Aspiring New York Rapper Shot Dead

TF S4DK

Up and coming New York rapper Cavlar was shot and killed on a Brooklyn street yesterday as he was leaving a seafood restaurant.Cavlar (born Leval Lyde), 36, had just begun to garner a name for himself with his own music and "Step Up Your Game" DVDs featuring well-known stars when he met an early demise.According to reports he was leaving Fish & Crustaceans Quality Seafood in Fort Greene at 4:50 p.m. when, as he approached the maroon jaguar owned by his child's mother, he was shot with a single bullet.The co-owner of the restaurant, Charles Kearney, saw the whole thing happen."He fell right in front of me," Kearny told New York's Daily News.Reportedly, the rapper had been arguing with the gunman and two men with him, all of whom ran after the shooting.He died at Brooklyn Hospital Center.Lyde's uncle, Clarence Lamb, called the death "senseless.""Young people killing each other . . . is fruitless," he told the New York Post. "It's crazy, just crazy."A cousin who asked not to be identified, said the Lyde was "a kind person, a loving person."Cavlar was known for his affiliation with Earthquake Camp Records. He toured with Lil Jon and the Ying Yang Twins, and appeared on Hot 97's "DJ Kay Slay Drama Hour" and WBLS' "Wendy Williams Show."According to Earthquake camp Records, Cavlar "honed his writing and rapping skills while serving time in New York's Arthur Kill Correctional Facility," serving time on assault and weapons charges, where the rapper first took an interest in music.Police were looking into whether the murder might have been rap-related.

Guest Smell Of Death
the age thing is crazycomparitively the UK "urban" music scene is soo young compared to the USthe people at the top over there are all late twenties and thirtiesover here its all late teens early twentieswagwan wid dat
people in the UK are at the same place the Americans where at the same agecompare the different oneswho's more successful?

Guest Cousin Of Sleep

Grime is a comparitively fresh scene, when hip hop started out, they artists were of the same age the grime artists are now.Still, R.I.P...

the age thing is crazycomparitively the UK "urban" music scene is soo young compared to the USthe people at the top over there are all late twenties and thirtiesover here its all late teens early twentieswagwan wid dat
kinda noticed this still.

Cant say id heard of him, but RIP.A woman was shot dead at his memorial party too.

A woman who stopped by the late, Brooklyn rapper Cavlar's memorial party last night (Mar. 30) was fatally shot; hit by a stray bullet fired by a drunken partygoer. According to New York's Daily News, Nancy Williams - a 27 year-old mother of three - was randomly hit while attending the aspiring rapper's memorial party held outside his former Brooklyn home. As SOHH previously reported, Cavlar (born Leval Lyde) was gunned down just last week after leaving a seafood restaurant in Fort Greene. Williams had just left her three children with her mother and grandmother while she went running errands. Headed to the store, she stopped by the backyard party held in Cavlar's honor where authorities say an intoxicated person in attendance began firing as many as seven rounds aimlessly through the yards behind the Stuyvesant Garden Houses. As she tried to flee, Williams was struck but managed to stumble into the rear hallway of a neighboring building before she collapsed. That's where her family found her. "Me and the mother ran out and saw her," Williams' grandmother, Mary Parker told the Daily News. "Her eyes were rolled back, and I knew she was dead. I don't know why anyone would do something like that." Robert Powell lives on the second floor of the building where Williams collapsed. "I heard shots and looked out," he said. "A lot of people were running. She got right in the hallway and fell. People were saying, 'She's not breathing. She's not breathing.'" Williams died 40 minutes later at Brookdale University Hospital, police said. She had plans to move in with the father of her youngest child. "She was a good girl, and a good mother," said John Black, of Dix Hills, L.I., the father of Willams' 8-month-old baby. "We were just about to move out of here. We didn't move fast enough and that was a mistake." A police source said Williams "happened to be in the wrong place and at the wrong time." No arrests were immediately made and no one at the party has fingered the shooter. Williams leaves an infant daughter, 8-year-old son and 10-year-old daughter.