of parking regulations which comes into effect from Monday, March 31. Until now, wardens have had to hand a ticket to a driver or leave it on the windscreen. But now they will also be able to issue the tickets remotely, without the driver knowing about it until they receive the Penalty Charge Notice through their letterbox. cctvcameraST2603_468x550.jpgThere are fears that councils will use the regulations as yet another way to raise money. Remote CCTV teams will be able to monitor streets to spot drivers who park on a yellow line or overstay at a meter. The rules also give councils the power to set a sliding scale of fines of up to £120 for different types of parking offence. Motorists in London face the highest fines, while those outside the capital can receive a maximum fine of £70. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770LOL at the people who thought cameras would be used to protect you. They will be used in many different ways in time to come.
its inevitable bruv